medievil 2 Total War series who has it?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6697|Antarctica
Here... its pretty good imo.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635
great game. great, but i honestly think Rome is way better.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6636|Camoran's Paradise
Good game.  Very similar to Rome.
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6366|Florida, USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

How it's like the same exact thing with way better graphics and less buggy with a couple new features and factions. Can you state why?
Mafia47
+27|6732|Chicago
Yey for taking over Europe and having 38974398743 crusades!
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6397|NSW, Australia

i had it but i think i threw it out
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

How it's like the same exact thing with way better graphics and less buggy with a couple new features and factions. Can you state why?
i like the idea of the roman senate.  you're right though, but Mediterranean history is way more interesting.
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6366|Florida, USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

i like the idea of the roman senate.  you're right though, but Mediterranean history is way more interesting.
Ok, I understand now. Like I like WW2 games instead of Futuristic game but they are different genre and taste same style and ideology.
Umibozu_IT
+15|6639|Italy
i couldn't miss it since i own all total war episodes, from shogun to rome, expansion packs included :p

i'm having great fun with it, i think the major improvement has been the graphics, it's awesome! as for rome i agree fplaying with romans factions was better but middle ages battles have no competitors :p just look at your feudal knights charging those poor farmers or have your long bows slaughter enemy infantry as they approach your stone walls rome was all about infatry battles

as for the game mechanics there have been major improvements like in every episode, imho the best being the ability to train more units per round depending on your settlement's level

and the music is awesome!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

Had it, enjoyed it, gave it to my son
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6623|Finland

Damn war against the Danes ate up all my resources, Poland is coming from the East, England from the West and the Pope gives me no love.. *Attacks Sicily with knights, crossbowmen and a bombard as trebuches' sling rotting cow corpses on the enemy*

Last edited by DonFck (2007-01-03 05:49:20)

I need around tree fiddy.
Umibozu_IT
+15|6639|Italy
well i was fighting the french when the danes and portoguese (!!!) came to block my ports and siege my towns... and the pope didn't say a word!

but now i have a whole army of yeoman archers, armoured swordsmen and feudal knights just outside paris... they only have to cross the border to lose theit capital
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6386|Evilsville
I still have to buy it actually.
I have all the other games, so I should get this one as well.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6590|S.C.
Medieval II is the best so far in the series, it builds little on game-play and structure, but whoa look at those graphics, my most played game at the moment.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6681|London, UK
With Portugal i pwned the world on easy of course and i loved this since iam not really a fan of Total War but cause portugal were on it
Umibozu_IT
+15|6639|Italy
how many factions can you play? i know it's like rome, you can play a campaign with the factions you destroy with the first 5 factions, but is every single nation playable? portoguese, polish, and so on?
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6681|London, UK
yup every1 except papal states, aztecs, Timurids, Mongols and Rebels

u can modify the scripts to let u play every1 or just beat all the factions first using Holy Roman Empire (GERMANY), England (Which iam doing now), France, Milan or Venice
MagiCandy
+18|6646
Damn Hungarians beat me to invading Poland!

Oh well, having the western half of Europe isn't so bad.

When the black death came, it just happens to kill all of my good generals/religious leaders! Leaving me with the crappy family leaders who suck with taxes and unrest.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6670|In You Endo- Stoke
Love the game ! much better than total war 1.
I just tend to lose all my family members the the dam inquistors! Dam you !

Played as england and france well so far,got my ass handed to me when i have tried playing as venice or the holy roman empire.
Umibozu_IT
+15|6639|Italy

bullit wrote:

yup every1 except papal states, aztecs, Timurids, Mongols and Rebels

u can modify the scripts to let u play every1 or just beat all the factions first using Holy Roman Empire (GERMANY), England (Which iam doing now), France, Milan or Venice
k thanks is like rome, i'll try to beat the factions fairly this time 'cause i know if i start editing the config files i'll end up cheating (like in rome i ended up paying 1000 $ per round to maintain a huge army :p

btw am i wrong or the I.A. in the strategic map is still crappy? i'm playing with venice (almost impossibile - no money to maintain army ) i'm allying with everyone and then suddenly the hungarians come down to siege Zagreb, a village with 500 inhabitants... what's the point in that? obviously they got their asses kicked but now i'm at war with them, and the pope doesn't say anything! (but when i attack other catholic factions the pope always blame me)

anyway of the first 5 factions i have to say england is the best, you have the chance of getting lots of regions without having to fight other factions, just rebels. i'm playing with venice now and it's almost impossible, first of all you simply don't get enough money to maintain a decent army, venice itself provides some income but it's not enough you need other cities to pay taxes for your army but you can't expand since you are surrounded by other factions except for 2 little miserable regions in the balcans.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6670|In You Endo- Stoke
Yeah i found venice extremely hard to play as..
On one side you have milanese and holy roman empire,on the other you have hungarians and below you the bystantines.And to the fact you have to move your cavalary across the sea to your main.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6380|New York
don't have it but i really want it. i am playing entirely too many games right now, it's probably best i don't have it yet.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Hallvard
+262|6514|North Norway

I love m2!
IMO it's the best game in the series
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6590|S.C.
My only problem with this game is that they have not entirely removed the clone armies, there are not enough variations in textures for the units so you have 3 or 4 or the same people repeated in the unit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard