Rubix-Cubes
+123|6657|UK
i play conquest most pf the time, but titan is great if you have the right sqaud attacking, so what you have a few nade, apm,rdx spammers, what fun would it be if it was easy
the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6643|The Netherlands

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

if you have the right sqaud attacking
The right sqaud is the wrong squad.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6407|NSW, Australia

ok heres a little thing i have picked up just to help you all out

when dropping down the vents, don't just run down there throw rdx and detonate then drop down, you will have taken out apms and and rdx, then don't just run willy nilly round the titan crouch, you wont get suddenly blown up by an apm.

SO CROUCH ON THE TITAN, AND CHUCK RDX INTO CORRIDORS AND VENTS. now the only thing that can kill you is campers.
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6618|UCF

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

ok heres a little thing i have picked up just to help you all out

when dropping down the vents, don't just run down there throw rdx and detonate then drop down, you will have taken out apms and and rdx, then don't just run willy nilly round the titan crouch, you wont get suddenly blown up by an apm.

SO CROUCH ON THE TITAN, AND CHUCK RDX INTO CORRIDORS AND VENTS. now the only thing that can kill you is campers.
And Grenades and Sentry Guns and getting stuck on the IPS
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

I like titan mode, but you point mode that which truly sucks most about it.
+1 for the diagram

https://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2676/screen107mw3.th.png

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-02-05 15:40:21)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Marlboroman82 wrote:

why i uninstalled it
2142 mode sucks
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6810|Marathon, Florida Keys

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Wow maybe if you had a large coordinated attack force you could do it, but as all the attackers are smurfs the titan ussually will be destroyed by missiles. And Patton your paint skills suck so much you have no right to say anything anyone else did sucked ever again.
Im sorry, next time i make a picture i'll spend 2 hours on it making it look nice and pretty for you, Ok?
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Commando
+8|6603
I like Conquest, I think it has better maps, but there isn't enough points in it.

Titan mode is random, sometimes you get no one on the server defending, othertimes its exactly as the picture describes. What can you do huh....
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

Bugger off people... that picture is not just hilarious but also effectively summarized 90 % of Titan "experience".
Face it, most of you play it for 2 reasons:
- Points (ALOT of points), playing titan should be considered stat padding
- Total lack of interest in any thinking and/or smart/tactical/careful playing.

+1 for Patton
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

zeidmaan wrote:

Bugger off people... that picture is not just hilarious but also effectively summarized 90 % of Titan "experience".
Face it, most of you play it for 2 reasons:
- Points (ALOT of points), playing titan should be considered stat padding

+1 for Patton
Hm ... can easily get much points playing conquest as well in rounds that last equally long so "whoring" Titan mode for points is a common mistake.

I like both
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6711|Sweden
Citymaps conquest is prolly the way to go if you wanna whore points doing it in a titan is just easier.
( defending ) I just wish they could well do something about the titans when they lauched this game they kinda proimised us epic firefights in those titans now it´s just epic nadespamminng/sentrywhoring/RDX/APM spam. ( mostly )
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

zeidmaan wrote:

Thats not true, there is plenty of tactic, in fact you can't rely on stonewalling to run down tickets. You have to keep moving.  2 Organized squads can almost win at will ... granted I'm a straggler and don;t fall into that category.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-02-05 17:19:57)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
I agree with that point, but that's why they put in the other way of destroying the titan. Duh.

Another reason I don't like it though is because I lag a bit too much sometimes...
Sambuccashake
+126|6611|Sweden
That illustration is gold. Pure gold.

No lepreachauns or anything but still gold.

+1
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344
I like the titan mode the most. Cause its the crazy vehicle combat cruisin shit in the beginning, when everyone rushes for the silos and the nice infantry shootouts when attacking or defending the titan.

Thing is, you can crack open such a defending line almost every time. If you act coordinated. The reason it doesn´t work most of the time, is because the attackers are too retarded to think. Let one guy run in, he gets the APM´s and RDX and then rush in, nading and smoking.
But instead, most of the attackers run in at the same time, get blown up and due to a lack of attackers, the nasty Recon soldier in the hallway has the possibility to replace any explosives.

Or you get one guy sacrificing himself (which I do most) and then the rest of your pussyteam´s just too scared of scoring another death and stay right in front of the entrance instead of using the cleared path to poke the defenders.
No big deal at all.

If you encounter an organized squad defending of course, your chances decrease near zero.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
JimmyBotswana
+82|6587|Montreal
defense is supposed to have an advantage in the titan. if it is too well defended get out of there and cap some silos while all their men are in the titan.
wodstlk
+2|6380
i love titan mode, i hardly ever play conquest anymore.  if i want to just play capture the flag, i hop on a bf2 server.  at first i didn't like it because of all the lag and hacks, but now it seems to play well.
Zukabazuka
+23|6686
Smoke doesn't help at all against people who defend with grenades. It just make it worse for you.
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

All the "squad teamwork" and "one rushes in the rest provide covering fire and support" sounds good on paper and its a good promotional trick. Thats what reviews of the game say. But in reality... not so good.
Reason why you think it "works" is because occasionally you will run in to 3-4 lone wolfs newbies defending the titan and you will dominate them. And you will remember that round.
Titan is by design ridiculously small and simple. And thats the reason why its popular. Its a IO karnak only FF OFF grenade spamming whores paradise. And what were the most popular servers in BF2? IO 24/7 karnak FFoff.

Also when the both titans loose the shields there is almost never more than 10 people on the ground. So you cant exactly have intense ground combat. Those left on the ground mostly just go from silo to silo, capturing one and at the same time loosing the previous one.

And dont get me started on the dumbness off Titan pods. Talk about simplifying the game.

EDIT: !woot! I totally forgot. Dont tell me that anyone here approves of the Titan guns?

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-02-06 04:21:38)

Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality
What I want to know is why Patton is drawing half-erect male organs with sperm fighting their way to orgasm.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Chappy556
+14|6701
i avoid the titans at all in large maps...only if im commander and no one is defending, ill fill the gaps till my team can get back and help

other than that, go cap silos, its more fun anyways

if its a small server, normally you can blow up/defend titans with little to no probs
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6716|Germany
I imagine the titan as in general a big ass campside!
Damn campers sitting the whole time inside their titan(tents) and wait till people attack.
In CS1.6 times people got kicked for that hell of laming around.

Edit: To make it clear from my opinion: Yea titaan mode sucks big time except you are in Gunship.

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2007-02-06 08:04:58)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6751
I think with the proper squad Titan mode can kick ass.

If you work together, then you can take out the enemy titan easily.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6415|Finland

It depends on server. If I lag like hell it sucks. If I camp my titan with no lag at all it's uber noob fragging competition (no, I camp outside titan most of the time. )
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6690|London, UK
I just go round capping the flags >.> damn titan has soooo many hiding places

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard