jkg1389
The Sound Of Silence
+9|6464
Didn't want to read 10 pages to see if anyone said this, but the rock glitch outside the Outpost of Jalalabad should be fixed. Also SRAWs and Eryxs sometimes don't reload for a good while after the rocket is shot and exploded.
Phrozenbot
+632|6615|do not disturb

EU weapons should be tier 3 unlocks.

Last edited by =ST6=Phrozenbot (2007-01-25 22:19:18)

sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6675|Planet Seibertron ;)
I'd like to suggest a feature request, as this has been widely ignored by EA/DICE.

Due to LCD monitors becoming more affordable and with widescreen displays becoming more commonplace, I formally request that proper widescreen support be included on the next patch.  Currently, in order to force a widescreen view, one has to take the BF2 shortcut and modify its Target to add a couple of command-line arguments.  While this does render the game in the specified widescreen resolution, it is not a solution.

Currently, widescreen resolution distorts the HUD and possibly the interface as well.  It also crops vertical view by some degree thereby reducing overall view to less than that of those with 4:3 or 5:4 aspect ratio resolutions.

Should the excuse citing unfair advantage ever come up, it should be noted that there is always unfair advantage on a different level -- sound setup, VoIP, vieiwng distance/graphics card.  Even the game, as it stands right now, have certain unfair advantages.
J=MAN
+25|6658|OZ

Hurricane wrote:

Attention soldiers! (hehe, EA trying to be funny...)
-Increase the rate at which engineers gain repair points. Rather than getting one point for a 'full' repair, the player should get one point for a 'half' repair. Example: if a UAV is at full health then destroyed by 2 packs of C4, an engineer that repairs it fully would get 2 points.

-Any TK's caused by running over someone in a jet should not count as a TK, and should instead count as a suicide for the person who gets killed. This will stop jet blocking. [/color][/b]
AMEN BROTHER!

And I would like to add:

- Stop empty TOW and SAM sites from showing up as targets on jet HUDs.

- Stop air-to-air missiles from hitting friendly targets. I've seen them about to hit an enemy only to make a 90-degree turn and wipe out a friendly who was miles away.
stacky24af
+1|6542
Not sure if others have this problem but when I lay down quick and try to get right back up really quick I end up laying back down and it takes a second to actually get back to my feet and role out.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653

SargeV1.4 wrote:

-remove prone and crouch delay.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

let me explain to you what a decent FPS game needs.

First off, Counter-Strike. As retarded as its player base is, much like that of BF2, you can't argue that there is plenty of skill to be had all the way up to the godlike status of some of the best players.
Now, in CS, you do not need to stand still to shoot. In fact, on many guns, your first shot is completely accurate. You can run around, be moving, and still be getting headshots. In other words, players can move around while shooting, and if they want to run nothing is stopping them, other than a well aimed shot from the opposition.

In Quake, you can run (read: bounce) around, all the while firing your ultra accurate railgun/rocket/blaster/etc. the fact that you are just as accurate while bouncing around as you are standing still makes for a very fun game: it is incredibly fast paced, and it takes a LOT of skill. Extreme accuracy from the guns in the game does not make it 'noobish', but far better, as the only factor is the players skill, and not luck.

In any populair FPS game the same principle goes: you can MOVE, at any time, and have proper accuracy too.

In Battlefield 2, you have to go prone to get high accuracy fast. However, in the older versions of BF2, going prone and getting back up again was instantaneous. And you could do all kinds of movements to stay in motion while still being prone. Thus, BF2 circumvented the principle of needing to stand to fire and still retain speed, by having these so-called "exploits".

Now, imagine if in Counter-Strike, you had to stand still for a full second before being able to fire accurately. And after you've fired, you have to wait another second before being able to move again. Thus, all shoot-outs become players simply standing still hoping their gun gets luckier first.

Enter 1.4

I hope you finally realise it now.
-increase accuracy on all weapons. Up to the standard of BF2pro.

-make all fighter jets equal in performance, and all bombers equal.

-A2A missles should hit whenever a jet is not doing a full turn. Missles are still effective but take timing and thought to use.

-A2A missles should stay just as effective against choppers. (read: not.) Gunning choppers down is the way to go. spamming missles at choppers is another example of giving players the easy way out instead of making them learn to play.

-AA missles should almost always hit. AA is weak enough as it is (yes, that's right. High learning curve. get used to it. AA doesn't stand a chance against choppers or jets.)

-helo TV missles range should be set to ~600. This will make helo fights far less a game of hiding.

-fix helo TV missle bugs: Not firing/double reload/blank screen. can make the difference between win or lose in a match.

-improve on the netcode to relieve hitreg problems. Vital for any FPS game. Not a major fix, but some improvements at the least.

-allow firing while in the air, but make accuracy extremely low. in other words, normal C4 throwing (short distance) and point blank shots can still work. And I see no reason why they shouldn't.

-remove the well-known glitches from maps.

-make switching firing modes go smoothly. M16 is a real bitch for this one, regularly your aim spazzes out all over the place and you end up back in the mode you started in.

-make claymores TK again. I'm sure it was DICE's intention to prevent players from accidentally killing teammates who stare at the sky constantly, but this change has done nothing but make snipers run around spamming invincible boomsticks everywhere.

fin
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
kiroffski
+0|6301
How about being able to change kits from a supply drop? with maybe a 10 sec delay.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6327|Australia

sixshot wrote:

I'd like to suggest a feature request, as this has been widely ignored by EA/DICE.

Due to LCD monitors becoming more affordable and with widescreen displays becoming more commonplace, I formally request that proper widescreen support be included on the next patch.  Currently, in order to force a widescreen view, one has to take the BF2 shortcut and modify its Target to add a couple of command-line arguments.  While this does render the game in the specified widescreen resolution, it is not a solution.

Currently, widescreen resolution distorts the HUD and possibly the interface as well.  It also crops vertical view by some degree thereby reducing overall view to less than that of those with 4:3 or 5:4 aspect ratio resolutions.

Should the excuse citing unfair advantage ever come up, it should be noted that there is always unfair advantage on a different level -- sound setup, VoIP, vieiwng distance/graphics card.  Even the game, as it stands right now, have certain unfair advantages.
ns eh?

+1 for bringing it up.
lbdwag
+0|6387
snipers should have just as many claymores as other units have grenades.

The repair points is a great idea.

WS support would be very nice too!

Last edited by lbdwag (2007-01-27 12:56:47)

Daniel_Blue-Delta
+11|6302|Sweden

lbdwag wrote:

snipers should have just as many claymores as other units have grenades.

The repair points is a great idea.

WS support would be very nice too!
If snipers had that many mines I think things would get real ugly.

If they had that many, they would probably have to remove hand grenades, to regain some balance.

Otherwise you could kinda rename Sniper to Demolitioner.
MrWeeyums
+3|6399|NY
What about a kill assist if your teammate kills someone "under the influence" of a flashbang or teargas that u used.  I didnt read all 11 pages so sorry if it was already thought of.
~Ryan
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6463|meh-land
Alright

rebalance the transport choppers.  They keep their current armor and such, BUT

MEC chopper gets essentially a toned down MK-19.  It kills in one direct hit, and two or three near misses.  It has a fairly small area of effect but will still shred a squad of guys moving close together.  A ROF of about 3 shots per second would also keep it from being too powerful

Blackhawk should have its miniguns made slightly more powerful and give them better splash damage.  The miniguns are 100% lethal right now, but only if you hit directly.  Such as parking the BH and mowing down a squad of guys.  But it should be able to kill while flyign too

Chinese transport chopper should be removed completely and have something else replace it.  it is just a worthless piece of crap.  Preferably the replacement would be similar to the the mec transport chopper

remove prone/crouch delay, but make it so you can only switch back and forth so fast (ie no prone spamming so fast that you can't even see the model).  Keep crouch/standing as it is. 
Remove the bullcrap you can't shoot while jumping rule.  Just make it so the guns are very innacurate while jumping

allow you to throw C4 further.  it is gay that you can't throw it over an 8 foot wall.  No C4 tossing as it was bak in 1.03 and 1.12, but bring back C4 tossing somewhat.

thats about all i want

oh yeah, increase TV missile range to 500 or 550
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6529|Belgium
"Do not display this message again" option for the BF2 News pop-up when you login. It shows up with info on new patches, even if you have already installed them.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646

TrueArchon wrote:

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

....  PS you also have 16 hours in a chopper....
You completely missed my point.  Here it is again:

TrueArchon wrote:

I see that you have all those hours in a chopper, so I've gotta ask.

If solo-choppering were allowed, but all the AA were capable of locking on to a heat target at the same range as the TV missile (and they don't), would that be alright?

Because honestly, the biggest problem I have against solo-piloting is that 97% of what's left on the map for a equipment resource is ineffective against choppers hovering so high out of range.  The remaining 3% make up a fighter jet (if there is one), the flak gun on mobile AA (if there is one), and another chopper.

So, in the end, the only person enjoying solo-choppering is the solo-pilot.  The opposing team is constantly being killed with little ability to do anything about it, and the same team has a player hogging the chopper with little chance to gun for it, or getting an opportunity to get the chopper themselves when the previous pilot isn't dying.
It's not the point of having 16 hours in a chopper.

It's a point of game balance.

Solo-chopper pilots hover out of AA lock range, but are more than capable of attacking targets below them.

It's a matter of fairness.

Solo-chopper pilots are NOT being fair by:

1.  Hogging the chopper to themselves, and not letting teammates gun for them.
2.  Exploiting the fact that they are all but untouchable to enemy fire, yet they have an instant, one-hit kill weapon at their finger tips.

In a different way of thinking...

Why is the M95 not an automatic kill, no matter where it hits?  Why doesn't it damage engine blocks in vehicles to the point of being disabled/destroyed completely?

The answer is simple.  It disrupts game balance, and is, quite possibly, not fair to the other players.  Why would anyone play assault with an M16, when a M95 can do the job better at a safe distance?

As I've said, it's not a matter of the number of hours anyone has in the chopper.  It's a matter of the number of times MANY players have been flattened by a TV missile, got pissed, jumped into an AA vehicle, seen the culprit that flattened them, tried to get an impossible lock on them without ANY success, then tried to fire their flak gun at the culprit, get flattened AGAIN by a TV missile, and then watch as the solo-pilot returns to base to fix his three bars of flak damage.

And that's the AA vehicles!  The rest of the vehicles are even worse off than that!

Obviously solo-choppering is a big enough issue to be brought up patch, after patch, after patch...  and typically, the only players that don't have a problem with it, are the solo-pilots themselves.
That's all nice and dandy but explain how a duo chopper combo can't do the exact same thing better. You sound more annoyed by choppers than by anything else.
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6521|Polish state of EU
fix the god damn BMP-3 cause its slow, big, it cant shoot infantry because of gun placed so high, and it has terrible armor! One TOW - HJ-8 cannot destroy it! One accurate shot from RPG-7 can make it being on fire when in full-armor! Please fix also the bug in iron gator when sometimes you shoot enemy essex and got negative team score. Last bug is when sometimes you shoot with artilerry, it takes damadge.

Anyway if you fix just 20% of this bugs, we will be all V E R Y happy...
mr.m00se
PiMp mE APC^^
+4|6319|In Your Butz Making Baby
is this true? at last a good patch wich will fix all the glitchses
Smitty5613
+46|6526|Middle of nowhere, California
i think they should at least make claymores so they can be blown up by grenades
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6738|Great Wall
My wish for patch 1.5 is...

increasing a number of claymores from 2 to 10..

That would help me on my way to 30 kd ratio with claymores
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6638|Montreal, Qc, Canada

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

My wish for patch 1.5 is...

increasing a number of claymores from 2 to 10..

That would help me on my way to 30 kd ratio with claymores
LOLZLMAOBBQROLF !!!!!!!!!!!
Jello.01
+46|6608|DFW, Texas

SargeV1.4 wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

-remove prone and crouch delay.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

let me explain to you what a decent FPS game needs.

First off, Counter-Strike. As retarded as its player base is, much like that of BF2, you can't argue that there is plenty of skill to be had all the way up to the godlike status of some of the best players.
Now, in CS, you do not need to stand still to shoot. In fact, on many guns, your first shot is completely accurate. You can run around, be moving, and still be getting headshots. In other words, players can move around while shooting, and if they want to run nothing is stopping them, other than a well aimed shot from the opposition.

In Quake, you can run (read: bounce) around, all the while firing your ultra accurate railgun/rocket/blaster/etc. the fact that you are just as accurate while bouncing around as you are standing still makes for a very fun game: it is incredibly fast paced, and it takes a LOT of skill. Extreme accuracy from the guns in the game does not make it 'noobish', but far better, as the only factor is the players skill, and not luck.

In any populair FPS game the same principle goes: you can MOVE, at any time, and have proper accuracy too.

In Battlefield 2, you have to go prone to get high accuracy fast. However, in the older versions of BF2, going prone and getting back up again was instantaneous. And you could do all kinds of movements to stay in motion while still being prone. Thus, BF2 circumvented the principle of needing to stand to fire and still retain speed, by having these so-called "exploits".

Now, imagine if in Counter-Strike, you had to stand still for a full second before being able to fire accurately. And after you've fired, you have to wait another second before being able to move again. Thus, all shoot-outs become players simply standing still hoping their gun gets luckier first.

Enter 1.4

I hope you finally realise it now.
-increase accuracy on all weapons. Up to the standard of BF2pro.

-make all fighter jets equal in performance, and all bombers equal.

-A2A missles should hit whenever a jet is not doing a full turn. Missles are still effective but take timing and thought to use.

-A2A missles should stay just as effective against choppers. (read: not.) Gunning choppers down is the way to go. spamming missles at choppers is another example of giving players the easy way out instead of making them learn to play.

-AA missles should almost always hit. AA is weak enough as it is (yes, that's right. High learning curve. get used to it. AA doesn't stand a chance against choppers or jets.)

-helo TV missles range should be set to ~600. This will make helo fights far less a game of hiding.

-fix helo TV missle bugs: Not firing/double reload/blank screen. can make the difference between win or lose in a match.

-improve on the netcode to relieve hitreg problems. Vital for any FPS game. Not a major fix, but some improvements at the least.

-allow firing while in the air, but make accuracy extremely low. in other words, normal C4 throwing (short distance) and point blank shots can still work. And I see no reason why they shouldn't.

-remove the well-known glitches from maps.

-make switching firing modes go smoothly. M16 is a real bitch for this one, regularly your aim spazzes out all over the place and you end up back in the mode you started in.

-make claymores TK again. I'm sure it was DICE's intention to prevent players from accidentally killing teammates who stare at the sky constantly, but this change has done nothing but make snipers run around spamming invincible boomsticks everywhere.

fin
We think alike Sarge, we think alike...
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6335|Oregon

Smitty5613 wrote:

yes
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6361|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
I always get a CTD when i switch teams, and i know other people have this problem too.  they need to fix this
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6638|Montreal, Qc, Canada

djphetal wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

yes
but how you wanna blow up a claymore with a grenade if the claymore will explose even if you are 100km from it ???!?!?!?!??!?!?
liquix
+51|6454|Peoples Republic of Portland
Fix hitreg, jet balance, fix hitreg,  and make anti tank kits move at real speed, fix jet hitboxes, fix hitreg, and add an MEC vs Chinese urban map.
MadMax2506
+0|6295
The m24, M96 and  the L96A1 should all be more powerful... especially the M95... its says it does 195 damage... well i shoot someone in the head from a distance and they don't die... i shoot them in the chest they don't die... really irritating.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard