Poll

So your Recon assaulting titan core do you

detonate your demopax on the core tk'ing everone there47%47% - 48
Wait till everyones moved away then detonate29%29% - 30
Cover the rear entrance so others can take core16%16% - 17
Stay out because you know you'll be tk'd if you enter6%6% - 7
Total: 102
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6676|Cardiff - Wales - UK
Seems i get tk'd a lot when trying to destroy the titan core so I was just wondering how people think Recon class should be used when assaulting the titan core.

My clan server auto bans for one round if your punished three times in the same round so you'll be surprised how many players get kicked for the first.
Microwave
_
+515|6686|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
And people punish....where's the logic in that?!   Helping your team....plank#1 runs in, gets TK'ed and PUNISHES!

I didn't realise everyone on teh webs was so spiteful!
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6687|UK
when attacking the core, i always run to the back door place 2 clays down 1 in the lobby 1 in the door way, then rdx the core, i try my best to make sure that no one is standing in front of the core, but you cant wait forever
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6404|Kyiv, Ukraine
If you see a recon throwing down RDX, quit humping the damned core and get behind the glass partitions.  That's what they're there for.  If that recon guy gets cut down when they come charging in for a counter attack, you may have just blown a chance to win the round.

Personally, I think anyone using RDX should be immune to TK punish for within 1 second of blowing a console or core.  Its so annoying the idiots that stand around and watch you plant your explosives and then sit there humping console or core like some kind of retarded poodle.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6557|Singapore
for some reasons...i always get blasted to death even though im standing behind the glass partitions....but i forgive them though...

when im recon...i plant my RDX and wait for the health of the core to deplete after the shooting and then blow it up and get the kill...dont really care the TKs
[RU]Grmbl
+9|6525|Russia

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

If you see a recon throwing down RDX, quit humping the damned core and get behind the glass partitions.  That's what they're there for.  If that recon guy gets cut down when they come charging in for a counter attack, you may have just blown a chance to win the round.

Personally, I think anyone using RDX should be immune to TK punish for within 1 second of blowing a console or core.  Its so annoying the idiots that stand around and watch you plant your explosives and then sit there humping console or core like some kind of retarded poodle.
Ditto!
MrEzeuss
+26|6421|Nethterlands (ZH)
You know the risk of going into the core-room. If you're blown up, don't whine, and realize that someone already got a negative on his score because of your ignorance, so leave it at that.
I only punish when a TK is on purpose (wanting a vehicle and shooting me to get to it first, or wanting me to leave a good (sniping) position).
I was on a team where the person who placed the RDX spammed alright/ok/etc three times before blowing the core. It's a quick method and even the people who just rushed in will hear it.

Maybe this method can be used by more people, it would lessen the 'misunderstandings' in the core-room.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6847|Belgium
Where's the option; I run in blow the damn core to hell with everyone, friend and foe, around it, killing all enemies but no friendlies because FF = OFF!

If I play Recon on Titan and intend to assault the enemy Titan Core/Consoles, I always play on an FF = OFF server. It's the smart thing to do, since too many brainless idiots seem to think that RDX-packs are gifts from Santa. Well I've got some news for them! They aren't, and Santa doesn't exist! lol

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2006-12-29 06:35:18)

Magius5.0
+106|6413|UMass Amherst

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

There are a lot of idiots in 2142, I've noticed, especially the core-humpers.  Could we get an insta-ban button for extreme cases of stupidity or something?  That'd be real nice, kthx.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6874|Reykjavík, Iceland.
The server I play on has punish option disabled, set on auto-forgive .

I prefer to Pilum the core anyway.
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6676|Cardiff - Wales - UK
I had a feeling the firsty one would be the most popular.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6524|N. Ireland
i tk everyone. core destruction is no exception to this proven method!!!
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6588|Brisbane, Aus

i've sat there for 3 minutes saying 'go go go' and telling them to move, try to blow them up when the emeny kills most of your team. or if you die come back with zeller sniper and take out the RDX
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6652|Gold coast, Aus.

james@alienware wrote:

And people punish....where's the logic in that?!   Helping your team....plank#1 runs in, gets TK'ed and PUNISHES!

I didn't realise everyone on teh webs was so spiteful!
No, just stupid.

And i tk everyone simply because its funny. Bodies and shit. Although, if theres too many of them and i will get kicked, I join each of their squads, and abuse them over VOIP pretty loudly. "YOU DUMBFUCK MOVE YOUR FUCKING ARSE."

Only reason VOIP is useful. To abuse people.
arson
+99|6668|New York

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

actually you have a better chance of survial if you just shoot the recon guy before he blows you all up.
dalexa
+4|6637|portugal

Stomper_40k wrote:

My clan server auto bans for one round if your punished three times in the same round so you'll be surprised how many players get kicked for the first.
that's one of the most stupid things to do... you should never have the punish vote on... why? because most of the time the stupid ones are the ones that get tked and it's their fault... if someone tk's on purpouse just report him to an admin or call a vote kick and write the reason... i always apologise if it's me who as the fault when tked...

about the recon... it's like... moooooveeeee....
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6840|Marathon, Florida Keys
i hang back by the edge of the titan, because i know the survivor pin is worth more than all the TKs, enemy APM's and C4, and the destruction of the core. So all you nubs go blow eachother up inside 
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
ZCaliber
+12|6542|Between Canada and Iowa
Plant C4, GTFO the Titan, wait until the enemy has cleaned out the core room then detonate, or blow it up when the core's health gets low.
psH
Banned
+217|6415|Sydney
FF=OFF FTW! NEVER play titan with FF, it just SUCKS! FF is really annoying, i don't know why they made it. To be careful? more realistic? AWWW cmon you see parachuting off 5 meters realistic?

To be more careful? lol, if it is to be careful then take it away and there will be no reason to be careful.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6524|N. Ireland
Yes.. wait for the core to go low then blow it. occassionally, i even get out and wait by the end so as soon as I blow I jump off, titan survival pin for me.
doc. josh
+48|6576
If hay arent smart enought to get out of the way so be it they die and they dont get the titan survival pin in the end... I think tking in reacterroom shouldent get u any minus points
samfink
+31|6586
simple- make it that in the reactor core room, FF=OFF on all servers hard-coded. alos, may i advise anyome, if you see RDX on the core, and it will blow the core, DO get ready to sue your sprint, so you can get the survival pin.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6580|UK

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

This man speaks the truth!

Martyn
Volatile
+252|6735|Sextupling in Empire

Doms wrote:

FF=OFF FTW! NEVER play titan with FF, it just SUCKS! FF is really annoying, i don't know why they made it. To be careful? more realistic? AWWW cmon you see parachuting off 5 meters realistic?

To be more careful? lol, if it is to be careful then take it away and there will be no reason to be careful.
FF=OFF servers are full of RDX spamming tards that run up to you in the titan and detonate RDX without dying.

It's like the old BF2 c4 spamming days.
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6382
I simply dont play Titan wth team killing on... i always play the servers with TK is OFF = the solution to all the core killing problems lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard