De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6519|Belgium

[BAC]Gunfire wrote:

Actually, I played with him recently (total random server and he was playing there), he's a pretty good teamplayer. I revived him, he gave me ammo. When I died, he grabbed my kit and revived me after clearing the area. WHICH is what a lot of people often don't do, sometimes medics just run over your body, up to the next flag without reviving you at all.
Mhh but check his grenade stats mhh that's alot grenade kills and hours, but maybe he changed his mind now and plays regular servers ( which server was it?)

I still need to get and to get away from all the nade spammers in front of Hotel.
mhh don't got any troubles with that problem just go around the hotel by the hills or the railway next to the big wall ( the notice WARNING LEAVING COMBAT AREA... shows up then) that will be effective and you got a big chance of winning the round if you capter suburb and trainaccident by this tactic.

Greetz Gunny
It was a 24/7 Karkand infantry only server, located in the Netherlands I think. And indeed, he had a lot of grenade kills in those rounds too, but he also played as a team, which I think is cool. He even left the hotel area to cap suburb with our squad, to return to hotel again, and as said before he took kits to revive people, even if that didn't gave him infinite nades. So I think he's a nice guy to play with. Even though he tosses a lot of nades, a lot of them hit targets, so maybe people should just, like you say, flank and get another flag

So if you know where not to go, you can avoid a lot of claymores and nades (or have a friendly medic nearby).
[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6358|BeLgIuM
It was a 24/7 Karkand infantry only server, located in the Netherlands I think. And indeed, he had a lot of grenade kills in those rounds too, but he also played as a team, which I think is cool. He even left the hotel area to cap suburb with our squad, to return to hotel again, and as said before he took kits to revive people, even if that didn't gave him infinite nades. So I think he's a nice guy to play with. Even though he tosses a lot of nades, a lot of them hit targets, so maybe people should just, like you say, flank and get another flag

So if you know where not to go, you can avoid a lot of claymores and nades (or have a friendly medic nearby).
cool i would like to play with him some day then.

Greetz gunny

Last edited by [BAC]Gunfire (2007-02-05 12:17:06)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
It's a nicely balanced map. There's lots of cover for infantry action, armour is able to cruise around killing, but is still vulnerable to AT rockets.
There's also two major bottlenecks, one at the start with the initial assault, and the battle for the bridge at the train accident. The second of these tends to be where the game is won or lost, if the MEC holds the USMC and stops the flanking move of vehicles through the ford, they maintain an equal number of CPs and have the defensive advantage.
It's also somewhat easy to get a flanking move going, using an infiltrating squad if infantry.

However, in IO mode, the threat and speed of the vehicles is gone, making it just a case of who can spam the most grenades and who has more snipers or medic whores.

EDIT:
That's not to say it's the best, but that's why it's popular. I prefer Sharqi, but know I can always hop onto a karkand server for a while for a decent game if I can't find anything else. (Much like it was on Sunday. everybody sucked until I got to a Karkand server and started being a pain in the ass as spec ops by banzai-charging armour to try and get basic explosive ordanance.)

Last edited by Skorpy-chan (2007-02-05 15:49:18)

KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6444|Cambridge, UK

Warlord is the Karkland of SF and I used to be its whore....

... but I just started forcing myself to play the maps I had played the least and its fun, fun, fun...

however its easy to end up on a team getin slamed and people do love there kpd and spm being high.... I've just put 1.5 hours into Great Wall, which was fun but everytime one side gets pushed back to just outside the walls people (mostly high ranks) start swaping teams or leavin... so sad.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6630|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Me i wanna know why people say that karkand is not a good map...

Everybody know its one of the best map of this game its a teamplay map, you make points in it and you have fun... and you dont get raped by jet or heli, if you dont play IO then it is always possible to have fun by taking down tanks, apc and vehicul, a good teamplay squad can have 2 anti tank and destroy the armor in a minute...

KARKAND FTW !

that why i play karkie
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6537

PBAsydney wrote:

It's popular because it's easy as hell and takes no skill to get shitloads of points.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6643|Spokane, Washington

I play it because I've played it so much that I know every aspect of the map like the back of my hand.

And its easy to get points...

Example: (and yeah I know I'm gonna get shot down by posting this screenshot, but what the hell) (Assault FTW)
https://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/8b03d64d39fcc609afeb7557296b83737c3f7429.png

Last edited by Unclean009 (2007-02-05 16:19:12)

Dragonclaw
+186|6297|Florida
Karkand is the ideal infantry map because its medium size even on 64 player and its generally easy to get from one place to the fight. Mashtuur is too big. Sharqi has an infantry assraper in the form of a helicopter and it is also a large sized map. The only bad thing about karkand is the nade spam on 64 player servers and the easy spawnraping.
l41e
+677|6640

Andoura wrote:

Everybody know its one of the best map of this game its a teamplay map, you make points in it and you have fun... and you dont get raped by jet or heli, if you dont play IO then it is always possible to have fun by taking down tanks, apc and vehicul, a good teamplay squad can have 2 anti tank and destroy the armor in a minute...

KARKAND FTW !

that why i play karkie
My eyes just fell off.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6450|behind my rifle

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] wrote:

Karkand is the ideal infantry map because its medium size even on 64 player and its generally easy to get from one place to the fight. Mashtuur is too big. Sharqi has an infantry assraper in the form of a helicopter and it is also a large sized map. The only bad thing about karkand is the nade spam on 64 player servers and the easy spawnraping.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Because they fail to realize Sharqi is better.
avman633
+116|6356
It is a really fun map to play, has best infantry and is good for points.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6515|the Netherlands
Nice looking map ,great layout ,lots of cover ... i like Strike at  Karkand map
[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6358|BeLgIuM

Andoura wrote:

KARKAND FTW !

that why i play karkie
Maybe we ( me and you ) can make of this topic "THE BIG KAKRAND TOPIC" or something like that?
Does that sounds good to you?

GreetZ GunnY
[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6358|BeLgIuM
Answer?
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6484
It's a good map with alot of action, you don't need to walk far to get into the fight.

The sexiest map in BF2 I believe is operation harvest or midnight sun.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6641
Best scrim map
Herbnosis
+4|6436
Easy points.  Period.  While IO may be a nade fest, vehicles makes it a camp fest.  At least with the nades, everyone has a chance at points, rather than the two or three guys on either side of the Hotel alleys.  Add a few dune buggies at USMC spawn so they can rush by Hotel and the whole map would open up (but then USMC would have a much bigger advantage).

I prefer Sharqi (for teamwork aspect) but I'm generally a Jalalabad whore: good for points, great when there's teamwork involved.
Volatile
+252|6696|Sextupling in Empire

Quick points and you can kill every enemy(no air power).
PuN!sHer
+18|6551
best infantry map IMO ... its so fun, I never get bored on it
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6578|Sweden

Sinyukov wrote:

I used to love playing Karkand to get away from all the jet/chopper whores when I had no idea how to fly. Now I am being drawn more to Special Forces and the Warlord map probably for the medals that I still need to get and to get away from all the nade spammers in front of Hotel.
don't bother with the hotel flag or be one of the nadespammers then. That's what i do. And that map is fun because of the tight ation.
[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6358|BeLgIuM

PuN!sHer wrote:

I never get bored on it
Yeah got that alright

Gunny
Altophish
+8|6492
Simple....Karkand gets played because it's the first or second map on damn near every server in the BF2 world!

By far it's not my favorite map!!  But it's the map I have the most time on.
Gilmourish
+4|6575|Holland
I think it's a good map too. Not too big, so you get into action quickly. And there are alot of places where big firefights happen. The vehicles can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but it's fun blowing up a tank. I really like that there are so many sniper-spots, even where you wouldn't think they would be.
ExquisiteDeth86
is still a BF2 Gunnery Sgt.
+16|6652|H3ITWP
Id say its so popular because it has appeal to both beginners and experts.
good for close quarters mayhem and other things that appeal to more experienced players,and point getting palooza for n00bs.
i personally love it because of the HUGE stalemate that ALWAYS happens on the 64 maps between gatehouse and train accident
snipe fest,with the kamikaze swimmers,the tanks that sit and rape the spawns till someone wises up an plays AT, i could go on all day.
thats why i love it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard