Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

I'm reading John Grisham's "The Rainmaker". I've read it before of course, but I'm currently enrolling for Law again at University and need some inspiration.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6482|Purdue
Eagle Strike
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
Right now I am reading  the new one by Stephen King ( forget the name Linsey or something ) as well as " Growing Up At The Desert Queen Ranch" and "Canyons and Mesas" ( geology ) and " The Winning Business Plan"
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6596|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

mcgid1 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

77th|Christensen wrote:

Halo: Ghosts of Onyx.

The whole halo series may seem really nerdy, but man they are good stories. And they really explain alot about the halo universe.
ditto also "The Hostage" by W.B. Griffon and for the 5 th time "Rainbow Six" Tom Clancy
Rainbow Six is an excellent read.  Rather long but worth every page.
Rainbow Six was very very good. just finished Next. i was reading this one book by this guy i forgot his name. it was all about how the Japanese invaded russia for oil and it follows the stories of a squadron of a US F-22 pilots, a soviet diesel sub captain, a Japanese pilot who is friends with the American squadron leader, and a soviet Su-37 pilot. very very good book.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821
i am currently reading

regression and linear models
by richard b. darlington
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6479|Communist Republic of CA, USA
One Bullet Away by Nathaniel Ficks.  It's about becoming a USMC Officer.  Also Generation Kill by Evan Wright.  It's about the First Recon Battalion in Iraq.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6479|Communist Republic of CA, USA

seymorebutts443 wrote:

mcgid1 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

ditto also "The Hostage" by W.B. Griffon and for the 5 th time "Rainbow Six" Tom Clancy
Rainbow Six is an excellent read.  Rather long but worth every page.
Rainbow Six was very very good. just finished Next. i was reading this one book by this guy i forgot his name. it was all about how the Japanese invaded russia for oil and it follows the stories of a squadron of a US F-22 pilots, a soviet diesel sub captain, a Japanese pilot who is friends with the American squadron leader, and a soviet Su-37 pilot. very very good book.
Fortunes of War by Stephen Coonts.  Awesome read.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6640|Montreal, Qc, Canada
5150, rue des ormes

I live in quebec = french book   but its an EXCELLENT
autopilot
banned
+115|6349

The Seawolf - Jack London
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Y'know, I don't know why Tom Clancy is considered to be such a good writer. I mean, the plots and stories are good, but the man cannot write.
I have tried to read several of his books, but the terrible writing style turned me away before the plot sunk it's claws in. I'm sure I'll attempt his work again - to save time, can someone suggest the Tom Clancy novel generaly reckognised as the best one?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
cospengle
+140|6488|Armidale, NSW, Australia

ScarletPimpFromHell wrote:

So what are you reading at the moment ?
BF2S forums
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6547|Doncaster, UK
Crown of Swords - Book Seven of the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, and fuck me if he isn't running out of ideas to write about. I hold out little hope for books 8-11.

I've also got "The Rik Mayall: Bigger Than Hitler, Better Than Christ" on the go as well. Funny man.
Superglueman
+21|6361|The Great South Land

jimbo21 wrote:

The Silmarillion (Tolkien)
i'm having a rough time with it too!!! hard book to read
My wife and i just read that too, your not wrong about it being complex, dont worry the hobbit is a nice relief(no timelines,kings..etc)
Mogura
+17|6364|EUROPE
im reading The Wheel of Time series, from Robert Jordan. im at number 11 right now ;-)
I LOVE HEROIC FANTASY ;-)
vassili
+66|6524
I'm in school atm so its ehh
[dutch]Standaard RAW bepaling gww[/dutch]
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6503|Houston, TX

Ty wrote:

Y'know, I don't know why Tom Clancy is considered to be such a good writer. I mean, the plots and stories are good, but the man cannot write.
I have tried to read several of his books, but the terrible writing style turned me away before the plot sunk it's claws in. I'm sure I'll attempt his work again - to save time, can someone suggest the Tom Clancy novel generaly reckognised as the best one?
I have never heard someone say this before about Tom Clancy.  He is by far my favorite writer, and one of the greats.  Perhaps his writing style conflicts with your education / cultural reading styles?  The man really can write.  What books of his have you tried to read?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6547|Doncaster, UK

Mogura wrote:

im reading The Wheel of Time series, from Robert Jordan. im at number 11 right now ;-)
Well hopefully book 7 is just a bad book in an otherwise good series because I've nearly finished it and I'm still waiting for something significant to happen.

And is it just me, or does he name his characters too much alike. A lot of the women have almost the same names with just a couple of letters swapped about. It's gets damn confusing at times.
cospengle
+140|6488|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Superglueman wrote:

jimbo21 wrote:

The Silmarillion (Tolkien)
i'm having a rough time with it too!!! hard book to read
My wife and i just read that too, your not wrong about it being complex, dont worry the hobbit is a nice relief(no timelines,kings..etc)
I tried reading that after reading The Hobit and The Lord Of The Rings. It's hard to read because it was pieced together by Tolkein's son after his death. It's really nice to read of a few paragraphs and then the style changes suddenly and you think you've missed a line or something. I only got half-way through. It was a good story though, you just have to be a Tolkein fanatic to get through it I think.

Last edited by cospengle (2007-01-24 02:32:41)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6557
'A History of Modern Iran Since 1921: The Pahlavis & After' by Ali Ansari

Next book will be:

'Battle for Spain: The Spanish Civil War 1936-1939' by Anthony Beevor
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6756
Stanisław Lem - Tales of Pirx the Pilot
Ive had beter reads than this. My big time favourite is Isaac Asimov's Foundation , Caves of Steel, The Naked Sun and the Robots of Dawn.

Last edited by (HUN)Rudebwoy (2007-01-24 02:36:45)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
Enemy at the Gates by William Craig
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6629|Muenster, Germany
"Necropolis" a collection of stories written by Clark Ashton Smith
Mogura
+17|6364|EUROPE

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Mogura wrote:

Well hopefully book 7 is just a bad book in an otherwise good series because I've nearly finished it and I'm still waiting for something significant to happen.

And is it just me, or does he name his characters too much alike. A lot of the women have almost the same names with just a couple of letters swapped about. It's gets damn confusing at times.
well i agree its not the most orginal writer ever :p and i agree that after few first books it slow down and there is a lot of secondari people and actions , he get far away from prinipal action. it need little patience, and its sayd that he is writing a 1 last book ( aroung 2000 pages ) who will over the series ( me i have to wait until it is finished, go out and then translated in french   )

well i have little choice, when you finish reading tolkien and few others , you have no choice than start reading second choice writers ;-) BUT the one that is realy good is Terry Goodkind and his series of Sword of True
im still waiting for the boog 6 and others to be translated in french

WHY THEY NEED SO MUCH TIME TO TRANSLATE
spacepelle
Kniven Gaffeln Skeden
+37|6667|Sweden
"snow" by Orhan Pamuk
read it if you havent, its good.
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6548|the best galaxy
Zecharia Sitchin "Genesis revisited -
is modern science catching up with ancient knowledge?"