Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6706|Central Valley,California
https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/powerplayernick/NS.jpg

10 bucks, not 30 like some expected.

Last edited by Fuzzball_the_Shooter (2007-02-07 22:56:16)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Who on earth thought it would be 30?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ozzie_johnson
+98|6659|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
is it coming out on disc(dvd)????
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6536|Valhalla

ozzie_johnson wrote:

is it coming out on disc(dvd)????
thats what i want to know
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
£5.99 for us brits unlike £17.99 at hmv! wow. pre-ordering as i type this.
ozzie_johnson
i hate using that ea downloader or whatever they call it now, usally takes bloddy 5+ hours to dl and not to mention the installing problems that come with it.
Far
+22|6732|USA
It would be nice if preordering allowed you to unlock NS toys (provided you have available unlocks of course) when the patch comes out.
Otherwise, what's the sense of preordering if it isn't available to download till March 1st anyway?
Magius5.0
+106|6383|UMass Amherst
Everyone bitches about the downloader, I have yet to experience any problems with it.  Yeah, I suppose I could rub it in your faces and say that I have T1 connection or Cable, depending if I'm at campus or at home--oops, guess I just did.  Anyways, it takes a few hours, so if you really are that desperate to get something downloaded, you're simply impatient.  Just leave the downloader running while you go do errands--me, I'm probably going to pre-order sometime this week...I have no bloody money these days.
ozzie_johnson
ive only got a 10 gig a limit a month though.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
Well if the beta of NS was anything to go by, I downloaded it in 10 minutes from EA link and I'm only on ADSL. The beta appeared to have all the content, at least there was nothing missing that I could see, so I don't know why it should take hours to download.

I'll be pre-ordering when I get in from work tonight.
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london
- 370MB Memory Space it takes up (shows in screenie)
- Pretty cheap too
- And also available on 1st March in America!! Anyone know the British release? Anyway - Less than a month, w00t!!
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6794
Hmm.  I was wondering whether to subscribe to WoW - my first month ends around the same time as Northern Strike comes out - but NS is cheaper. I'll give it a go.
Geata
+1|6679|Frankfurt, Germany
@ kptk92 can´t tell you when it´ll be out in Britain, but the German ea link says the same as the American (1st March). Think it´s the global release date.
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6706|Central Valley,California

Spark wrote:

Who on earth thought it would be 30?
People who saw it on another site.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
British release according to EA Link is 8th of the March..
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker

Magius5.0 wrote:

Everyone bitches about the downloader, I have yet to experience any problems with it.  Yeah, I suppose I could rub it in your faces and say that I have T1 connection or Cable, depending if I'm at campus or at home--oops, guess I just did.  Anyways, it takes a few hours, so if you really are that desperate to get something downloaded, you're simply impatient.  Just leave the downloader running while you go do errands--me, I'm probably going to pre-order sometime this week...I have no bloody money these days.
Same here, no problems at all.  3meg cable and I just let it DL while I do other things . . . like post here.
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london

Geata wrote:

@ kptk92 can´t tell you when it´ll be out in Britain, but the German ea link says the same as the American (1st March). Think it´s the global release date.

leetkyle wrote:

Ok then ...
Master*
Banned
+416|6496|United States
Can someone tell me if this is coming out on DVD?
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london

kptk92 wrote:

Geata wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

Ok then ...
Just checked EA Link - £5.99 for NS in England and is available for download on the 1st March!!!
ZCaliber
+12|6513|Between Canada and Iowa
EA apparently doesn't want me to pre-order... Always says my 'session has expired'.

Edit: A Dumbass is me.

Last edited by ZCaliber (2007-02-08 15:25:48)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Well if the beta of NS was anything to go by, I downloaded it in 10 minutes from EA link and I'm only on ADSL. The beta appeared to have all the content, at least there was nothing missing that I could see, so I don't know why it should take hours to download.

I'll be pre-ordering when I get in from work tonight.
Same, everyone bitches about EA downloader, thats where i got EF and AF from, and its where ill be gettin NS from.  It only takes 30 mins top's to download, and it features download resume, so whats the problem?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

Magius5.0 wrote:

Same here. I like EA link, it's fairly fast, no lines or queues and if you need to turn off your computer when you turn it back on you can continue from where you left off. The only time it does get screwed up is if you blue-screen in the middle of a download, because then you got to restart the process. But I still really like it.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

EA Link's decent. Good speeds *knock on wood*, been stable for me. Could be more well-designed in terms of interface and speed (Steam is leet) but it does what it does.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6607|Greenwood, IN
I remember when steam was first turned on.  It was so shit then now its... <3

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard