mike_01042
Banned
+9|6348|Nasareth
I mean, they do have the USS Essex to protect tehsmelves but they all jump and tk for jets instead of going on the essex.

Discuss
l41e
+677|6669

Who cares? Let the server owners do what they want. Besides, this has been discussed about 5 million times before.
mike_01042
Banned
+9|6348|Nasareth
so?
ssonrats
+221|6666
Yes it should, close thread.
AWSMsniper
+3|6330
possibly, dependsin real war, you attack the enemy base, right, and hit their resources. Why not in BF2??
Sure, peoplw spawn and they are killed, but in real life, if all your outposts are taken, u have to fight at your last base, its not a free are u kno.
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6389|Netherlands

It depends on the map I think. The carrier is only reachable from the air (unless someone takes the time to get in a boat to sale there...) and thus mostly subject to air attacks. They have to Essex guns on there... so there shouldn't really be a problem. The reason it is not allowed in a lot of places is because people can't escape. They spawn and they die because they can't spawn anywhere else. In that respect the carrier should be allowed to be raped to total fucking death as soon as the US has another flag somewhere on the map for people to spawn.
Thats what we do on our server and thats what should be done on every server IMO.

Tiger
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6484|Tyne & Wear, England
I prefer a bit of variation, so a bit of both suits me just fine.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6727|67.222.138.85
On all maps except Wake and Dalian, yes.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6413|Southern California
deffinatly discussed a million times...

Come up with a couple hundred a month, start your own server then base rape to your hearts content.

But as long as your asking other people to pay for the servers you play for free on, I think its fair to respect their rules.

Besides most servers run what ever rules, and what ever maps will keep players on the servers. Honestly go price servers, they cost to much to leave sitting empty on pricipal. Servers generaly cater to player demand, and the fact that most servers have rules against it should show you the most popular opinion......
Skorpy-chan
+127|6366|Twyford, UK
No. Not all servers run Wake or Gulf of Oman, so not all have defenses against such.

Also, it's annoying to spawn in an artillery strike or airstrike and just die with no chance to survive make your time. It doesen't give anyone a ghost of a chance.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6611|Reisterstown, MD

It should but there are too many pussies out there that want to hide behind rules in hopes they won't get their ass whooped as much.  I've been playing more and more SF and it seems 75 percent of the servers have rules such as "Don't Arty UNCAPS, no baseraping, no spawn camping, no vehicle stealing, etc.  They might as well have training wheels on their graphic when u load up their server.  Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6641|Mhz

Server = Base rape allowed = I base rape.

Server = Base rape banned = I base rape.

At the end of the day I and everyone else will do what the fuck they wan't, admins don't like it they can kick, no-one gives a shit about being booted theres 1500 servers to choose from, TBH I like the fact they got so stressed out they felt the need to remove me, I'm a cunt and I know it.

To be fair if people are too pathetic to remove one little infantry man from their base they don't have a right to complain frankly, 90% of admins bought their own server just coz they can't handle the game without the option to remove people who play in a way they can't deal with.
kilgoretrout
+53|6491|Little Rock, AR

TigerXtrm wrote:

The reason it is not allowed in a lot of places is because people can't escape. They spawn and they die because they can't spawn anywhere else.
You can spawn under the ship and get in a boat.
panderiz
+32|6787
Just boost the ESSEX's AA power, the missiles should be almost 100% successful within a certain radius of the carrier, would make wake a whole lot more balanced.
panderiz
+32|6787

kilgoretrout wrote:

TigerXtrm wrote:

The reason it is not allowed in a lot of places is because people can't escape. They spawn and they die because they can't spawn anywhere else.
And then what, wait out the round?  J-10's slaughter boats.

The boats should be quicker etc IMO.

The best tactic for wake as US is to take the balckhawk straight up to about 250-270 alt and then slowly move it over the airfield, simple but most of the time the j-10's are spawn raping the small island.
Zukabazuka
+23|6706

panderiz wrote:

kilgoretrout wrote:

TigerXtrm wrote:

And then what, wait out the round?  J-10's slaughter boats.

The boats should be quicker etc IMO.

The best tactic for wake as US is to take the balckhawk straight up to about 250-270 alt and then slowly move it over the airfield, simple but most of the time the j-10's are spawn raping the small island.
Then we have Jeeps and Tanks that eat boat for breakfast at the beach waiting for you and coulpe of snipers AT support medics so yeah pick blackhawk is the fastest way but flying low isn't really good because you will be a target for choppers and AA
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6769|Mark it zero.
Yes it should be allowed. Don't let those pussies hide!
panderiz
+32|6787
bf2 and especially on wake need boats that have been developed in some of the mods. 

Full on attack boats ftw
The_Jester
+52|6512|Italy
No. Server owners can do whatever  they want, as long as they respect bfroe.
It's their own right to set some baserape rules. So here is the ultimate uber wonderful solution when uncap raping isn't allowed...hold on....DON'T DO IT.
Or options 2: go play on a server where it's allowed.

And no, the essex guns are not an excuse.
Essex=J10 on the other side, and J10 vs essex aa gun is a joke.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6850|Grapevine, TX

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

On all maps except Wake and Dalian, yes.
And Dragon Valley...
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6551|Boston, MA
Every server should allow baserape. Simply because a good enough team would be able to prevent it from happening to begin with.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6699|In You Endo- Stoke
Nope baserape shouldn't be allowed on all servers,

There are a few to many maps were you get boxed in on the carrier.

Gulf of Oman is a bad one if your team chuff's up.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6555|Edmonton Alberta

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Server = Base rape allowed = I base rape.

Server = Base rape banned = I base rape.

At the end of the day I and everyone else will do what the fuck they wan't, admins don't like it they can kick, no-one gives a shit about being booted theres 1500 servers to choose from, TBH I like the fact they got so stressed out they felt the need to remove me, I'm a cunt and I know it.

To be fair if people are too pathetic to remove one little infantry man from their base they don't have a right to complain frankly, 90% of admins bought their own server just coz they can't handle the game without the option to remove people who play in a way they can't deal with.
i totally agree

what i hate is gay rules that says that you cant follow an aircraft into an uncap and kill them....... i dont think bf2 should have a "safe zone"

OMG im in my uncap noone can kill me--- i hate people that think like this
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6616|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
its a fucking war game for a reason, its got a basic rule, kill or be killed.
ZekersSneakers
+8|6525
I think it should be an offense to kick for baserape, this is war not hello kitty island adventure.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard