Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6339

Well, I was looking at my stats last night, and I only have an Accuracy of 17.86%. I then proceeded to look at the accuracy for each weapon and thought to myself, I got 30%+ with some and 14%- with others...So this lead me to believe that now, being better then I was when I first made this account, if I began using the weapons I have poor accuracy with again, will it drastically boost the accuracy rate after a few games?

This goes the same for Kits, I am .8 and .8 with Spec, and Anti-tank...But 1.3 + with most the others. So using these two kits, and with just the knowledge of knowing I have to be more accurate and not spray and pray while using them, will help boost K/D ratio.

So here are some tips I was thinking of:

-Get in Armor/Apc/Jet to boost K/D ratio with whatever kit. I believe this is within the limits of the game. And not considered real 'Stat Padding' like the K/P servers.

-Stay in a squad with the said kit that needs improvement, chances are you will stay alive more, and after dying, and getting revived by squad member, your next death does not count towards K/D ratio, nor any after.

-Get on heavily populated air maps with said kit, and stay in AA, or get in AA tank. Stay within cover of a close building or trees, and don't drive around much. If you want, turn your volume up/use good headphones and wait until you hear the sound of a jet, then JUMP in the AA tank. They wont notice you as easily.Take down as many jets/heli's as possible.

-Use your pistol when you are out of ammo in a close fire fight. I recommend changing one of your mouse buttons to switch to pistol immediately. This has saved my life in the game many times. And it improves K/D ratio and Accuracy (pistol is pretty damn accurate)

-If you want to work on K/D ratio, get on a 24/7 Jalalabad server as Mec, and be sniper kit. This map requires USA to run a LONG way to get to a flag thus giving you a chance to take a lot of them out. I have gone 30+ kills with less then 10 deaths this way. Snipers are annoying enough I agree. So I want to add I am not a claymore whore!

--------------------------

Well this is all I have thought of so far. I wanted to help improve everybody's K/D ratio, because I know how annoying it is/stressful to always get killed. Especially by say someone with less body armor then you even if your Assault or Support!

If someone can provide a tip, or photos on how to deal with recoil on some guns, that would be helpful. Right now I seem to get more kills on single shot. I fire rapidly and adjust for recoil.

Any other tips we can provide for the community?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6731|California

I just magically got better after I was a 2nd Lt.

But I have tips:
  • Play Special Forces - Its superior to Vanilla
  • Dont use unlocks - Helps to gain a skillbase
  • Whore - Use nades/GL/vehicles (anything but claymores) To gain an advantage
  • Karkand - Don't play it
  • Squads - Use them
  • VOIP - Use it
  • If you suck, get better

essentially yours, but blunt

Last edited by stryyker (2007-01-18 15:59:48)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6339

I must have covered them all.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6601|Reisterstown, MD

Using AR seems to be the easiest way to improve ur overall accuracy. 
simmy.uk
+117|6448
What's the point tank whoring just to improve the k/d stats for certain kits?
Isn't it better to improve the stats for individual weopons?
Skorpy-chan
+127|6356|Twyford, UK
Practice.
I{endo
+20|6427|berlin
play sniper only.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6638|Warlord
Global accuracy isn't anything to get hung up on, but if anyone is interested in it see: Want to improve your global accuracy?

Im_Dooomed wrote:

-Stay in a squad with the said kit that needs improvement, chances are you will stay alive more, and after dying, and getting revived by squad member, your next death does not count towards K/D ratio, nor any after.
Except for maybe a spec ops guy making it his mission to go after the commander's assets or a sniper playing solo, everyone should play in a squad all the time.

Im_Dooomed wrote:

-Get on heavily populated air maps with said kit, and stay in AA, or get in AA tank. Stay within cover of a close building or trees, and don't drive around much. If you want, turn your volume up/use good headphones and wait until you hear the sound of a jet, then JUMP in the AA tank. They wont notice you as easily.Take down as many jets/heli's as possible.
This could work in some ways but your SPM will suffer; that's a lot of time sitting around not doing anything.

Im_Dooomed wrote:

-Use your pistol when you are out of ammo in a close fire fight. I recommend changing one of your mouse buttons to switch to pistol immediately. This has saved my life in the game many times. And it improves K/D ratio and Accuracy (pistol is pretty damn accurate)
Yes this'll improve your KDR (a little) but the accuracy for the pistol will be what it is for whoever is using it, depending on their tendency to panic "OMG, he's right on top of me!" and whether they spam the bullets and whether they have really good aim (also, it's very common to take double- or triple-taps when the first bullet has done the job, so the second and third bullets count as misses since they hit a corpse).

Most people's accuracy for the pistol seems to be around 20-25% and there's little you can do to increase this greatly; and it would appear, little need to.

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Any other tips we can provide for the community?
Play smart, not hard.

Be realistic about your skills: if you're not one of those with cat-like reflexes and great aim don't play like they do; you can't, so don't try.

Play your own way: hang back if necessary, use accurate weapons at range instead of trying to take out an entire squad solo at bayonet distance.

Play to your strengths: use the kit you like the most, most, and if you want to work on things you're weaker at and you're worried about your stats practice in singleplayer and in unranked servers.

Always keep an eye on the overall tactical situation and if necessary go on a solo mission to cap a flag in the rear/flank, forming a new squad on the way so there's a tiny chance someone will spawn on you to help (remember: flags are life in this game). If you're down to a single flag you're going to get hammered and not only will you usually lose but your KDR will suffer, for obvious reasons (especially in normal mode with artie, armour and air vehicles to contend with).
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6638|Warlord

stryyker wrote:

• Play Special Forces - Its superior to Vanilla
This definitely works.

stryyker wrote:

Sounds good on paper but you're not thinking it through. If you want to improve you should use the best gun at your disposal, period. Some of the unlocks are very accurate, or more damaging, or both, than the stock gun for a side so if they're available... which they are since we're not talking about training for competitive matches... it makes sense to use them. Case in point: SVD is a stock gun. This faces enemy snipers armed with the M24; I don't think any clearer example that there's sometimes a need to use an unlock to even approach parity is needed, especially on vanilla maps where longer ranges are more common.

stryyker wrote:

Whoring 'nades is okay but doing it with claymores is cheap? Killing the enemy is the goal.

Anyway, use clays on flags, then nobody can bitch* about them being overused.

*Achem: legitimately bitch.

killer21 wrote:

Using AR seems to be the easiest way to improve ur overall accuracy.
How so?
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6474|A W S M F O X
I have 33.17% accuracy, i just didnt wildy fire, is all, and played sniper alot.

also, ALWAYS shoot at choppers with rife, your accuracy does improve, even better, use LMG!!!!!!
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6721|Sweden

JET_G raidensen wrote:

also, ALWAYS shoot at choppers with rife, your accuracy does improve, even better, use LMG!!!!!!
maybe you take stats to serious if you gain your accuracy that way. after all they are only stats and don´t tell everything about the players so called skill.

Edit: sure LMG does some damage against choppers but in most cases you will be gunned down in seconds starting to spray like that.

Last edited by madmurre (2007-01-19 05:32:46)

Barrakuda777
+86|6747|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Shoot less, hit more.

Know the map like the back of your hand and ensure you maximise your kits strengths - sniper CQB = bad etc...

Kooda

P.S. 30 for 10 sniper is not any different from a good medic / assault players ratio.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6560|EUtopia | Austria
G36E

Nothing more to add.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6474|A W S M F O X

madmurre wrote:

JET_G raidensen wrote:

maybe you take stats to serious if you gain your accuracy that way. after all they are only stats and don´t tell everything about the players so called skill.

Edit: sure LMG does some damage against choppers but in most cases you will be gunned down in seconds starting to spray like that.
lol, i really do it because of the number of times you sometimes get the kill!

and i like being in top 20 in my country fro something, is that something YOU can say!~? lol.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6663|pimelteror.de
Practice with your first account and then start a new one to show your shiny stats
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6659|Norway
shoot at the enemy uav with a saw
nonexistentusmc
+26|6456|Queens, NYC
Don't spray and pray. Most of the time, the opponent will be too scared to even shoot straight at distance. I recently upped my support kit using the PKM and haters left and right have been whining how accurate I am with the PKM. Well BS, single shoot that sucker and 1 hit will kill you if placed properly. 1 shot 1 kill means 100% accurate for that 1 shot, similar to sniper. When I was playing sniper kit, my acc was up to 35% overall, went down because I've been trying to up my badges recently.

Main point in case is relax and be steady, practice the weapon and know where the first shot goes. Almost all the time, the first shot will hit the same place once everything is steadied(no moving, weapon or body). Second, do not spray like its the end of the world. Not only will you miss, but it will direct attention to you because of sound or tracers, so now instead of trying to only kill one, you're now fighting against 2 or more.

As you improve with each weapon, you will not need to tank whore or jet whore to get your KD up. Just move fast and carefully, complete situational awareness, dont pay attention to the UAV, keep your eye open for the enemy, not the radar, its a distraction. First to shoot straight and hit, wins.

What I mentioned above is mainly for distance engagements. For close engagements with each other heading towards one another, aim for the mid section as your recoil tends to move the weapon up. If you aim for the head, you will miss after the first 3 shots. All of these weapons are accurate, people just need to learn how to control their trigger happy fingers.

Oorah!
cablecopulate
+449|6749|Massachusetts.

stryyker wrote:

But I have tips:
Don't those two contradict each other?
ssonrats
+221|6656
It's a game lol.
Herbnosis
+4|6455

Im_Dooomed wrote:

-If you want to work on K/D ratio, get on a 24/7 Jalalabad server as Mec, and be sniper kit. This map requires USA to run a LONG way to get to a flag thus giving you a chance to take a lot of them out. I have gone 30+ kills with less then 10 deaths this way. Snipers are annoying enough I agree. So I want to add I am not a claymore whore!
Jump into a Jalalabad server when I'm playing my second account, and you'll go 30 and 0.

Oh right, you can get accuracy my second account did, but that's NOT why I did it--paddles only (for kills and revives) is just a fun way for me to play.  In fact, I wish they would exclude Defib stats from accuracy because it's really cheap.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6632|Gold coast, Aus.

Stormscythe wrote:

G36E

Nothing more to add.
Also works if you, for some reason, need to obtain AIDs
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6632|Gold coast, Aus.

ssonrats wrote:

It's a game lol.
This is a gaming site lol.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6820|Marathon, Florida Keys
shoot at vehicles with enemies in them, big targets, easy to hit.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
bucfan609
+9|6357|Queen Creek, AZ USA
Nobody is talking much about kill death ratio. Mine sucks now, but is getting better.

Pistol/Knife servers are a great way to get a higher k/d ratio because everyone wants to revive to get points so you won't be charged a death even though for a short bit...you were. Last night was on a server and had 35 kills 5 deaths and I am not that accurate.

As far as accuracy, follow most of the instructions above me.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6339

Lots of good tips, I always wondered if it would be a good idea to shoot at tanks/choppers a lot, I know they are easy to hit .  If I can get close enough I always stab someone. Thats 100% accuracy for a kill right?   Jalalabad is still my best pick for sniping.

Here is another tip also a question...I have found I kick ass on IO on Karkand as Engineer with the M11-87 Pump Shotgun. I get so many kills that way....But here is the question, since it is spray shot....Even if its 1 shot 1 kill, doesn't that mess up my accuracy because so much of it misses? My accuracy is 11% with the shotgun....But I get so many kills with it?

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2007-01-28 18:27:15)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard