Sir.Aguilera
+1|6282
Hi! I've just bought and downloaded Euro Force. But when I'm going to play in any of the three maps Operation Smoke Screen, Taraba Quarry or Great Wall I get the following message.

This server allows players with unmodified content to join. Revert your version of battlefield 2 to the current official version to join!

WTF??

I tryed reinstalling 1.41 pacth but still get the message.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

uninstall your hacks

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2007-01-15 10:57:56)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Sir.Aguilera
+1|6282
I dont use hacks,
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Sir.Aguilera wrote:

I dont use hacks,
then try reinstalling or do as they hope .......move to 2142
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
BanG89
as good as me you never will be
+9|6722|Nederland
try to reinstal both bf2 and euroforce and then repatch
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

I always get that. Reinstalling patches fixes it.

My BF2 install sequence that makes it all work goes something like:

Install BF2, install patch 1.1 and SF, install patch 1.4, install EF, install patch 1.4 again, install patch 1.41.

Long and awkward, but it works for me.
Sir.Aguilera
+1|6282
I don't have SF in that case do I skip patch 1.1?? just reinstalling bf2 installing EF and patch 1.41 ?

Bertster7 wrote:

I always get that. Reinstalling patches fixes it.

My BF2 install sequence that makes it all work goes something like:

Install BF2, install patch 1.1 and SF, install patch 1.4, install EF, install patch 1.4 again, install patch 1.41.

Long and awkward, but it works for me.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality
YES but use 1.41 not 1.4
you can also install AF (if you have it) before the second 1.41

bf2, 1.41, AF/EF, 1.41
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Sir.Aguilera
+1|6282
Hey thank so much, it worked. !

Stubbee wrote:

YES but use 1.41 not 1.4

bf2, 1.41, AF/EF, 1.41
Sir.Aguilera
+1|6282
hey, it worked with the patch 1.4 since this patch installs itself smoothly, unfortunately few servers now run with this version. Every time I try to install 1.41 it says Patch Failed. even though im able to play bf2 with the last version servers but with this patch I get the same message, this server allows etc..... Do you know anything about this patch failing?

Stubbee wrote:

YES but use 1.41 not 1.4

bf2, 1.41, AF/EF, 1.41
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Sir.Aguilera wrote:

I dont use hacks,
One of my friends bought 2142. If any more follow him, I may be forced to do it also.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-16 02:44:38)

Phrozenbot
+632|6586|do not disturb

Sir.Aguilera wrote:

hey, it worked with the patch 1.4 since this patch installs itself smoothly, unfortunately few servers now run with this version. Every time I try to install 1.41 it says Patch Failed. even though im able to play bf2 with the last version servers but with this patch I get the same message, this server allows etc..... Do you know anything about this patch failing?

Stubbee wrote:

YES but use 1.41 not 1.4

bf2, 1.41, AF/EF, 1.41
EA's answer would be that sometimes in the patching process some core files can get corrupted, and the only way to fix that would to be a clean install. Snake may have the exact details on this one. Anyways, sorry for your troubles.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Sir.Aguilera wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

YES but use 1.41 not 1.4

bf2, 1.41, AF/EF, 1.41
EA's answer would be that sometimes in the patching process some core files can get corrupted, and the only way to fix that would to be a clean install. Snake may have the exact details on this one. Anyways, sorry for your troubles.
Yea, I had that exact problem. The patching process patched every game, but not EF. I mailed EA Support and they were actually (shock horror) very helpful. It turned out that there was a corrupt file, which effectively failed the installing of the patch onto EF.

I posted their reply in this topic, located here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 9#p1120289

But, Ill put it here too

EA wrote:

I apologize for the difficulties that you are having with Battlefield 2. This error occurs if there is a file corruption with one of the game files which is usually casued by an improper patching of the game. You will need to uninstall and reinstall Battlefield 2 as well as all of the expansion and booster packs that you have.

You can manually uninstall the game by removing the files and registry keys associated with it.  Be sure to follow these steps exactly as they appear to prevent accidental file/program deletion on your system.

To delete the save files:

1.      Open My Documents.
  2.      Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.

(I RECOMMEND BACKING THIS UP IF YOU HAVE SCREENSHOTS, LOCALISATION, DEMOS, PROFILES ETC THAT YOU WANT TO KEEP)

To delete the game files (in the default location):

1.      Open My Computer.
  2.      Open the C drive.
  3.      Open the Program Files folder.
  4.      Open the EA GAMES folder.
  5.      Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
  6.      Close all open windows.
  7.      Right-click on the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.

To edit the registry and remove Battlefield 2:

1.      Click on the Start button.
  2.      Click on Run.
  3.      Type regedit in the text field.
  4.      Click File and then choose Export.
  5.      Name the file Backup and make sure the Export Range is set to All.
  6.      Click Save; you will now be returned to the Registry Editor window.
  7.      Click the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
  8.      Click the plus sign next to Software.
  9.      Click the plus sign next to DICE.
10.      Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
11.      Right-click on the Battlefield 2: Special Forces folder and choose Delete.
11.      Right-click on the Battlefield 2: Armoured Fury folder (if applicable) and choose Delete.
12.      Click the plus sign next to Electronic Arts and again on the EA Games and EA Core folder.
13.      Right-click and choose Delete on any Battlefield 2 folders.
14.      Click the plus sign next to Microsoft.
15.      Click the plus sign next to Windows.
16.      Click the plus sign next to CurrentVersion.
17.      Click the plus sign next to Uninstall.
18.      Right-click on the key named {04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B} and choose Delete.
19.      A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
20.      Repeat steps 18 & 19 for the key named {50D4CB89-AF34-4978-96DC-C3034062E901}
21.      Close the WindowsRegistry Editor.
22.      Go to the following folder: C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information (If you cannot find this folder you may have to go to Tools > Folder Settings and click the setting to “SHOW hidden folders.”)
23.      Find the folders with the exact same values as the registry keys above and delete them.
24.      Empty the recycle bin once more.

After uninstalling Battlefield 2. Please reinstall it as well as the expansions and add-ons in the following order:

1. First installed Battlefield 2.
  2. Next install Battlefield 2: Special Forces.(if applicable)
  3. Install the latest full 1.41 patch after installing Special Forces.
  4. Next install Battlefield 2: Euro Force.(if applicable)
  5. Next install Battlefield 2: Armored Fury.(if applicable)
  6. Install the latest 1.41 full patch.
That is a completely manual uninstall and reinstall of BF2.

Try that, I did it and it worked perfectly. All games worked (vanilla/SF/EF/AF) and the patch never failed.
And, the bonus was that I got to try out the vintage BF2 V1.00 before I patched up
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6353|California

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Sir.Aguilera wrote:

I dont use hacks,
2142 sucks, Vanilla BF2 + Expansions FTW!
Sir.Aguilera
+1|6282
Hey Snake!!! Thank you ever so much! It worked! no patch fail and i was able to play EF. You've been very helpful. I wish I could give you karma points but system says that I do not have enough posts to give karma. Anyways! thanks again!!

Snake wrote:

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Sir.Aguilera wrote:

Yea, I had that exact problem. The patching process patched every game, but not EF. I mailed EA Support and they were actually (shock horror) very helpful. It turned out that there was a corrupt file, which effectively failed the installing of the patch onto EF.

I posted their reply in this topic, located here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1120289#p1120289

But, Ill put it here too

EA wrote:

I apologize for the difficulties that you are having with Battlefield 2. This error occurs if there is a file corruption with one of the game files which is usually casued by an improper patching of the game. You will need to uninstall and reinstall Battlefield 2 as well as all of the expansion and booster packs that you have.

You can manually uninstall the game by removing the files and registry keys associated with it.  Be sure to follow these steps exactly as they appear to prevent accidental file/program deletion on your system.

To delete the save files:

1.      Open My Documents.
  2.      Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.

(I RECOMMEND BACKING THIS UP IF YOU HAVE SCREENSHOTS, LOCALISATION, DEMOS, PROFILES ETC THAT YOU WANT TO KEEP)

To delete the game files (in the default location):

1.      Open My Computer.
  2.      Open the C drive.
  3.      Open the Program Files folder.
  4.      Open the EA GAMES folder.
  5.      Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
  6.      Close all open windows.
  7.      Right-click on the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.

To edit the registry and remove Battlefield 2:

1.      Click on the Start button.
  2.      Click on Run.
  3.      Type regedit in the text field.
  4.      Click File and then choose Export.
  5.      Name the file Backup and make sure the Export Range is set to All.
  6.      Click Save; you will now be returned to the Registry Editor window.
  7.      Click the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
  8.      Click the plus sign next to Software.
  9.      Click the plus sign next to DICE.
10.      Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
11.      Right-click on the Battlefield 2: Special Forces folder and choose Delete.
11.      Right-click on the Battlefield 2: Armoured Fury folder (if applicable) and choose Delete.
12.      Click the plus sign next to Electronic Arts and again on the EA Games and EA Core folder.
13.      Right-click and choose Delete on any Battlefield 2 folders.
14.      Click the plus sign next to Microsoft.
15.      Click the plus sign next to Windows.
16.      Click the plus sign next to CurrentVersion.
17.      Click the plus sign next to Uninstall.
18.      Right-click on the key named {04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B} and choose Delete.
19.      A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
20.      Repeat steps 18 & 19 for the key named {50D4CB89-AF34-4978-96DC-C3034062E901}
21.      Close the WindowsRegistry Editor.
22.      Go to the following folder: C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information (If you cannot find this folder you may have to go to Tools > Folder Settings and click the setting to “SHOW hidden folders.”)
23.      Find the folders with the exact same values as the registry keys above and delete them.
24.      Empty the recycle bin once more.

After uninstalling Battlefield 2. Please reinstall it as well as the expansions and add-ons in the following order:

1. First installed Battlefield 2.
  2. Next install Battlefield 2: Special Forces.(if applicable)
  3. Install the latest full 1.41 patch after installing Special Forces.
  4. Next install Battlefield 2: Euro Force.(if applicable)
  5. Next install Battlefield 2: Armored Fury.(if applicable)
  6. Install the latest 1.41 full patch.
That is a completely manual uninstall and reinstall of BF2.

Try that, I did it and it worked perfectly. All games worked (vanilla/SF/EF/AF) and the patch never failed.
And, the bonus was that I got to try out the vintage BF2 V1.00 before I patched up
Nd4Spdr
Stuck in the Dirty Souf way too long...
+10|6682|ATL
I'll +1 him for you since I have the same problem:)
Killya
+4|6261
Thanks for the info, guys.  I guess I won't be playing Euro Forces again anytime soon as I don't feel like wasting an entire day reinstalling all that junk (BF2, SF, EF, AF, patch)
Chorcai
+49|6618|Ireland
All ya have to do is clear your cache files... *rolls eyes*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard