misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6403|Indianapolis, IN
Nice vent mate!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6727|California

SargeV1.4 wrote:

When people have a reason why they can be 'the man', they're going to do it. Yes, lots of the best players who play in tournaments are very full of themselves. Isn't that just a kind of person in general? you cannot associate tournament players with arrogant people - the silent majority is there, the vocal minority gets the attention.
I've seen competitions change people. Like, big changes. But for the most part your right

BFpro makes adjustments to this game to remove luck, and increase fairness. I think you don't like it because it's associated with said tournaments and it's got "pro" in its name.
No, i dont like it because its counterstrike.

gaming for a career is plain retarded, people who say they're going to do it are making an example of a very few select people who have succeeded. Out of the thousands of 'professional' players out there, only a few earn enough to live on. It's not stupid to pursue a 'career' in gaming, but it is if you actually want to do it instead of a real job, not to mention skip school/college to do so.
Spending your time playing a game makes you a failure in my eyes. But heres the pinch. Someone can play as much as they want, as long as they do something else with their lives. Like in my case, I play alot, but I also have school and a full time job to do.

so, let's recap here: points 9, 8 ,6 , and 4 are down to the fact that achieving something lets players give themselves (and others who are like them) a reason to act like the alpha male.
Define achievement.

yes, anything beyond casual gaming is still geeks' terrain. There might be a few exceptions, but the majority of them, as you said, are never going to get laid.
giggidy.

I do not see anything wrong with wanting to play games in an organised and competitive way, to practice and to want to get better. But I do think that taking time out of normal life to go further in gaming is going too far. Playing against and with the best is an incredible experience, especially at large events. It's worth it, if you're into it. But unfortunately, there are plenty of idiots out there - don't let them spoil it.
Idiots control gaming. Thats the sad part of that. But lets take BF2 for example. Blackhawk - useless
Des.Kmal
+917|6625|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

stryyker wrote:

Spending your time playing a game makes you a failure in my eyes. But heres the pinch. Someone can play as much as they want, as long as they do something else with their lives. Like in my case, I play alot, but I also have school and a full time job to do.
STrYYKer Colonel 

Total      1025:37:04

can i get a lol

now im not dissing you stryyker because i dont know u in RL, but.... lol

look., here is my point from my first post without all the fucks:

let people do what they want to over the internet, if they wanna have no life, oh well; if they dont want to get laid, oh well. etc, etc, etc.

just dont worry about them.

Last edited by Des.Kmal (2007-02-02 12:21:57)

Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
link52787
+29|6528
lol 

QFT Stryyker, totally agree
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6727|California

Des.Kmal wrote:

stryyker wrote:

STrYYKer Colonel 

can i get a lol

let people do what they want to over the internet, if they wanna have no life, oh well; if they dont want to get laid, oh well. etc, etc, etc.

I work 1 am to 6 am every day. Then I go to school from 7 to 3. So the time between 3 and 9 is my free time, before i catch some shuteye and do it again the next day.

Its the culture, my good sir. This country (US and A) needs the children to be successful. This post is directed at children, betwixt the ages of 12 and 21, that do NOTHING but games. They dont go out with friends, they dont vote, they dont help to stimulate the economy. They just mooch off their parents. So this post is infact aggravated venting, because I just had the shittiest 2 weeks of my life.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6660
I've played CS for a few years, saw the better side of it. I found a great server a few weeks after I started with great admins, and lots of regulars. CS was great. But having played CS for all that time, I can honestly say that BF2pro is not CS. An increase in accuracy doesn't make it more like CS. Guns in counter-strike are very unnacurate untill you learn to control them. in BF2pro they're just accurate. BF2pro also adjusts other things like spawn points, less TV guided missles on choppers so a team has to work together to keep the enemy chopper down. Overall it improves the game, and infantry is still the same: you go prone, you shoot. CS is still very, very different.

Achieving something in this case would mean: winning leagues, tournaments, ladders, etc. I'll rephrase that sentence from my last post:

so, let's recap here: points 9, 8 ,6 , and 4 are down to the fact that winning something that in their eyes is a real achievement lets players give themselves (and others who are like them) a reason to act like the alpha male.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6727|California

SargeV1.4 wrote:

I've played CS for a few years, saw the better side of it. I found a great server a few weeks after I started with great admins, and lots of regulars. CS was great. But having played CS for all that time, I can honestly say that BF2pro is not CS. An increase in accuracy doesn't make it more like CS. Guns in counter-strike are very unnacurate untill you learn to control them. in BF2pro they're just accurate. BF2pro also adjusts other things like spawn points, less TV guided missles on choppers so a team has to work together to keep the enemy chopper down. Overall it improves the game, and infantry is still the same: you go prone, you shoot. CS is still very, very different.

Achieving something in this case would mean: winning leagues, tournaments, ladders, etc. I'll rephrase that sentence from my last post:

so, let's recap here: points 9, 8 ,6 , and 4 are down to the fact that winning something that in their eyes is a real achievement lets players give themselves (and others who are like them) a reason to act like the alpha male.
Just out of curiosity, which CS did you play? WON network or Steam

and yes, the rephrase helped me to understand more of what you were talking about, and i agree.
Sexy McDoomington
+0|6301
Funny how this is my first post, but I had to register when I read this kind of crap. I have been in the CAL community for about a year now, so I have a pretty good idea of how things go. My conclusion, Stryyker, is that you are either a CAL reject, whether your team got beaten too many times and quit or you got the 8< from some team. I can already hear your response: "Oh god, here's that CAL mentality I was talking about!" In reality, there is no "CAL mentality", you were probably just a dick in the CAL forums and got ran out or something.

Also, it's funny how you rag on competitive play, when in reality competitive play is what keeps many games alive. Counterstrike, Tribes, Call of Duty 1...all games that have been out in some cases since the late '90s, yet CS 1.6 is still one of the most popular games ever. Competitive play has a lot do to with games lasting so long.

I like how you compare BFPro to CS, when this is probably the single dumbest analogy I have ever seen. Maybe you should, I dunno, play the mod before you go on a rant about how stupid it is. Please...

Furthermore, with the exception of LAN parties, no one brags about their gaming clan in real life.

And lastly, you have 1,368 posts on the BF2s forums. Maybe you should stop making posts about gamers who have no life, and go get a "REAL LIFE" yourself. Quit trolling the forums and do something productive.

And feel free to flame this all you want, because I probably won't come back here to read this sort of crap again, CAL reject.

Much love,
Sexy McD
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6698|Devon, England

stryyker wrote:

This post is directed at children, betwixt the ages of 12 and 21, that do NOTHING but games. They dont go out with friends, they dont vote, they dont help to stimulate the economy.
Uhh...

Last edited by FFLink13 (2007-02-02 12:32:02)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6714|67.222.138.85
You just generalized the entire competitive community as you complain about them generalizing about pubbers.
Simon
basically
+838|6665|UK
I love CS but I suck at it
Simon
basically
+838|6665|UK

Sexy McDoomington wrote:

Funny how this is my first post, but I had to register when I read this kind of crap. I have been in the CAL community for about a year now, so I have a pretty good idea of how things go. My conclusion, Stryyker, is that you are either a CAL reject, whether your team got beaten too many times and quit or you got the 8< from some team. I can already hear your response: "Oh god, here's that CAL mentality I was talking about!" In reality, there is no "CAL mentality", you were probably just a dick in the CAL forums and got ran out or something.
I lol'd
Des.Kmal
+917|6625|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

stryyker wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

stryyker wrote:

STrYYKer Colonel 

can i get a lol

I work 1 am to 6 am every day. Then I go to school from 7 to 3. So the time between 3 and 9 is my free time, before i catch some shuteye and do it again the next day.

Its the culture, my good sir. This country (US and A) needs the children to be successful. This post is directed at children, betwixt the ages of 12 and 21, that do NOTHING but games. They dont go out with friends, they dont vote, they dont help to stimulate the economy. They just mooch off their parents. So this post is infact aggravated venting, because I just had the shittiest 2 weeks of my life.
wtf, u have a night job? wow.

how old are you?
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6660

stryyker wrote:

Just out of curiosity, which CS did you play? WON network or Steam

and yes, the rephrase helped me to understand more of what you were talking about, and i agree.
I played on WON for 1 and a half years, before 1.6 came along. Steam was horrific in the beginning, so I left and later started playing Delta Force: Task Force Dagger (of all games!)

1.5 was fun, desktop to ingame time was about 45 minutes. Those were the days but still, it's better than most games now.
Jeret03
+2|6638
ROFL wow, in making this post, you sir are the asshole.  I don't remember ANY posts about "bf2s is gay because" .  If you don't like competition then don't play, plain and simple.  Sure alot of people have egos and talk shit, but most of it is actually just for fun.  If you do actually know most of the people they are quite good people and fun to hang around. 

This is actually my first season of CAL and I love it.  I'm naturally competitive and I enjoy the competition over there.  Sure I still pub and I enjoy doing it but it gets old after a while doing the same thing round after round.  Competition is totally different.  You have all kinds of different strategies, diff playstyles & diff skill levels. It's ALL about teamwork and how well you can coordinate every piece of the puzzle at the right times.  Teamwork > Individual talent, this has been proven many times. 

So for all you you just saying you agree, hop off the bandwagon and have your own opinion.

stryyker wrote:

10. The term "Cyber Athlete" is a paradox in my mind. It tells me that useless fucks who didn't get picked in 4th grade for dodge ball, went crying to the internet, which gave them support in some strange way. Sure there's money involved, but that is so far up the ladder, that most teams/players will never see anything more than the cost of electricity per month.
Who said we are in it for money?  Also, please don't be stupid, the same "you're a nerd" comments can be used right back at you, forum hero.

9. The attitude. I hang around/used to hang around with various "eleet" members of CAL and TWL. Quite frankly, every CAL player thinks that they are better than everyone else around them. Its an orgy of e-penises and lies. I browse these here forums quite regularly, and I see comments like "all CAL players own pubbers". Care? Negative. For every game there is competition in, its still just that, a game.
You can always find a select few phags that talk serious shit, this obviously happens here too, gj.

8. The players. Simply put, if you think you are better than every public player ever, do the world a favor and insert a 12 gauge into your mouth, and paint the walls with your brains.
I think this one should actually be combined with 9 as the only thing you listed is attitude, good one.

7. The play style. Yelling at other people to revive you in casual gameplay, won't make them do it any faster. LOL what?  Care to explain this one?  How is this in any way relevent to playstyle?

6. GetSwoned. Oh my god. Its a nightmare.

[ROM wrote:

Punch]BF2 had SOO much potential when it was first made. If EA wasn't so damn stupid and lazy, it could have lasted a lot more competition wise. BFPro saved Season 4, and custom maps are saving Season 5. If the game was patched right, and EA listened to people other than just pubbers, BF2 could have lasted 20 seasons.
Thats the mentality of this website. Everyone blame your problems on everyone else. EA didnt even make the game, stupid cunts. And the game was made for fun, not competition.
LOL once again great job at taking one player's thoughts and applying them to the whole community.

5. BFPro. If you want counterstrike-like gameplay, play fucking counterstrike. That seems simple enough, ya?
CS style gameplay?  You care to be more specific?  Last time I checked, bf2pro increased accuracy on rifles to make them more realistic(like everyone getting a g36e).  Ohh you must mean the fact that nades were reduced to 3 instead of 4.  Ohh wait maybe it was the different spawn locations.  It all makes sense now.
4. Your in what clan? If you tell someone on the street that you are a member of 20ID or Warchild, do you think they would care? Personally, if someone said that to me, I would kick them in the balls and then throw them through a window.
I wouldn't see you on the street to kick you in the balls sadly, you would be inside trolling forums.

3. Are you going to do it for a career? I know people that have spend multiples of THOUSANDS of hours on this shit. Hell, even getting banned for hacking doesn't deter some of them. When this whole thing doesn't work out for you, I hope you feel like an ass for spending years of your life trying to impress the internet.
Right, and I'm in this for a career.  I shouldn't even have to respond to how stupid you are.....but it's fun.  Years of my life impressing the internet.........nope......sorry.......you're stupid again.  Getting banned for a hacking doesn't deter alot of hackers in pub games or competition.  Once again you are stupid.

2. Whats a girl? I most guarantee that your involvement with competitive gameplay will NOT get you laid/married/hooked up. I went to a BF2 event some time ago, it was a gigantic (and probably small and shriveled) Sausage fest. There was only one hot chick there, but she was being paid to sell things. Well considering that most gamers are guys how could you not expect mainly male players at a LAN?
[b]Are you that dense?  And once again your point makes no sense here as 1/2 of the people in my clan are married, sorry your life partner doesn't count.

1. There is one thing worse than Cyberathletes, though. Xbox live. Anyone that has played Halo 2 on Live knows this. Oh, and reuther. He sucks too.

And for the eventual CAL members of these here forums, dont try and defend your "honor", it will make you look more like a jackass.
Please don't forget you could repost just about every one of these points to make fun of gamers in general (which includes you).

Last edited by Jeret03 (2007-02-02 12:39:57)

smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6638|USA
What started this mad rant?  Did i miss something cause I have no idea what he is talking about?
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6525|USA
i got in an arguement with a few 'competative players'  about it too.  pretty lame if you ask me.  +1
c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core
+100|6567|laguna beach, ca
you're describing a few e-drama specialty teams in cal-m.  the rest of us are here for fun.

but there is a reason that when a team of CAL-m guys load into a server, they are the top 4 or 5 on each side of the scoreboard.  it's not an accident.
l41e
+677|6655

Des.Kmal wrote:

Wow stryyker, youre taking this a little bit too fucking seriously. For fucks sake dude, who gives a FLYING FUCK if someone says theyre an athlete over the internet? I sure as fuck dont, neither should you. This was by far the dumbest post you have made.

No, im not in cal, i am in twl, and its funner (not a word, dont give a shit) than "pubbing"

Yes, i hate the people who are like, "OMG IM SO FU(KING LEETZ0RZ!!!!11" its fucking annoying, ignore them.

Yes, "YOU GOT SWOONED!!!!" is also fucking annoying. someone says it in my squad, i tell them to stop, its dumb, they keep on, i kick them or leave. its very fucking simple.

Not that i care stryyker, this was dumb as fuck, and take your own advice, dont take the internet so seriously. ffs
Speaking of "taking the Internet too seriously"...you said "fuck" about 50 times then said "it pissed me off". So you can take it seriously and shake it off with a sentence. But stryyker can't. Logic = not there.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6727|California

FFLink13 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

This post is directed at children, betwixt the ages of 12 and 21, that do NOTHING but games. They dont go out with friends, they dont vote, they dont help to stimulate the economy.
Uhh...
18-21 is in the category of 12-21 is it not?

Sexy McDoomington wrote:

Also, it's funny how you rag on competitive play, when in reality competitive play is what keeps many games alive. Counterstrike, Tribes, Call of Duty 1...all games that have been out in some cases since the late '90s, yet CS 1.6 is still one of the most popular games ever. Competitive play has a lot do to with games lasting so long.

I like how you compare BFPro to CS, when this is probably the single dumbest analogy I have ever seen. Maybe you should, I dunno, play the mod before you go on a rant about how stupid it is. Please...

Furthermore, with the exception of LAN parties, no one brags about their gaming clan in real life.

And lastly, you have 1,368 posts on the BF2s forums. Maybe you should stop making posts about gamers who have no life, and go get a "REAL LIFE" yourself. Quit trolling the forums and do something productive.

And feel free to flame this all you want, because I probably won't come back here to read this sort of crap again, CAL reject.

Much love,
Sexy McD
First of all, fuck you.

Second of all, I have closer to 10,000 posts, but thanks for noticing.

I expected this to happen, and I predicted exactly what would be said. Bullshit people dont brag in real life. Bull. Shit.

There is a CAL mentality. Getswoned is a good example of that.

And Lastly, I honestly, do not care what you think of me, because this IS the internet, and it IS serious business.

smtt686 wrote:

What started this mad rant?  Did i miss something cause I have no idea what he is talking about?
I killed someone, and was almost charged with Murder one. Seems like a base enough to have some things to vent.

Last edited by stryyker (2007-02-02 12:39:45)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6660
meh I've said my part of the arguement and stryyker made sense in the end.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6630|Camp XRay

I r cyberathlete
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Jeret03
+2|6638
ROFL get a life stryyker.  "I knew people would come here and point out I'm a dumbass so it doesn't matter".  "I have a job and stuffs so I'm above everyone else because no one else works".  " I like to call people losers when I troll forums and have around 10,000 posts and over 1,000 hours in game".  "I do all of that inbetween partying, being cool, working, & getting picked first in dodgeball"
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6727|California

Jeret03 wrote:

ROFL get a life stryyker.  "I knew people would come here and point out I'm a dumbass so it doesn't matter".  "I have a job and stuffs so I'm above everyone else because no one else works".  " I like to call people losers when I troll forums and have around 10,000 posts and over 1,000 hours in game".  "I do all of that inbetween partying, being cool, working, & getting picked first in dodgeball"
Who are you?
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6529
jeret is a baddie

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard