Parker
isteal
+1,452|6365|The Gem Saloon
another....liner lock 8" overall. acrylic handle and backspine, fileworked blade and clip. made for a woman, thats why it looks a little girly.

https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/287_8731.jpg
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
looks good, shame about the screws being visible.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6753|The Hague, Holland
A real craftsman at work!
I applaud you!

Btw I love your sig <3
Parker
isteal

Vilham wrote:

looks good, shame about the screws being visible.
ive tried to think of ways to resolve this issue for liner locks......liner locks and frame locks need screws as opposed to pins like used in lock backs and slipjoints. the only solution i have thought of for screws is only using epoxy to hold down the handles. while i trust 2 ton epoxy, i dont trust it that much so for now it will have to work.
Parker
isteal
new filework....not sure if i like it, and its still a little choppy, cause its the first time ive tried it.....

https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/234_3489.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Hardly appropriate talking about knives today after what happened to Knightnifer's friend.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=63016
Just saying...
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Parker
isteal
i am sorry for his loss, however i did not make the knife that was used, and my knives are not made with the intention of hurting someone. well, some are but definitly not any that are posted here.
if someones friend had died in a car accident, and a thread about cars was posted in, would that be approriate?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6539|Mountains of NC

Hey Parker : I pmed you a while back bc I definitely want to buy 1 of your knives and you said you were slammed bc of x-mas, well just wondering if you can squeeze me in for 1 of your knives - love to have 1
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Archer
rapes face
+161|6394|Canuckistan

Ty wrote:

Hardly appropriate talking about knives today after what happened to Knightnifer's friend.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=63016
Just saying...
Don't blame the instrument, blame the user.

Quality craftmanship there, Parker. You're quite skilled.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

SEREMAKER wrote:

Hey Parker : I pmed you a while back bc I definitely want to buy 1 of your knives and you said you were slammed bc of x-mas, well just wondering if you can squeeze me in for 1 of your knives - love to have 1
I intend to buy too.
Parker
isteal
seremaker, check your pms when you get a chance.
Parker
isteal
two of my entry level, everyday carry pieces. both frame lock AUS8 stainless, acrylic handles with filework.

https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/smallknifepair.jpg
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6609|Montreal, Qc, Canada
man you serosly make some AWESOME knife !!!!!! can you PM me to tell me how much they cost ???? thx dude and +1 to you for the amazing job
Parker
isteal
check your pms.
Parker
isteal
some filework i did for a knife thats being auctioned off for my clan.....brand new work, hence the metal flakes and paper towel strings all over the place..
https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/uzi031.jpg
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

I like.
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6440

T4rd wrote:

Looks pretty damn sweet!  I think it would look better if it had some bad-ass tribal symbol on it somewhere, like on the blade.  I like that kinda stuff (cept for tattoos).
a symbol somewhere on the ivory would be baller. maybe some sort of S because of the s spine
Parker
isteal
i like the idea of the S design on the handle to match the filework on the blade/backspine.
if this pattern goes over well, and i auction another that pattern will be specific to the clan im in.....kind of a cool idea from my wife, but it limits my patterns i can use...lol
BVC
+325|6666
Those are some nice knives!  Bloody nice work!
Parker
isteal
thanks man.
its always nice to hear good things about the work you do.
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6672|Little Rock, Arkansas
Parker, how do you sell these beauties? Do you have a website? And if not, want one?

Acutally, and in all seriousness, do you, or would you, consider selling through AG Russel? AG sells lots of unique custom knives, and he gives a great law enforcement discount. Not to mention, he's a really cool guy, I've bought a couple of knives from him.

And while we're at it, have you ever worked with any damascus steels? I gave my dad a boker pocket folder for Christmas a couple of years ago with a beautiful damascus blade, but he's used the sucker so much, it's coming time for its retirement and a new beauty to be introduced.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6250
Parker, that is some damn fine stuff. Got me considering talking to a friend who's husband used to work for Benchmade, see if I can't get some time on his grinding equipment to re-create a piece of mine that got ganked years ago.
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6599|Muenster, Germany
You find me impressed of the fileworks, but the rest of the knives looks good, too.
You earn a +1
Parker
isteal
@ blistering silence-my website isnt up yet, im still in the process of taking the million photos its going to take for the site to look nice. right now, i basically sell to people in stl that hear about me. im a member at a few shooting ranges that carry my knives, and some outdoors places also. between that, word of mouth and my business cards, im almost always busy......but im hyped for when i complete the website. i am familiar with Russel, a couple of my mentors sell through him....ive looked into that, and have decided that if my sales ever start struggling that is probably what i will do.
about the damascus......on page four of this thread there is a picture of one of my damascus knives. its a pressure folder, with checkerboard blade and bolsters (1095 and nickel), the handles are mammoth ivory (around 25million years old), but i didnt do any filework.....that sucker was expensive enough. about your fathers, i may have a solution for you......if there is any way to get the blade off the body do it.....if not, tape the body and protect it as much as possible.....get some white vinegar and pour it into a glass deep enough for the entire blade to sit in and wide enough for your hand to move around. take the blade and let it sit in the vinegar for 2 minutes....take it out and look at the etch, if its not good, try agian....just dont leave it sit for too long.

@hunterofskulls-thanks man.....and you are lucky to have such resources. if you ever wind up grinding that out and need some help with heat treatment or whatever let me know.....either way if you do it, post some pics so i can see.

----------------------------------

it turns out my work has excelled more than i thought.....a couple weeks ago i was contacted by three Mastersmiths about doint a collaboration blade. its going to be a veterans day knife that will be done in november......im the third person in line to recieve it.....the first person forges and shapes the knife, the second person grinds and heat treats, the third person (ME!) does the handles, any embellishments (my filiework) and putting the cutting edge on, the fourth person makes the sheath.............not trying to brag, just proud of myself.....ill post pics when it comes to me......ffffaaaarrrrr from now.
confused
+10|6364|British Columbia

Parker wrote:

ok so i just finished a new knife for a customer, and since i get everyones opinion on everything else around here, can you guys tell me what you think?

it is an automatic, with a button action. pearl acrylic handles, 8 inches overall length, just shy of four inches of blade. very, very sharp edge, with filework on the bladespine. any comments welcome, thanks for looking.
You do some nice work.  Am I crazy or does that blade face out when closed?  I was thinking that I'd have to hold the inside of the curve in my palm to open and that wouldn't be comfortable.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard