deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6535|Connecticut

Commie Killer wrote:

10. Marines dont use the M24, the M24 is used by the United States Army, the USMC use the M40A3.
Exactly
Malloy must go
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6409|Columbus, Ohio

deeznutz1245 wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

I hate the M-16 and the 249 saw jams like a bitch.........at the worst times I might add.
I second that. And fuck the magazine port. Belt fed or go home.
lol...if you are down to a magazine, you better run....errrrr...attack in another direction because you are fucked.
l41e
+677|6690

Don't they make C-Mags for the M249?
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6535|Connecticut

k30dxedle wrote:

I dont remember the cyclic firing rate of the SAW. But I do know that it will eat through a magazine faster than a PFC will get his Jalapeno flavored MRE cheese snatched up by a Corporal. errr, I mean acquired.
Malloy must go
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6560|Montucky

deeznutz1245 wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

I dont remember the cyclic firing rate of the SAW. But I do know that it will eat through a magazine faster than a PFC will get his Jalapeno flavored MRE cheese snatched up by a Corporal. errr, I mean acquired.
Thats if you can get the Saw to "accept" the magazine and actually fire the rounds, I've never had luck with that ghey magazine port.

I wasn't a Jalapeno MRE Cheese guy myself.. Gimme your PoundCake PFC...

Okay Corporal....
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6409|Columbus, Ohio

S3v3N wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

Thats if you can get the Saw to "accept" the magazine and actually fire the rounds, I've never had luck with that ghey magazine port.

Okay Corporal....
Pffttt......you boots.  Give me omelet with ham FTW.

On subject, that is another thing the improved dramatically was MRE's.
Commie Killer
+192|6429

Stingray24 wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

there was a assault weapon project that has been cancelled. that gun looks perfect.
That was the M8/M320 program which used 5.56 NATO rounds.
Why do they keep wanting to use 5.56 instead of 7.62?  Cheaper?
Carry more ammo, a lot less weight, at least thats what Ive heard.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6387|Twyford, UK
So, the basic consensus is 'give us bigger guns, make them work in sand, and make them not break'?

I, for one, am not surprised. These are Marines we're talking about. Anyone who has the balls to sign up for a service whose main aim is to run up beaches under heavy enemy fire would generally think like that anyway.
And soldiers have never been careful.

The 5.56mm round was designed for maximum damage against a soft target, due to it yawing after impact. Thus, it will hurt someone quite badly, but won't go through concrete, on account of being designed not to overpenetrate and go through walls to kill innocents.
Sadly, the insurgents know this and hide behind walls, where the Russians were expected to run nice and obediently into the teeth of American fire.

The 9mm round is a pussy thing anyway. I have inert rounds for comparison, and compared to the .45, it really IS tiny.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6762|California

Re-issue the M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine. That war would be over in a week.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6686
i can see what there saying but i also disagree with some things.  the m16 aint powerful enough true.  it wont go through the brick adobe buildings for the most part. true.  but its accurate as hell.  I LOVED MY SAW.  everybody always says the saw is always jams but Ive never had one jam on me when it matter.  shieeeet,  i had that thing going through blanks without a misfire and through the magazine well even.  i just have a lot of respect for that saw.  next to the bradley gunners, saw gunners in my unit probably took the most amount of life.  i will the M-9 a big dumbs WAY down.  but,  i never had one issued, i just know they suck compared to our old 1911's
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6409|Columbus, Ohio

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

i can see what there saying but i also disagree with some things.  the m16 aint powerful enough true.  it wont go through the brick adobe buildings for the most part. true.  but its accurate as hell.  I LOVED MY SAW.  everybody always says the saw is always jams but Ive never had one jam on me when it matter.  shieeeet,  i had that thing going through blanks without a misfire and through the magazine well even.  i just have a lot of respect for that saw.  next to the bradley gunners, saw gunners in my unit probably took the most amount of life.  i will the M-9 a big dumbs WAY down.  but,  i never had one issued, i just know they suck compared to our old 1911's
About the SAW.  You forget the Marines get the Army's hand me downs.
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6722|Colorado Springs, CO

S3v3N wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

Okay Corporal....
Heres a question for all of the military types here, whats you favorite MRE?

Mine would have to be the Chili Mac. Or if it had Pound Cake and crackers with the jalapeno cheese spread or some Tootsie rolls, that would be a close second.

I always traded away the Country Chicken ones. Ewwww.....
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6409|Columbus, Ohio

arabeater wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Okay Corporal....

Mine would have to be the Chili Mac. Or if it had Pound Cake and crackers with the jalapeno cheese spread or some Tootsie rolls, that would be a close second.

Man I loved chili mac.  But my "old school" favorite was beef stew.  With a shitload of Tabasco of course.
arabeater

usmarine2007 wrote:

arabeater wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

Okay Corporal....

Man I loved chili mac.  But my "old school" favorite was beef stew.  With a shitload of Tabasco of course.
Oh hell yea I forgot about beef stew. I dunno about alot of tabasco in it though. Did you ever try the stale ass bread thingy?

I did once and had some serious shits all day.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6409|Columbus, Ohio

arabeater wrote:

Did you ever try the stale ass bread thingy?

You mean that thing they would pass out in a separate package?  lol....yummm.
Hy$t3RiA
Pocket Rocket
+5|6441|Blighty

arabeater wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

arabeater wrote:

Oh hell yea I forgot about beef stew. I dunno about alot of tabasco in it though. Did you ever try the stale ass bread thingy?

Man are rations are pants compared to yours. Never forgte looking forward to fruit dumplings in butterscotch sauce only to find that you may as well throw it at someone as they are hard as hell and impossible to swallow!!

Btw Arabeater, are you going back to Afghan anytime soon? I'm back there on 23rd April, meet up for a beer if your there
arabeater

usmarine2007 wrote:

arabeater wrote:

No it came in the regular MRE package.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6409|Columbus, Ohio

arabeater wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

arabeater wrote:

I remember getting "bread" passed out in a single package along with MRE's.  Either way, it tasted like shit.
arabeater

Hy$t3RiA wrote:

arabeater wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Man are rations are pants compared to yours. Never forgte looking forward to fruit dumplings in butterscotch sauce only to find that you may as well throw it at someone as they are hard as hell and impossible to swallow!!

Btw Arabeater, are you going back to Afghan anytime soon? I'm back there on 23rd April, meet up for a beer if your there
Butterscotch sauce? EWWWWWW!!!!!! 

Nah man, im slated to go to Iraq this summer sometime. I wish I was going to Kandahar though.
arabeater

usmarine2007 wrote:

arabeater wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

I remember getting "bread" passed out in a single package along with MRE's.  Either way, it tasted like shit.
This was like a round piece of bread cut in half. I think it was sourdough.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6510
Sounds like we need to upgrade to better ARs. If the marines want 7.62 and reliabilty than we sould do like Chavez and buy AK-103s.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6697|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Amen to issuing the M-14!!! Finest service rifle ever. Beats the old M1 Garand only because it has more rounds. I'm not that surprised about Marines coviting the .45, I've heard that the M9 really needs hollow point rounds to be effictive but those rounds are banned by the Genevea convention. Can't beat the 7.62 + .45 caliber combination in my book.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6697|Lancaster Ohio, USA

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Sounds like we need to upgrade to better ARs. If the marines want 7.62 and reliabilty than we sould do like Chavez and buy AK-103s.
Screw arming us with Ak's, bring the M-14 back!!! M-14 FTW!!!
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6425|California
Here's my idea of the perfect replacements:

Replacement for M16A2 ~ G36-E (Full size assault rifle) [Reliable, will NOT jam even while soaked in mud and sand, lightweight, portable, large ammo capacity magazines readily available and can be made into a MG36 with the addition of a bi-pod and a 100 round C-mag. Not to mention that it's very cheap for the military, at less than $600 a piece, massive wholesale I don't know.

https://www.hkpro.com/image/g36woods2.jpghttps://www.hkpro.com/image/g36cmag.jpg

Replacement for M4 Carbine ~ G36C [Extremely compact, very lightweight, will NOT jam in the worst conditions, all of the positives on the G36E above]. Very cheap to purchase for the military.

https://www.hkpro.com/g36cwht.jpg

Replacement for the Beretta M9 ~ Glock 21C [13-round capacity- .45ACP - will not jam - lightweight - compact - will withstand huge amounts of abuse - etc. It's a Glock people!]

https://www.sportschutter.nl/Glockenpatronen.jpg

Replacement for the M249 Saw a.k.a. ''Minimi'' ~ HK 23-E [5.56mm ammo - huge ammo capacity - selective fire <semi-3 round burst-full auto>- lighteweight and can be belt fed or linkless fed]

https://www.hkpro.com/HK23Eleft.jpg
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6487|The Land of Scott Walker
I vote yes for the above weapons.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard