how do you swap your weapon whilst under attack

use middle mouse scroll key30%30% - 46
use number buttons56%56% - 87
or the quick back button1%1% - 3
Other?11%11% - 17
Total: 153
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6648|UK
i was just playing a few games and was constantly swapping my weapon, i use the middle mouse scroll, but am finding that sometimes i scroll to far and end up with a completely different weapon to the one i wanted, so was just wondering what you guys do, and is there a better way to do it??

Last edited by Rubix-Cubes (2007-01-02 21:24:34)

Dangles91
+7|6383
I have weapons set for the different buttons on my mouse,

So main weapon ( number 3 ) is set to the button on the right of my mouse.

Pistol ( number 2 ) is set to the left.

Knife ( number 1 ) set to the button on the scroll wheel.

this way i have quick easy access to weapons when i need them.
|CoR| Majik_Kracker
Anti-Tank Aficionado
+10|6692|Arizona, USA
I just use the scroll on the mouse. After a while you get so used to it you never mess up.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6641|Norway
https://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2197/mouseej0.jpg
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6618|Quebec city, Canada
I dont have 2142 but Im pretty sure it works the same as bf2

I always use the number buttons
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6699|67.222.138.85
Hello mr. medic

Number keys ftw, mouse ftl
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.
i have same mouse in the picture above^^
mouse wheel to scroll through weapons.
middle mouse button goes to the next weapon
front side goes to rifle
back side goes to pistol
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6752|San Antonio, Texas
I use both the buttons and the scroll wheel. Yeah, I'm different.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6754|Internet!
I use the middle mouse button (the button, not the scroll) for the defibrillator.

I use the other two for the squad screen/tac map and for the spotted-thing. (Commo-rose or something like that.)

As for weapon switching, I use number keys.
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6418|Browntown
I use middle mouse button for grenades, one side button for the rifle, and another one for AR rockets/AR shotgun.

The defib is moving the scroll wheel to the side, but that rarely works.
CackNBallz
+45|6735|Toronto, Canada

Fredrik wrote:

https://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2197/mouseej0.jpg
You either need to loosen your grip on the mouse or stop smacking it with your penis.

EDIT: Changed the url tags to img tags.

Last edited by CackNBallz (2007-01-02 22:39:22)

Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6641|Norway
Huh? lol
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6534|Winterpeg, Canada
he doesn't know that those are paint effects, sigh.

Anyways, I use # buttons in quick situations, scroll if i'm camping.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6641|Norway
Come on, i`m not the only one who smacks my mouse with my dick, am i? You guys do it to, right?
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6418|Browntown
Who doesn't?
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6754|Internet!
I don't. Sometimes it clicks and that closes out the pr0n I'm watching, which is entirely unacceptable. I use my desk now.
pinioncorp
1 Metre, 3 Rounds, 6 Misses?
+7|6416|Nobellius
__________________________________________________________________________________________
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

I used to use the scrollwheel on the mouse to do selections, but I always came up with the same problem - I'd go too fast, select the wrong item. Or I'd go to pull out the medpack and an enemy would come around the corner, leaving me in limbo. However, I had always used the scrollwheel for selections, so I had to force myself from using it.

Remove the key setting for scrolling weapons. This will force you to use the number buttons. Unfortuantely this also disables zooming on the sniper scope and rifle rockets, but it doesn't take long to get into habit, in which case you can put it back. When the option to scroll through weapons is there, you will use it, so this will force you to learn the number buttons and get used to using them in frantic situations.

Its really worth using the number buttons (or special setup, such as mouse buttons) for selecting weapons, the menu is really not efficient enough.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6518|Singapore

damn i need a better mouse like a G5..
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6534|Sammamish, WA
Quick back button? What?

Mousewheel for me. I use the arrow keys instead of WASD so I've remapped all the controls and there's no room to use numbers to switch weps.

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2007-01-03 00:29:54)

NZDeathBoy
+20|6692|Chch, New Zealand
I still use number keys for weapons etc. But i Have changed the nade to the 'f' butten, as i never used that for what it uesed to be used for. I find it works great. I hate scrolling.  Never get the weapon i want to get
psH
Banned
+217|6376|Sydney

JdeFalconr wrote:

Quick back button? What?
Nexttime when your on infantry, press F.

I use the buttons, i don't have some really fancy mouse, mine has 3 buttons, the wheel, and the left and right clicky thingys. The scroll wheel is only good for not when in a combat situation.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6513|Istanbul-Turkey
numbers
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
scroll wheel, very easy and i've grown accustomed to it so I can do it easily and accurately.
Anubis5289
Jaffa Kree
+55|6751|Campbeltown, Scotland
Numbers ftw!
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6752
Middle mouse button for main weapon, f for one gadget, v for the other, c for nades.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard