The Magic Mullet
+240|6417
I've never really taken in American Football before, aside from playing Madden 94 on the Megadrive and watching Ace Ventura. Watched a bit of the Superbowl last night.

What a shite game.

*start clock*

"He throws the ball, INTERCEPTED!!!!"

*stop clock*

*Players celebrate*

*Ad break*

"To the playbook"

*start clock*

"He kicks..... WIDE!!!"

*stop clock*

*Players celebrate*

*Ad break*

In 30 minutes I saw 37 seconds play. How people can watch this tripe is beyond me.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6591|Cheshire. UK
In Coming !!
The Magic Mullet
+240|6417

joker3327 wrote:

In Coming !!
*someone catches*

*stop clock*

*Players celebrate*

*Ad break*

*start clock*
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6472|Trondheim, Norway
That sounds like a hell lot of fun!

seriously, is it that lame? i think I'll stick to soccer.......
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6822|Grapevine, TX
You sound like a real genius over 6,000  miles away. You have never been to one in person.  I'll let the flames that you have beckoned deal with you now.
The Magic Mullet
+240|6417

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

You sound like a real genius over 6,000  miles away. You have never been to one in person.  I'll let the flames that you have beckoned deal with you now.
Are you summoning some dark demonic PWN Overlords to argue a case 'for' American Football?
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6624|Finland

American Football (completely wrong name for it btw - should be "padded rugby" or "hand-ellipsoid") IMO, is really fun to watch. Although the plays are short, there are some serious tactics involved. No, it's not as fast-paced as hockey, or as continuous as (real) football, but good watching nevertheless.

If you think the NFL is boring, try having a look at baseball. That's about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Last edited by DonFck (2007-02-05 03:18:39)

I need around tree fiddy.
The Magic Mullet
+240|6417

DonFck wrote:

American Football (completely wrong name for it btw - should be "padded rugby" or "hand-ellipsoid") IMO, is really fun to watch. Although the plays are short, there are some serious tactics involved. No, it's not as fast-paced as hockey, or as continuous as (real) football, but good watching nevertheless.

If you think the NFL is boring, try having a look at baseball. That's about as interesting as watching paint dry.
I heard that the last person who watched a Baseball game sober murdered his entire family and 27 of his neighbours.

Is that a normal reaction to Baseball?

To be honest, i'm not against AF because i'm English and it's American, I just find it really dull. I like some foreign sports. Kabaddi, for example, is friggin brilliant.

"Kabaddi, Kabaddi, Kabaddi, Kabaddi, Kabaddi, TAGGED HIM!! Kabaddi, Kabaddi, Kabaddi, Kabaddi..."
JG1567JG
+110|6581|United States of America
For your information the clock doesn't stop after every play in American Football.  The super bowl is the worst for this because of all the commercials.  Considering that the quarters are I think 12 minutes long and you say it took 30 min to watch 37 seconds, shouldn't the super bowl still be on.

I just don't get it.  I don't get on here and bash Soccer even though I don't like it.  You know what I do when I see soccer on the T.V.?  I change the channel to something that I want to watch.  Why get on here and make a another thread that has been covered over and over on these forums.  Oh never mind you were probably looking for an argument to ensue over which is better American Football or Soccer. 

I will now leave your thread so you can get back to slamming a sport that I doubt you know the rules to and probably isn't even played in your country.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2007-02-05 03:28:34)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6624|Finland

Why you so mad?

Btw, Mullet, I apologize for derailing a bit, but I had to check Kabaddi.. wow.

I need around tree fiddy.
The Magic Mullet
+240|6417

JG1567JG wrote:

For your information the clock doesn't stop after every play in American Football.  The super bowl is the worst for this because of all the commercials.  Considering that the quarters are I think 12 minutes long and you say it took 30 min to watch 37 seconds, shouldn't the super bowl still be on.

I just don't get it.  I don't get on here and bash Soccer even though I don't like it.  You know what I do when I see soccer on the T.V.?  I change the channel to something that I want to watch.  Why get on here and make a another thread that has been covered over and over on these forums.  Oh never mind you were probably looking for an argument to ensue over which is better American Football or Soccer. 

I will now leave your thread so you can get back to slamming a sport that in no way affects you.
See the post above yours.

Don, Kabaddi for the Olympics!
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6591|Cheshire. UK

JG1567JG wrote:

I will now leave your thread so you can get back to slamming a sport that I doubt you know the rules to and probably isn't even played in your country.
At what point did he mention soccer being better the AF..??? and are you not sure how long the quarters are.... here let an englishman help you out..

A standard football game consists of four 15-minute (typically 12 minutes in high school football) quarters!!

Go derail elsewhere
The Magic Mullet
+240|6417
My Karma train just got off at the wrong station, JG ended up with some even though he whinged. I got too trigger happy.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6664|UK
Laces Out!
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6404|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Sure, it may be boring at parts, but the main reason that a lot of people watch this(apart from the plays) is in the hope that they'll see someone get brutally taken out by the opposition. Violence = Entertainment.
The Magic Mullet
+240|6417

SplinterStrike wrote:

Sure, it may be boring at parts, but the main reason that a lot of people watch this(apart from the plays) is in the hope that they'll see someone get brutally taken out by the opposition. Violence = Entertainment.
Then you need some Rugby in your life!
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6655|USA
American Football is more enjoyable to watch than soccer in my opinion. Soccer is hockey without ice. The Zidane headbutt was the greatest thing I've seen in soccer.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6512|Adelaide, South Australia

The Magic Mullet wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Then you need some Rugby in your life!
^^^^^^^^

Rugby > AF
RaVeN.sco
+15|6527|Scotland

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

American Football is more enjoyable to watch than soccer in my opinion. Soccer is hockey without ice. The Zidane headbutt was the greatest thing I've seen in soccer.
hes got a point !

mind u im scottish and we're crap at football anyway.

shinty ftw !!!! ( kinda like hocky but u swing the sticks at head height ! )
13rin
+977|6472
As opposed to what. Football Euro?

*player passes*

*player passes*

*player runs*

*player passes*

*player holds ball*

*player holds ball*

*player passes*

*player passes*

*player shoots ball*

*nope ball stolen*

*player 2 passes*

*player 2 passes*

*player 2 passes*

*yawn

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
too_money2007
+145|6301|Keller, Tx

The Magic Mullet wrote:

DonFck wrote:

I heard that the last person who watched a Baseball game sober murdered his entire family and 27 of his neighbours.

Is that a normal reaction to Baseball?

To be honest, i'm not against AF because i'm English and it's American, I just find it really dull. I like some foreign sports. Kabaddi, for example, is friggin brilliant.

"Kabaddi, Kabaddi, Kabaddi, Kabaddi, Kabaddi, TAGGED HIM!! Kabaddi, Kabaddi, Kabaddi, Kabaddi..."
Takes more skill to play baseball than to run around kicking a ball...
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6539|Doncaster, UK

The Magic Mullet wrote:

*start clock*

"He throws the ball, INTERCEPTED!!!!"

*stop clock*

*Players celebrate*

*Ad break*

"To the playbook"

*start clock*

"He kicks..... WIDE!!!"

*stop clock*

*Players celebrate*

*Ad break*

DBBrinson1 wrote:

*player passes*

*player passes*

*player runs*

*player passes*

*player holds ball*

*player holds ball*

*player passes*

*player passes*

*player shoots ball*

*nope ball stolen*

*player 2 passes*

*player 2 passes*

*player 2 passes*

*yawn
Which one of the above quotes describes a flowing game where the action isn't interupted every few seconds?

And, Rugby FTW!
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6732

RaVeN.sco wrote:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DkedUxAuyOw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DkedUxAuyOw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

hope this works
Here

RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6561|Oxford
The Magic Mullet
+240|6417

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

And, Rugby FTW!
League only, not Union.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard