HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6391|Inside the AR Rockets.
Just got this E-mail, seems like a really good idea, I'm going to participate, you should too.

The 1st of February 2007:
>
>
>
>Participate in the biggest mobilization of Citizens Against Global
Warming!
>
>
>
>The Alliance for the Planet [a group of environmental associations] is
>calling on all citizens to create 5 minutes of electrical rest for the
>planet. http://www.lalliance.fr
>
>
>
>People all over the world should turn off their lights and electrical
>appliances on the first of February 2007, between 1.55 pm and 2.00 pm
in
>New York, 18.55 for London, and 19.55 for Paris, Bruxelles, and Italy.
>1.55pm in Ottawa, 10.55am on the Pacific Coast of North America.
>
>
>
>This is not just about saving 5 minutes worth of electricity; this is
about
>getting the attention of the media, politicians, and ourselves.
>
>
>
>Five minutes of electrical down time for the planet: this does not
take
>long, and costs nothing, and will show all political leaders that
global
>warming is an issue that needs to come first and foremost in political
>debate.
>
>
>
>Why February 1? This is the day when the new UN report on global
climate
>change will come out in Paris.
>
>
>
>This event affects us all, involves us all, and provides an occasion
to
>show how important an issue global warming is to us. If we all
participate,
>this action can have real media and political weight.
>
>
>
>Please circulate this call to your utmost ability to your network.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6707|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Yeah, lets go tell this to the schools!

/sarcasm
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6775|San Antonio, Texas
Can we burn trees as light for those five minutes?
el capitan
+11|6546
Yeah. I'm not going to stop playing BF2. I'm addicted.
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
Wow. No fucking wonder the worlds screwed, based on the 3 posts here.

Go and download lives you faggots and unhook yourselfs from your computers.

Last edited by HUNDaemon (2007-01-30 21:00:56)

Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6490|Foothills of S. Carolina

What if I am in the middle of repairing a piece of equipment, or better yet, driving down the highway? Should I just stop where I am at for the 5 minutes? Will any accidents be covered by the creator of this plan?

I just had a better thought, maybe we can get them to shut down all the nuclear power stations for those five minutes. I bet that would help.

Last edited by Canin (2007-01-30 21:04:00)

acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6707|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

HUNDaemon wrote:

1) I do have a life.
2) I'm not hooked to my computer. Just because I post a bit of sarcasm doesn't mean you have to be a prick.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6756

How about no.

If I want to help then I will do it my own way.
Just because a Group says so doesnt mean we have to follow them.
And why do you think Flaming us is going to make us do what you say.

Fuck you.
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"

Jestar12345 wrote:

How about no.

Fuck you.
Nah, you'll do plenty of self fucking based on your attitude.

I hope I die accidentally before I roast in CO2 with you fuckers.
Volatile
+252|6719|Sextupling in Empire

*Stares at Jestars sig, falls to floor, seizure.*
Jestar
+373|6756

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

*Stares at Jestars sig, falls to floor, seizure.*
/evilseizurelaugh
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6710|Mountains of West Virginia
Well I for one will do this. Will it work maybe, maybe not but its worth a shot.

My view on global warming? It may or may not be a real problem. But it wont hurt to try right? If it does pan out to be true it we will be patting our backs. If not oh well. Its better to be safe thats all I say.
Jestar
+373|6756

Double Post?

And I was actually considering it myself, up unitl the point where he called us faggots.
gun.KingRat
+12|6705
I'll light a drum of oil on fire and roast a baby seal.  Seriously, you know global warming is a joke right?
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6586|USA

HUNDaemon wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

How about no.

Fuck you.

you've been watching too much al gore.

sure global warming is a problem though.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6585|Portland, OR, USA

gun.KingRat wrote:

I'll light a drum of oil on fire and roast a baby seal.  Seriously, you know global warming is a joke right?
How the hell do you, Mr. Well Informed "KingRat"  Know?  Because you believe everything your government tells you.  "Well shoot Brandeen, if they say Oswald did it then he did it!"  So what happens if it's not a joke?  Oh well, then we're fucked! too bad..

It all makes perfect sense, with the amount of shit pumped into the atmosphere every day I'm surprised we're not any worse off.
link52787
+29|6537
Sigh, why can't people just give up on this global warming issue? 
I'm not denying the fact that it is a problem but most of the world don't care. 
I'm not saying that there are no people in the world that really care about the environment.

Its fruitless to pursue it.  Do you think the world will give up the use of crude oil?  Do you honestly think that a lot of people will pay attention and not use electricity, even for a lousy five minuets?

Its not going to get attention but hell, I'll do it, its only five minuets anyways.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6502|Melbourne

What time would this be in AUS?
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6420|North Carolina

HUNDaemon wrote:

Just got this E-mail, seems like a really good idea, I'm going to participate, you should too.

The 1st of February 2007:
>
>
>
>Participate in the biggest mobilization of Citizens Against Global
Warming!
>
>
>
>The Alliance for the Planet [a group of environmental associations] is
>calling on all citizens to create 5 minutes of electrical rest for the
>planet. http://www.lalliance.fr
>
>
>
>People all over the world should turn off their lights and electrical
>appliances on the first of February 2007, between 1.55 pm and 2.00 pm
in
>New York, 18.55 for London, and 19.55 for Paris, Bruxelles, and Italy.
>1.55pm in Ottawa, 10.55am on the Pacific Coast of North America.
>
>
>
>This is not just about saving 5 minutes worth of electricity; this is
about
>getting the attention of the media, politicians, and ourselves.
>
>
>
>Five minutes of electrical down time for the planet: this does not
take
>long, and costs nothing, and will show all political leaders that
global
>warming is an issue that needs to come first and foremost in political
>debate.
>
>
>
>Why February 1? This is the day when the new UN report on global
climate
>change will come out in Paris.
>
>
>
>This event affects us all, involves us all, and provides an occasion
to
>show how important an issue global warming is to us. If we all
participate,
>this action can have real media and political weight.
>
>
>
>Please circulate this call to your utmost ability to your network.
Your heart is in the right place, but your mind is confused.

I realize the impending doom that global warming presents to our future, and I understand what it will take to slow it.  However, such efforts as this can be better spent collectively towards lobbying for economic reform.  In other words, join a political action group that focuses on global warming.  Do what you can to inform people about global warming and encourage them to investigate the matter on their own time.  Support politicians that actually give a damn about this issue.

Those are all more productive than following instructions from a chain letter.

If nothing else, just make a lifestyle out of consuming less electricity.

Last edited by Turquoise (2007-01-30 21:34:15)

mattrsch
Yeah, that thing I said
+18|6649|Ames, IA
Maybe I can convince my boss to shut down the washing machine plant for 5 minutes!  only $50,000 in lost revenue!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6787|PNW

Actually, I am wondering how much food will spoil in the homes of people who participate in something like this, if it turns into a day's event or longer.

HUNDaemon wrote:

...says the man posting on a video game forum. Much umph your silly little insult has here, bub.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-30 21:43:25)

mattrsch
Yeah, that thing I said
+18|6649|Ames, IA
Do your part to save energy:

Go to your breaker panel and find the biggest breaker in the box (usually on top) and flip it off
seriously.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6671|UK
i am not sure those guys on life support machines would want this to happen, just a little thought, anyway who gives a shit about the planet, England's fucking cold as it is could do with getting warmer... here is another idea why don't we shoot cows, as they produce much of the planets smelly bum gas otherwise known as methane, oh and why we are at it, why don't we charge ppl who drive fuck off great big 4x4s more money to park out side there own houses, because they guzzle more gas, to me that seems a contradiction, HOW THE FUCK DO THEY USE MORE GAS WHEN THEY ARE PARKED. things i care about in this life are 1 eating 2 football 3 gaming 4 getting laid 5 drinking... not in any order and i am going to continue to do this as much as possible why i am here, but i guess it wont hurt  to do it lol
imortal
+240|6680|Austin, TX

HUNDaemon wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

How about no.

Fuck you.

...and we can thank the modern educational system for people like this.

I will say this one more time.  Global warming as it is spread by these alarmist groups is junk science.  It is so full of holes it is not even funny anymore, but any scientist that tries to refute it gets yelled down and refused funding.

I have a couple of questions.
First, Global Warming is based on the fact that the earth is being heated by our population warmer than it should be.  The question is, how warm should it be?  Humans have only been keeping written history for about 6000 years now, on a world that is over 3 billion years old.  The dinosaurs were wiped out over 176 million years ago. 

The earth runs on a cycle.  To suppose that the way the earth was 20, 50, or 200 years ago is "the way it is supposed to be" is the height of arrogance.  The earth is currently still recovering from the ice age 30,000 years ago!  That means it will get even warmer.  It is not a disaster that global warming is happening, it is the cycle of the planet.  There is a history of plants and farms on Greenland.  Greenland, in case anyones geography is failing them, is ice-locked currently, yet there is a history of there having plants and animals living there. 

Oh, something else these people overlook is astronomy.  As in the Sun.  Our sun is getting hotter as it gets older.  Currently, the sun gets 10% hotter each 10 million years or so.  That makes a difference.

Another astronomy fact is that the earth wobbles on its axis.  The moon makes the earth much more stable than the earth would be without it, but the earth has, in the past, and continues to 'wobble'.  A change of just 1/2 of a degree can change the climate worldwide.

I DO think there is one little thing I agree that is a problem, and that is the cities and roads we have created, which heats us up a bit.  It makes a small difference on a local scale, but tiny on a global scale.  But that is just my opinion, nothing scientific to back it up.

For those of you wanting links for all of this, unhook from your computers, go to a library, and LOOK IT UP.  Quit depending on having everything spoon fed to you online by people who may or may not be telling the truth just to get them to agree with you like this... person.  Think for yourselves and stop being sheep.

Ok, me and my soapbox are going home now.
iamangry
+59|6660|The United States of America

HUNDaemon wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

How about no.

Fuck you.

And from this we can conclude that Mr. Daemon's credibility is inversely proportional to both the time he is on a computer and the number of posts he makes on these forums.  Based on this solid data I would advise Mr. Daemon as a scientist to minimize further loss of credibility and vacate these forums... permanently. 

Mr. Daemon, in order to alleviate your concerns about global warming, allow me to suggest to you that most electricity produced in the first world comes from clean coal plants and nuclear plants.  Nuclear plants do not contribute to global warming, and clean coal has improved dramatically in the past few years.  I would submit that it is indeed all moving machinery that contributes the most to what might be an indication of some sort of man made climate change.   Notice how I phrased that, as a good scientist I cannot at this time come to a coherent and decisive conclusion based on a lack of sufficient data... I can only hypothesize.  Anyhow, with regards to electricity.  Amazingly enough, the same people who want this 5 minute break for the world do not realize that it is indeed their own fault that the coal plants still exist at all.  You see, its uneducated people like you who think their experts on the subject just because they've watched some dumb shit movie in a theater that do not realize that if nuclear power development was not all but stopped by YOU people in the aftermath of Three Mile Island (a success in reactor containment) that electricity production would no longer produce emissions today.  Oh, and for your information, its not just CO2.  That's the political chemical activists want you to ejaculate from your mouth about (in turn creating MORE CO2!!! for NO GOOD REASON).  You need to take a good hard look at SOx, NOx, and Ammonia emissions... oh, but wait, those are already regulated!  So what gas will you push to regulate after CO2?  Water Vapor?  O2?  N2???  Guess what... all contribute highly to "global warming", and thankfully so, because Earth would be uninhabitable without gases all over the place (atmosphere).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard