Sambuccashake
+126|6612|Sweden
Would be pretty wicked (and waaay wrong) if it worked as normal RDX so you could take out vehicles/consoles/cores while standing safely out of harms way.

But I do think seasoned players will find it very usefull.
Magius5.0 seems to derive some pleasure from wielding it. 

Care to tell us more about it?
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6600|Cheshire. UK
Thats an end to my titan core/ console attacks lol......hard enough getting down the corridor as it is!!

Last edited by joker3327 (2007-02-05 06:28:22)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
I hate the support unlocks from NS. My favs are the boots, assault secondary ammo, engy ammo.
Sambuccashake
+126|6612|Sweden
Yeah the boots are a must-have.

It sucks when you don't have time to deploy the parachute and are dazed and half dead while the surprised enemy flinches and finish you off with a lucky burst.
Quicker stamina recovery sounds sexy too.

But still, I look forward to try out the RDX-clark.

EDIT: The infantry sonar MUST be awesome on certain maps?
And capping flags will be quite a lot easier if you've got an AFK commander who won't give you UAV's.

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2007-02-05 06:46:53)

OmniDeath
~
+726|6646

how does one join the beta testing? is it open or closed?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

the infantry sonar is awesome. especially on the titan.
the boots are also pretty much useless right now. there is a review of them in the NS forums and the conclusion is that they don't really do anything. clark-rdx (while i have to agree that it is fun to use) and the boots should be your last unlocks because they dont really add anything. the other unlocks are way better
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london

Omnideath wrote:

how does one join the beta testing? is it open or closed?
Its open. Check out:

http://battlefield.ea.com
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
There's an open beta and a closed beta. The changelog for the two are different, with some extra things in the closed beta from what I've seen. The closed beta of course is part of the NS beta so there's probably extra stuff in there to accomodate the new maps and vehicles.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6639|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Does it matter if you patch it over?

Or would i have to reinstall to play on the same patch as before.

Or is they no point and stick with beta 1.20 and wait till 1.20 comes out?

Lol.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

i'll do a quick mini-review of the unlocks

sniper:
- decoy: it put the UAV dot/sat scan onto the decoy and you remain undetected. if you manually spot the sniper dots on both appeak
- camo upgrade: does exactly what it says. the camo lasts longer between recharges

Assault:
-extra rocket/shotgun shell: gives you 4 instead of 3 rockets/shells. pretty usefull imo
-radar nade: gives you 1 small UAV sweep. cannot be resupplied. i find that the rocket launcher and shock paddles are more usefull. dont unlock until the end

Engy:
-motion mine bait: will bait all motion mines in the area and explode them (also very useful for traps). well worth it
-exrtra ammo: you get extra bullets into your SMG. i'm sort of 50/50 on this one, i would only unlock it if you find yourself running out of ammo in fights

Support:
-Infantry sonar: gives you a infantry UAV over the deployed device. very useful.
-rdx-shotgun: see my above post

Player ability:
- boots: see my above

SL ability: you can spawn every 10s form the beacon. normal CPs are unaffected
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6544|Sammamish, WA
Aah I love it! Those new UAV-type unlocks should prove to be super useful. I haven't used it yet but that radar 'nade should in fact prove to be very useful, even if it is only a single sweep. I don't know about that decoy...it does seem kind of 50/50 and requires folks be really watching their radar. It might be more interesting to have your radar dot only display for about half the time. Having it not display alltogether would be a bit too powerful.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6718|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
From the sound of it, this might just be the first weapon of the battlefield series to have a hot fix created for the exclusive purpose of nerfing it.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK

mcgid1 wrote:

From the sound of it, this might just be the first weapon of the battlefield series to have a hot fix created for the exclusive purpose of nerfing it.
Doubtful, as it stands it isn't that good.
GR34
+215|6547|ALBERTA> CANADA
so if i have vanilla BF2142 i can still unlock NS unlocks in vanilla bf2 and have them for ever!!!sweet iam so getting RDX whore launcher or the N00B nooB as it will be called HAHAHAHAHAHA i will pwn u all. LOl drop 20 decoys so the enemy thinks your whole team is in there titan so they poo ther pants and abandon ship

Last edited by GR34 (2007-02-06 16:10:05)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

mcgid1 wrote:

Not nerfing, beefing up. I think it oughtr to be improved and most of the guys at combattesting would like to see its damage and range increased so I think it will be an adaquet weapon in the final build.
zeidmaan
+234|6417|Vienna

GR34 wrote:

so if i have vanilla BF2142 i can still unlock NS unlocks in vanilla bf2 and have them for ever!!!sweet iam so getting RDX whore launcher or the N00B nooB as it will be called HAHAHAHAHAHA i will pwn u all. LOl drop 20 decoys so the enemy thinks your whole team is in there titan so they poo ther pants and abandon ship
You can unlock them in vanilla but you will have them only untill you disconnect or you get CTD

And if you want to try the beta patch go to you programs/Eletronic Arts folder. Make a copy of you Battlefield2142 directory (just right click drag-drop in same directory). You will get a directory called "Copy of Battlefield2142". Now install the new patch and it will patch the version in normal "Battlefield 2142" directory. So now you will have both versiones installed. If you want to run the 1.1 version (current) just run the .exe file in "Copy of Battlefield 2142". If you want to run the 1.2 Beta than run the .exe in "Battlefield 2142".
Dizik
It tastes like burning
+23|6817|Moore, OK
*Out of bounds now immediately kills after 15 seconds instead of doing gradual damage over 15 seconds. This prevents exploits using the out of bounds area.
About fucking time.
*APM:s always set to “ Friendly fire off” on ranked servers. Increases consistency and prevents misunderstanding.
This is a welcomed addition, though I haven't come across too many servers that play with FF on with APMs.
Magius5.0
+106|6383|UMass Amherst

Sambuccashake wrote:

Would be pretty wicked (and waaay wrong) if it worked as normal RDX so you could take out vehicles/consoles/cores while standing safely out of harms way.

But I do think seasoned players will find it very usefull.
Magius5.0 seems to derive some pleasure from wielding it.  wink

Care to tell us more about it?
So far, it's okay.  It is open beta, which means the weapon may be fine-tuned before the public official release of Northern Strike.

Basically the RDX shotgun is a sticky bomb launcher, as someone pointed out.  I haven't stuck any organic objects yet (like infantry) but I assume it can.  It has considerable range if you arc high (on the order of 30 to 45 degrees from horizontal), but you need precision aim and understand parabolic trajectory if you want to become good with it.  Its very good for area denial, much like grenades--no one wants to go running out when someone is spamming a crate full of grenades at the only doorway out of your position, same thing applies here.  Plus, with 20 rounds in reserve, and a magical ammo box, you won't run out anytime soon.

I've already thought some strategies up with this new weapon (it's the only 'real' new weapon, I still think they could've put a little more innovation in the unlocks, to be honest), mostly area denial.  Also good at getting guys that are hiding behind cover, if you can arc it properly.  The best part possibly is covering your own squads ass with these things--lay down a string of them, and its unlikely the enemy will follow unless they feel like getting cooked.  It could also prove lethal on titans, if you have two, three guys spamming these things down the corridor.  Since they can launch overall faster than grenades, you have a more likely chance of getting a couple shots in before you get mowed down, and clear the path for other attackers.

So, thats all I got at the moment.  I've experimented with the other unlocks, namely the Infantry Sonar for Support...christ, could we possibly give the Support class any more reasons to be overpowered?  Dystek was good, but this thing--if it doesn't get destroyed--gives you a heads up like no tomorrow on nearby infantry movement.  The wallhack complaints are going to skyrocket.  Truly, Support now has the most diverse, lethal armament of all the classes, with possibly the exception of Recon.
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6317
as long as it is not a repeat of battlefield 2 1.3 CTD patch of last year, i m down with it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard