Ekapah
+2|6618|Maine

Brizzzer wrote:

My whole thing I hate with any time of league gaming stems from me actually trying to get into clan to play.  I mean once I found one I realized most of them were 13 year old whiners that used cheats to win.(TWL)  As for CAL from what I hear you guys take gaming more seriously and that turns me off.  Its just how can you guys take gaming so seriously when the game was meant to be fun not job or chore.(Unless you make the games.)  the whole professional gamer thing is just a big turn off.  Thats why I won't even touch another clan or gaming league.  This is also why I am joining the army cause I don't want to spend the rest of my life in front of a damn computer or TV...
That's cool,
I understand how some people feel like it's work.  I personally don't but then again It sure did when I was on a team full of imature people.  So yeah, I completely understand where you're coming from.

GL in the army,
be careful though, a lot of jobs in the army put you infront of a computer all day.
scrabbles
+0|6291
The CAL forums is the LAST place you want to look for a well voiced crowd.

Most of the threads at least.
Ekapah
+2|6618|Maine

scrabbles wrote:

The CAL forums is the LAST place you want to look for a well voiced crowd.

Most of the threads at least.
Only forums that have ever made me want to kill myself....

And now I realize how many time's i've posted here today so I think I'm going to go get something to eat.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

Brizzzer wrote:

Even if he was doing this for his amusement.  I'm not doing it for mine.
Fight on, Christian soldier, fight on.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6603|Greenwood, IN

stryyker wrote:

Brizzzer wrote:

Christian? I'm not apart of any religion.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6763|UK
stryyker I think i have heard you say before... "stop moaning", well then i suggest you follow your advice. Even if you havent said that, stop moaning. If you dont like it dont get involved.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

Brizzzer wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Brizzzer wrote:

Its part of a song..

.. just nevermind
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6588|Your attic
I like this thread.
dynamic.Nick_Burnes
+1|6291|Canada
The real problem is that there is alot of misunderstanding and confusion on the part of the generic "pubber" or semi-competitive player.

Perfect example from about an hour ago. Some clan, Easy Company 501st Airborne Division wanted to scrim, we say sure. We rarely play Vanilla bf2, which was all they wanted to play, no problem. They wanted to play the scrim using UNLOCKS, no problem what the hell its just a scrim. We start to scrim them on karkand(16) within 20 seconds they are all dead and are being camped into their main. They then warn us that they will restart it if we camp them. Whatever, we figure these guys have never scrimed or played a match before, so we back off. We win the round 98-0. Next round we are USMC, within 45 seconds we have hotel and square, they start calling hacks and telling us how they are going to report us, whatever we laughed about it. The entire scrim we hadn't really been taking seriously as you can only play so seriously with unlocks, 15 second spawns and playing "flag by flag" captures. We win the 2nd round 85-0 or something. We play them again as USMC just for shits, while we are tking and waiting for them to restart they tell us the round is already live and we are down 30 tickets to 95, whatever, we start capping them out within 1 minute or so and they proceed to kick and ban us for hacking. After the entire thing, they also complained because several of us have 1000-2000 global score and 4.00-5.00 KDR's, nothing special for any player that has played competitively before.

Everyone who knows and plays against our team knows none of us hack or ever have, and while we couldn't care less about being called hackers by a bunch of guys who probably have never played a competitive round ever, its the principal of the thing. This isn't an uncommon problem either, we have personally run into many teams, players and clan that do the exact same thing and I know almost every other CAL team has done the same. Its not an arrogance thing, everyone is just sick of dealing with idiots that don't even know how the game works. Their entire mentality is that of score, rank and unlocks, yet at the same time many of them want to play in leagues like TWL and CAL. This is where the conflict stems from, having to play teams that don't know how the rules work, or even the game for that matter. It gets to the point where you don't want to deal with anyone unless you know them and know that they are aware of how everything works. Certainly not the best situation for either league or the teams that play in it. Not only does this separate the community but it certain personifies competition players as generic assholes and arrogant pricks, which for the MOST is untrue.

Secondly there are several loud mouthed individuals that play in TWL and CAL that really are 15 years old or so, and they completely act like it. They talk shit on every forum, during every scrim and even while pubbing. The worst part is that these players aren't even GOOD, they talk shit because they can't play the game worth a crap. Its unfortunate that people get the wrong impression from players like these and they really aren't representative of our entire community.

If you have any questions hit me up on xfire=twizlar
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6627|Washington, DC

I enjoyed CAL last year when I played in 12v12. Unfortunately I can't play competition now because my parents are dickweeds when it comes to computer usage =/
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6603|Greenwood, IN

stryyker wrote:

Brizzzer wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Its part of a song..

.. just nevermind
What song cause I want to know what you meant.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

Brizzzer wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Brizzzer wrote:

Its part of a song..

.. just nevermind
What song cause I want to know what you meant.
I fucked up the wording, but here it is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onward,_Christian_Soldiers

17 years of Catholic Church can have an effect like that
Sexy McDoomington
+0|6291

stryyker wrote:

First of all, fuck you.

Second of all, I have closer to 10,000 posts, but thanks for noticing.

I expected this to happen, and I predicted exactly what would be said. Bullshit people don't brag in real life. Bull. Shit.

There is a CAL mentality. Getswoned is a good example of that.

And Lastly, I honestly, do not care what you think of me, because this IS the internet, and it IS serious business.
OK, so having 10,000 posts makes you less of a loser? Whatever floats your boat. Second of all, the only people who brag about their clans are 12 year olds, and they rightly brag about it because when you're 12 you have nothing else to brag about. Third, Getswoned is run by CAL members, and it is meant for CAL players, so of course we are douchebags there, because most of us know each other and it is all in good fun. It is only when dickbags like you come in and flame useless shit that it gets hostile. Last, you DO care about what ppl think of you because if you didn't, you wouldn't have posted this and the plethora of defense posts that will follow.

Sexy- 2
Stryyker- 0
eagles1106
+269|6581|Marlton, New Jersey.
No need for anybody to get hostile at me, and I like you stryyker, just voicing my opinion on some points.
I used to casually play all the time, and have finally gotten myself in a clan, for the moment in TWL.  I may not have the right to talk since I've only had around 3-5 scrims/matches since I've joined, which wasn't long ago, but still.  I still say though even after playing this many matches and scrims it is so fun.  We will also be going to CAL.  Were not the best players and dont act like it.  Really, it is so damn fun.  After pubbing so long, scrims and matches are just really fun.  I cant explain much to people who wont believe me, but go pub for over 400 hours then start playing matches, it's fun.
Now, my opinion on the points.

***9. The attitude. I hang around/used to hang around with various "eleet" members of CAL and TWL. Quite frankly, every CAL player thinks that they are better than everyone else around them. Its an orgy of e-penises and lies. I browse these here forums quite regularly, and I see comments like "all CAL players own pubbers". Care? Negative. For every game there is competition in, its still just that, a game.***

Generalization.

***8. The players. Simply put, if you think you are better than every public player ever, do the world a favor and insert a 12 gauge into your mouth, and paint the walls with your brains.***

Generalization.

***7. The play style. Yelling at other people to revive you in casual gameplay, won't make them do it any faster.***

Not everybody yells, and when you do say it, it does let them know you are there.

***5. BFPro. If you want counterstrike-like gameplay, play fucking counterstrike. That seems simple enough, ya?***

It's not like CS.

***4. Your in what clan? If you tell someone on the street that you are a member of 20ID or Warchild, do you think they would care? Personally, if someone said that to me, I would kick them in the balls and then throw them through a window.***

Most people dont talk about this stuff outside of the computer or to people who wont know what theyre talking about.

***2. Whats a girl? I most guarantee that your involvement with competitive gameplay will NOT get you laid/married/hooked up. I went to a BF2 event some time ago, it was a gigantic (and probably small and shriveled) Sausage fest. There was only one hot chick there, but she was being paid to sell things. ***

I thought this may have been true until the clan I'm in at the moment.  At the moment, 3 out of our 5 members have GF's.  Two of our members were talking before and one of them had to leave because "presence from his GF" was requested.  Other members asked if she was hot.  Conversation went on a bit longer until he showed us a picture.  Ill say this, she was WAY over expectation for somebody like a gamer to have, according to your description that a gamer will not have relationships.

***1. There is one thing worse than Cyberathletes, though. Xbox live. Anyone that has played Halo 2 on Live knows this. Oh, and reuther. He sucks too.***

True.

EDIT*  If this was a joke, w/e, Im still leaving this hear to anybody who did agree.

Last edited by eagles1106 (2007-02-02 14:36:53)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

Sexy McDoomington wrote:

stryyker wrote:

First of all, fuck you.

Second of all, I have closer to 10,000 posts, but thanks for noticing.

I expected this to happen, and I predicted exactly what would be said. Bullshit people don't brag in real life. Bull. Shit.

There is a CAL mentality. Getswoned is a good example of that.

And Lastly, I honestly, do not care what you think of me, because this IS the internet, and it IS serious business.
OK, so having 10,000 posts makes you less of a loser? Whatever floats your boat. Second of all, the only people who brag about their clans are 12 year olds, and they rightly brag about it because when you're 12 you have nothing else to brag about. Third, Getswoned is run by CAL members, and it is meant for CAL players, so of course we are douchebags there, because most of us know each other and it is all in good fun. It is only when dickbags like you come in and flame useless shit that it gets hostile. Last, you DO care about what ppl think of you because if you didn't, you wouldn't have posted this and the plethora of defense posts that will follow.

Sexy- 2
Stryyker- 0
You should read the rest of the posts before this.

I made this thread to get me through my Computers class, as in It was a joke

So go ahead and make a jackass of yourself some more by not reading.
Jolz
+1|6578
Free Jeret!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

Jolz wrote:

Free Jeret!
No!

He's still a cunt.
CAL|JoshL
+0|6607
If anyone is interested in hearing more about CAL & what competition is, then hit me up on IRC @ #caleague-bf2

or my xfire: coyotezeye

& Yes Free Jeret
CAL|JoshL
+0|6607

stryyker wrote:

Jolz wrote:

Free Jeret!
No!

He's still a cunt.
And why is this allowed? Yet Jeret is banned?
Honestly kid you should really watch your language.
Ekapah
+2|6618|Maine

stryyker wrote:

Jolz wrote:

Free Jeret!
No!

He's still a cunt.
Yeah he is, still free him pls
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

CAL|JoshL wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Jolz wrote:

Free Jeret!
No!

He's still a cunt.
And why is this allowed? Yet Jeret is banned?
Honestly kid you should really watch your language.
Fuck shit ass cunt penis cock balls bitch bastard

and Jeret is banned, because he made a thread saying that I should kill myself. And then he proceeded to insult an admin until the hammer fell.
CAL|JoshL
+0|6607
How is that a threat? He didnt say he was going to kill you... that would be a threat.

But seriously.. how old are you 12? That would explain alot. Dont worry kid, some day you might be able to get a girl. But you first have to mature a bit.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

CAL|JoshL wrote:

How is that a threat? He didnt say he was going to kill you... that would be a threat.

But seriously.. how old are you 12? That would explain alot. Dont worry kid, some day you might be able to get a girl. But you first have to mature a bit.
i am 12 on the internet, 17 in real life.

On the internet, i dont have a gf
but in real life, I do.

I would be with her, if i wasnt in school.

And in closing, arguing with you is like calling for a dog that has no legs, nothing comes of it. Go back to the CAL forums where you belong, and leave me to my business here. Thanks and good day to you.

If you have any extra problems please feel free to PM me or talk to a moderator, if you think my "language" is wrong.
[R]age^B-HeKtiC^
You like that, biatch!?
+25|6801|Uk
stryyker your attempt to bash and insult the cal community has failed, jokes = funny. this post = lame.

Tell me, when you are with friends or people you know quite well, do you feel? comfortable enough to make jokes at there expense and insult them for laughs? i'm sure the answer to this is yes, because everybody does, and so do the people over at cal.

The fact that you think there is a large margin of pathetic difference between gamers putting hours in to a game for entertainment and you putting hours into a forums for entertainment is a joke.

stryyker your ignorance is bliss, maybe you need to find your self a team and play with us and get to know us, maybe then you will see the large difference in skill level, and how fun the game can be, maybe you will also see that we are not the problem, and infact you as a community is, the only time you are mentioned in our community is when a stupid post like this is made, yet you seem to persist to make them and bash us for reasons that are as stupid as: WE INSULT EACH OTHER ON OUR COMMUNITY FORUMS, dont fucking read them if you dont like them.

i didnt wanna post here and stoop to your level, but i couldnt help my self, i needed to tell you that your opinions of us are wrong, take the time to know us, or leave us along, dont watch our community forums wishing that you  can be part of them, dont be scared if you want to then join in with us then get your clan into cal and be part of our community, watching it is kinda sad if you ask me

Last edited by [R]age^B-HeKtiC^ (2007-02-02 15:08:57)

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6646
Stryyker>Cunts

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard