URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6626|inside the recesses of your...
Was someone bored?  I was just curious why we were running that map last night.

Last edited by URE_DED (2007-01-04 08:07:44)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6656|Washington DC

URE_DED wrote:

Was someone bored?  I was just curious why we were running that map last night.
*I need to have a conversation with a couple of moderators*
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6758|Chicago.
I have an explination. Downy and I wanted to get a game going, so he switched the server back to a Kubra/Dragon set up. But with the low numbers of players we had (arround 11 or 12), Kubra took over an hour for a single round. We were getting bored, and I was one of the few who first suggested we load up some sort of city map. It was either Karkand, Mashtuur, or Sharqi. We had some misunderstanding as to how to load the maps, seeing as how they were'nt in the profile we currently had running. Well, I guess Downy figured it out because soon, Silent started a vote for Karkand, which passed quickly. It was up and running, and we had come good competition. I played untill about 11:45 central, which is when it died down.

If there is a problem, I guess I am partially to blame, seeing as how I wanted to play Karkand. But in our defense, all Downy and I were trying to do is get a game going, and we succeeded for over 3 hours.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6604|Seattle

Yeah, I need a little instruction on how to switch maps etc. My first attempt, the server was empty...so I paused the server, changed the welcome message to just say BF2s (removed the Armored Fury message), then messed with the armored fury mapset which was obviously not the right way to do it and needs to be changed back to the correct maps. I think I figured it out now. I'll xfire ya orange to explain more. Sorry for being such a noob

But hey, we got a game going! Lots of familiar faces on last night. WHERE WERE YOU DOG? Woot!!
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin

King_County_Downy wrote:

Yeah, I need a little instruction on how to switch maps etc. My first attempt, the server was empty...so I paused the server, changed the welcome message to just say BF2s (removed the Armored Fury message), then messed with the armored fury mapset which was obviously not the right way to do it and needs to be changed back to the correct maps. I think I figured it out now. I'll xfire ya orange to explain more. Sorry for being such a noob

But hey, we got a game going! Lots of familiar faces on last night. WHERE WERE YOU DOG? Woot!!
I have had hell week so far...

I had a third party vendor call me "arrogant, unprofessional, and unethical" and that was just for doing my job.  So I crashed last night after playing a little Madden.  I'll try to be back tonight and definitely this weekend.  Oh, I also started going to the gym again this week so I'm too weak to push a mouse or twist a joystick...
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6604|Seattle

Well, I hope the rest of your week goes better ded

I just reconfigured the armored fury mapset back to how it was so everything should be good on the server. Let me know if you guys see anything wierd
OrangeHound

King_County_Downy wrote:

I just meant that as admins are getting "promoted" with higher powers - particularly the power to create and switch map sets - we need to have an agreement as to when and how these map sets are changed ... and keep them consistent with what we advertise. 

Yea, I saw that the Dragon & Kubra was humming last night.  That's great!   Me?  I'm still hanging out on a local TOW/HJ-8 trying to get that expert ground defense (legitimately, without being commander).  Just last night I figured out how to zero a couple of positions ... pissed off a couple of guys wondering how I was hitting them from such a long distance with the TOW. 
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin

OrangeHound wrote:

Me?  I'm still hanging out on a local TOW/HJ-8 trying to get that expert ground defense (legitimately, without being commander).  Just last night I figured out how to zero a couple of positions ... pissed off a couple of guys wondering how I was hitting them from such a long distance with the TOW. 
Very nice, Orange.  You have the patience of Methuselah, man.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

You'd have better luck getting numbers in your server if you changed the server name to reflect that it's running armored fury.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6604|Seattle

Hurricane wrote:

You'd have better luck getting numbers in your server if you changed the server name to reflect that it's running armored fury.
Hmm. Yeah, that's my fault. I changed the server title back to "Armored Fury!"

I knew I was forgetting something. Thanks Hurra~
cablecopulate
+449|6745|Massachusetts.
For expert ground defense, try playing IO Jalalabad. Play as MEC and take one of the mounted guns at the Outpost. The one on the left always works for me. I got veteran there and 1 kil shy of expert in the same round. Crappy USMC teams that do not push forward will not help you get that award.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6665|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
whats wrong with karkand hmmmmm
SilentscoutIX
BF2s US Server Admin
+91|6395|Vancouver, BC, Canada
GL with getting expert legit dude. I'm serious when I say that, I personally am too impatient to actually sit down and try to get it "properly". Tell us when you get it!
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6674

cablecopulate wrote:

For expert ground defense, try playing IO Jalalabad. Play as MEC and take one of the mounted guns at the Outpost. The one on the left always works for me. I got veteran there and 1 kil shy of expert in the same round. Crappy USMC teams that do not push forward will not help you get that award.
Not against us snipers.
OrangeHound

Ilocano wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

Not against us snipers.
Yea, that's my experience ... I've gotten 13 on IO Karkand in the towers, but I've found limited opportunities because someone will always become sniper and just pick me apart.  Same with Wake. 

I may try the IO Jalalabad, but I think the TOWs/HJ-8s are the best opportunity ... I've got to be aggressive and have the right environment.

(Actually, I'm taking a few days off from my Expert Ground Defense pursuit ... burned out ... gonna play some Rome Total War).
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

If you're trying to get it legit, then go on a Jalalabad server (16 man map) and go to Mosque and sit in the ground defense LMG. Gun down anyone that runs at you.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6758|Chicago.

Hurricane wrote:

If you're trying to get it legit, then go on a Jalalabad server (16 man map) and go to Mosque and sit in the ground defense LMG. Gun down anyone that runs at you.
A keen headshot position for me whenever I can get to that cp. lol.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6674

BigmacK wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

A keen headshot position for me whenever I can get to that cp. lol.
I've killed plenty of guys who don't know how to use this ground defense.  PKM works nicely sniping...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard