Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821
the persians are a technologically, numerically, and economically superior nation invading a much smaller country

the spartans are hard headed idiots who choose to shed blood even when they know they can't win

i can't wait to see some stupid greeks get wtfpwned by the persians.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6550|EUtopia | Austria

Krappyappy wrote:

the spartans are hard headed idiots who choose to shed blood even when they know they can't win
That's common practice, meanwhile.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
lol i guess you are being sarcastic to see some retards post some stupid flame stuff.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
It was a smaller army that lost the battle but majorly helped to win the war. 250k against 7k and they get their ass's kicked for weeks to then face an army of 30k+ Greek veterans filled the Persians with fear making their resolve lessen and caused them to route.
alphatarget
+3|6531
At one point in history the spartans actually overpowered the persians.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

Beer commercials promote domestic abuse.

please.
Magius5.0
+106|6382|UMass Amherst
You do realize that these spartans have trained all their lives for this one monumentous battle?  That they fight against impossible odds because they are defending their home, their country; if that's not worth defending, what is?
MrE`158
+103|6624
Why on earth would you specify "Frank Miller's 300"?

You realise that that story of the Spartans and the Persians is thousands of years old, right?  Or is it a case of, once again, someone having no concept of history suddenly encountering something that's being made into a movie?  Even the damn comic is years old, for fuck's sake.

Promoting terrorism?  Grow the fuck up.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821
lol
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Magius5.0 wrote:

You do realize that these spartans have trained all their lives for this one monumentous battle?  That they fight against impossible odds because they are defending their home, their country; if that's not worth defending, what is?
Sounds rather like Iraq...
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

I do believe the Spartans were bi-sexual. Like, the whole lot of them.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
Yup. Thats because sex with a woman you weren't married to carried the death sentence for her. Therefore they carried out their lust on each other ass's lol.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Vilham wrote:

Yup. Thats because sex with a woman you weren't married to carried the death sentence for her. Therefore they carried out their lust on each other ass's lol.
Haha... Dude, the chicks were allowed to sleep around. I was reading up on it. As in a married woman was allowed to bring her girlfriend home...

In fact... Seems that the women were just encouraged to sleep around regardless of marital status, as it meant more little spartans running around.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Defiance
+438|6672

Don't feed the trolls...
samthenuker
Trunk Monkey
+2|6492
The Persians were not Technologically superior to the Spartans. The Persians had wicker shields and linen uniforms, while the Spartans had big bronze shields, bronze armor and long pikes.  300 Spartans held off 10,000+ Persians for 2 days, and you're calling them inferior?
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Sexy womens clothing promotes rape.
Beer promotes piss
Why is paper white? That's racial!
I need around tree fiddy.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6488|Melbourne

Its a fricken movie ffs...
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6515|montreal, quebec

Krappyappy wrote:

the persians are a technologically, numerically, and economically superior nation invading a much smaller country

whats the deal with terrorism?

you american people are freaking nuts, you see terrorism everywhere now, yet its okay to have a loaded m16 your closet or a desert eagle under your pillow.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6490|Gogledd Cymru

hmmm, im sure americans have loaded m16's in their closets
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821
i'z amricaen i gots big gunz i haf two m4z

they own hard just like in CS 1.6 i plae dat cuz my dad won't buy me a better cumputor

frank miller makes the bestsss muvvvieess lol all my frineds from high school like his stuff so if you don't like him you are gay
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6701|MoVal So-Cal
The 300 Spartans that fought to the end at the Battle of Thermopylae died in a manner that was heroic. They did not fight to make a point or top show that they were "bad asses." They fought and died to protect the retreating Greek army. The Greeks survived to fight another day because of the heroic actions of the Spartans, allowing the Greeks to defeat the invading Persians in the battles at Salamis and Plataea. So, the thing I really don't get is how you can make a connection with the Spartans and terrorism. Terrorists attack civilians, murder innocents and attack Coalition forces in cities, killing innocents and then pinning the blame on said Coalition forces...nothing they do is heroic, they only fight for money and not for Allah as they try to put off. In reality the Spartans and Thermopylae fought to protect their fellow soldiers and protect their country while terrorists fight for money and do their best to get you to think it is for their god (if you dont believe me, then think about this...every mid-eastern terrorist leader is a rich man, osama for example)
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821

Pernicious544 wrote:

terrorists fight for money and do their best to get you to think it is for their god (if you dont believe me, then think about this...every mid-eastern terrorist leader is a rich man, osama for example)
yeah those crazy terrorists, always trying to get my money. why just the other day one of them came up to my door and was all like

'hay dood can i get a couple bucks for gas so i can visit my grandmother in the hospital'

but i didn't have any so i kicked him in the nuts and ran inside

i know he was a terrorist because he was brown and he wanted money

Last edited by Krappyappy (2007-01-29 01:59:04)

Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6701|MoVal So-Cal

Krappyappy wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

terrorists fight for money and do their best to get you to think it is for their god (if you dont believe me, then think about this...every mid-eastern terrorist leader is a rich man, osama for example)
yeah those crazy terrorists, always trying to get my money. why just the other day one of them came up to my door and was all like

'hay dood can i get a couple bucks for gas so i can visit my grandmother in the hospital'

Yep, your either 12 or have the mentality of someone that is 12, good job at letting me know that. Normal conversation is obviously impossible with you...even though it is a FACT that if a man blows himself up in the name of Allah and for a terrorist organization his family gets a substantial cash award from the organization. Why do you think mothers dress their children up for them to go and blow themselves up with out protest? Money makes the world go round...
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821

Pernicious544 wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

Yep, your either 12 or have the mentality of someone that is 12, good job at letting me know that. Normal conversation is obviously impossible with you...even though it is a FACT that if a man blows himself up in the name of Allah and for a terrorist organization his family gets a substantial cash award from the organization. Why do you think mothers dress their children up for them to go and blow themselves up with out protest? Money makes the world go round...
wow man you are really deep. you are so right about everything. i would never have guessed that money made the world go round, i can't imagine the kind of crazy insane good brain it takes to come up with an idea like that.

and you know so much about terrorists too, and you didn't even have to know any personally. when i grow up i want to be just like you.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6701|MoVal So-Cal

Krappyappy wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

wow man you are really deep. you are so right about everything. i would never have guessed that money made the world go round, i can't imagine the kind of crazy insane good brain it takes to come up with an idea like that.

and you know so much about terrorists too, and you didn't even have to know any personally. when i grow up i want to be just like you.
Aww, I'm idolized.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard