J4ck.P0tt
dong-ma?
+8|6344|Berlin
(okay, that might have been posted gazillion times before... but, naaaah!)

Okay, if You don't like what  I'm about to say, flame me to oblivion... but please give it a try before You cry:

The last two days on some pub servers (full map rotation) I had the distinct pleasure of Wake Island IO.

IT ROCKS! PERIOD!!

All those IO whores - especially Snipers - YOU GOTTA TRY THIS! OMFG!!

No jet-, tank-, chopper-, arty-whores, nothing but a couple of boats, hard, honest labour and teamwork at it's best.

Comments, anybody?

Ciao4now
J4ck
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6818|San Francisco

I much prefer a more closely knit map for IO.

Playing IO on Wake takes forever to get from one flag to the next, despite the enhanced sprint stamina.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6540|United States
Uhm... I like J-10's. But Hooray for Wake anything!
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6626|The View From The Afternoon
maybe I'll try it out
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Playing IO on Wake takes forever to get from one flag to the next, despite the enhanced sprint stamina.
When there are a full 64 players on, you don't really run from flag to flag so much as your 30 players kinda flop on their 30 players until one side gives and a flag is taken.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6448|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Bring back Omaha Beach!
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6818|San Francisco

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

When there are a full 64 players on, you don't really run from flag to flag so much as your 30 players kinda flop on their 30 players until one side gives and a flag is taken.
Heh, I have only played Wake in IO mode a few times, on a 32 player server. Long, boring rounds!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Heh, I have only played Wake in IO mode a few times, on a 32 player server. Long, boring rounds!
The one time I have played was with 64 players, and I must say it was an experience. US capped one flag, and then the battle lines were drawn, and that's it. Absolutely perfect time for a semi-auto sniper, had well over a 5:1 that round.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6609|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Actually one of my friend told me that you can play Wake on IO... i rly dindt knew that since the past few weeks and i never tryed seems to be so long to run from a flag to another... but i think ill try it after your topic
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere
OMG!!

i want to find that server! lol

i've always thought that Wake IO would be sweet, but never could find a server that had it in rotation
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6373|Alberta, Canada
Know what's not sweet? Eryx on the tips of the island... Hell, I'm usually one of them. And I get someone to keep throwing ammo packs at my feet. Easiest 6 kills with one rocket to make on a 64 player map.
Launch... 5 seconds later *BOOM* You killed _______ X6... Repeat.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6415|Queens, NYC
It's like Jalalabad IO, but with water! Wake IO is probably easier than Jbad.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6315|Cali
It sounds like a try.
Linus
+53|6623

J4ck.P0tt wrote:

(okay, that might have been posted gazillion times before... but, naaaah!)

Okay, if You don't like what  I'm about to say, flame me to oblivion... but please give it a try before You cry:

The last two days on some pub servers (full map rotation) I had the distinct pleasure of Wake Island IO.

IT ROCKS! PERIOD!!

All those IO whores - especially Snipers - YOU GOTTA TRY THIS! OMFG!!

No jet-, tank-, chopper-, arty-whores, nothing but a couple of boats, hard, honest labour and teamwork at it's best.

Comments, anybody?

Ciao4now
J4ck
Agreed and I been saying this since the day IO mode came out.... why arent there more IO Wakes..
Wake Island is the only good map on BF2...and all the kiddies with daddys joysticks ruin 99% of the
games on it with their gayness.  Lets face it.. Having 1300 mph jets on a 1 square mile map is about
the dumbest thing Ive ever seen.  And Choppers that can take ground (flags) from the air ?  Gayyyy..
When youre lucky enough to get into a Wake Island game with 16+ people without any of that gayness
its the best fun BF2 has to offer. Period.
AlienWrath2121
+7|6282|Behind you with a large rifle

Linus wrote:

Agreed and I been saying this since the day IO mode came out.... why arent there more IO Wakes..
Wake Island is the only good map on BF2...and all the kiddies with daddys joysticks ruin 99% of the
games on it with their gayness.  Lets face it.. Having 1300 mph jets on a 1 square mile map is about
the dumbest thing Ive ever seen.  And Choppers that can take ground (flags) from the air ?  Gayyyy..
When youre lucky enough to get into a Wake Island game with 16+ people without any of that gayness
its the best fun BF2 has to offer. Period.
Obviously not a pilot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard