Muslim1%1% - 1
Jewish1%1% - 1
Hindu3%3% - 2
Other6%6% - 4
Total: 65
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6693|United States of America
Most of the people I see here who are atheists now say that they became that way because "I didn't understand _________" or as a teenage rebellion thing. This is a way to see what influences you had and how you became the way you are.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6768|San Antonio, Texas
My mother is Catholic and my father is Lutheran. I am Lutheran.

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2007-01-03 10:08:56)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6564
My mother was Catholic until relatively recently and my father was raised catholic but has basically always been an atheist (he only feigned belief and went to mass when we were kids at my mum's behest it transpired years later). All five of the family are now atheist although I think my mother may still believe in a 'god' but she doesn't prescribe to Catholicism anymore.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6454|The Land of Scott Walker
My father and mother are Christians.  My beliefs really became my own when I was a teenager and started more in depth research of my beliefs.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6539|The lunar module
Born to secular/atheist parents, am agnostic.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6432|Canuckistan
Hindu.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

Roman Catholic.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bahiti
Respect! Give it .. Get it!
+55|6657|Land of =KBK=
Mother was Southern Baptist and my dad is Presbyterian.  I was raised Southern Baptist but started rethinking all that was preached to me early in life.  I have my own beliefs and follow the path that I was intended to follow.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

I voted other because my dad is Catholic and my mom comes from a Mormon family.
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6590|Eastern USA
Jewish
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

SaladForks wrote:

Jewish
Dude, I love your sig picture.  It's the best Bush take-off yet. 
unholypoo
unholy what?
+10|6390
Pastafarian.
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6538|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia
Both my parents are Atheists, and I am also an athiest.

The only religious person in my family is my grandma who is an Anglican Christian.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6535|London (At Heart)

I suppose their christian, but noone in my family is actively religious.

You live, You die.

No after life as far as I am concerned, do you care that you can't remember anything before you were about 3 years old? I bet you don't, it's gonna be just like that
Snowmanimal
Not so unique forum title
+30|6551|My head
catholic + catholic and i am catholic
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6852|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Atheist parents, I'm atheist too w00t.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6336

I don't follow any religion, they all screw up the lives of other people, and have their own cult like followers, not all, some are mild christian, some are radicals, same as the muslims etc... Every radical thinks their books are the one way and true light, and other people need to follow with their 'books' teachings. (I have to admit this is mostly Christianity, not Muslims I don't think they want any converts)

You can believe in a God, but you don't have to follow any religion. God would never want anybody to HAVE to commit themselves to some group and follow the texts and teachings of that group. He just wants a person to be spirtiual enough to have believe in him. You don't have to go to a Church or a Mosque to speak with God, you can from home, from your heart and mind.  Developing a relationship with Him directly. Thats what he cares about.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6774|Cambridge (UK)
My parents: CofE (Church of England (i.e. Christian)).

Me: Skeptical-Agnostic-Atheist-non-believer.

Why: Because I opened my eyes and realised what complete and utter crock of shit religion is.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6693|United States of America

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Why: Because I opened my eyes and realised what complete and utter crock of shit religion is.
That's precisely the kind of utter disregard for others that I was hoping would pass over this topic.

Last edited by DesertFox423 (2007-01-03 13:39:25)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6774|Cambridge (UK)

DesertFox423 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

That's precisely the kind of utter disregard for others that I was hoping would pass over this topic.
Firstly, your original post stated that "Most of the people I see here who are atheists now say that they became that way because "I didn't understand _________" or as a teenage rebellion thing."

In my case it was not that I didn't understand, nor was it rebellion.

Secondly, your original post also stated "This is a way to see what influences you had and how you became the way you are."

So, I was just saying why it was that I became the way I am.

Thirdly, did I state anything about anyone who choose to hold religious beliefs?

No I did not.

Fourthly, this is just my opinion.

We are all entitled to hold and state whatever opinions we want to hold and state.

Lastly, I respect the right of others to hold whatever beliefs they wish to hold.

My opinion is about religion not those that hold religious beliefs.
LockerFish
+47|6714
I think the point is you attacked religion, and therefore are attacking believers in anything. Then again, you have a smilie smoking a joint in your signature so I would expect nothing more....
Scorpion0x17
+691|6774|Cambridge (UK)
No, attacking religion is not the same as attacking those that believe.

Just as attacking a scientific theory is not the same as attacking scientists.
LockerFish
+47|6714
You're saying that religions is a "complete and utter crock of shit" and that you "opened [your] eyes". You're saying that anyone who believes in any religion has their eyes closed and like they refuse to listen to any sort of reason. Not the case.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6774|Cambridge (UK)
No, that is not what I said, that is what you are reading into what I said.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6751|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
I'm a Roman Catholic, have been since before I was born, cause if there's one thing you can say about Catholics, is they'll take you as soon as your warm...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard