Poll

Would you play a mechwarrior mod for 2142???

Yes51%51% - 50
No30%30% - 30
wtf is mechwarrior?18%18% - 18
Total: 98
xWSxCriminalx
+40|6551
I've been toying with the idea of starting up a mechwarrior type mod for 2142. Many features would be 20+ different battlemechs, air vehicles and exo-skeletons (elementals). Not sure if i want to even push forward since much depends on what the community wants. Just curious if you guys would even play something like that.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6734|California

If they put the Mad Cat in, yes.
AchangelTyreal
360 owns my soul
+31|6523|Behind You
I would definitely play it.  It would be hard to really customize the mechs though wouldn't it?  I mean, there are only so many different types of weapons in bf2142, not to mention the maps would have to be friggin huge.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6658
2142 is a mechwarrior mod
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6463

wtf is mechwarrior? xD

Last edited by rabee2789b (2006-12-23 17:03:04)

Dr_Paulos236
+41|6410|England

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Oh don't be such a grumpy guts!

Roll with it Criminal, that sounds cool. Also, Madcat pwns!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6721|67.222.138.85
MadcatMkII is where it's at. Also, need a longbow and explosives for jihading mechs!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6734|California

If this is an idea for a mod, I can skin.
xWSxCriminalx
+40|6551
all the above mentioned mechs would be in the real fallback in all of this is that it wont be in true Mechwarrior style where you could customize your mech with different loadouts. I have no idea where to begin for coding that sortof thing in. However i have models for the following mechs

INNER SPHERE
Exoskeletons - Kanazuchi

Light Mechs-
FLE-4 Flea
LCT-1V Locust
OW-1A Owens
RVN-1X Raven
TRL-1L Tarantula
Wolfhound

Medium Mechs-
BSW-X1 Bushwhacker
CMA-1S Chimera
HSN-9F Hellspawn
UZL-3S Uziel
SR1-O Strider

Heavy Mechs-
AGS-2D Argus
BL6-KNT BlackKnight
CPLT-C3 Catapult
MAD-3R Marauder
RFL-3N Rifleman
TNS-4S Thanatos

Assault Mechs-
FNR-5 Fafnir
SD1-0 Sunder

Vehicles-
Challenger Tank
Partisan AA
SRM-Launcher

Air Vehicles-
CSR-V12 Corsair
LZF-R15 Luzifer
SPR-H5 Sparrow

CLAN TECHNOLOGY

Exoskeletons-
Elementals

Light Mechs-
Cougar
Osiris

Medium Mechs-
Blackhawk
Shadowcat
Ryoken

Heavy Mechs-
Mad Cat
Novacat
Thor-D
Vulture

Assault Mechs-
Bloodasp
Daishi
Mad Cat MK2
Masakari

Air-
Visigoth
Bashkir

Been working with these meshes for the last few months here, just trying to come up with an interesting gameplay type style.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6790|EUR
Perhaps you could make it counter strike  -esque

meaning that you could use the money earnt (doing certain objectives/killing etc.) to upgrade on better parts

throwing  idea.
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6556|Sammamish, WA
Good idea but I think if I want to play BattleTech I'll play some of the original games.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6420|NSW, Australia

we should have a jihad mod where people are always in cars loaded with bombs and click to jihad yourself...that would be fun
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6660

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

we should have a jihad mod where people are always in cars loaded with bombs and click to jihad yourself...that would be fun
yeah it would they should make that mod for bf2 lol you and your and your squad should get inside the car (different types) and chase and try to kill the other jihad cars by throwing nades or by throwing c4 down and waiting to explode.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6753|Omaha, Nebraska

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

brome
brap.
+244|6602|Accidental, TK

xWSxCriminalx wrote:

I've been toying with the idea of starting up a mechwarrior type mod for 2142. Many features would be 20+ different battlemechs, air vehicles and exo-skeletons (elementals). Not sure if i want to even push forward since much depends on what the community wants. Just curious if you guys would even play something like that.
Well the very best of luck to you, but I think that the last team to have attempted something like this (for BF2) ran into a serious roadblock in the form of hardcoding.  I'm not quite sure exactly what the problem was, but it prevented them from using mechs.  They also ended up being shunned by EA and as a result by most of the community.  All morale was lost and they gave up.  They were trying to make a futuristic mod for BF2, and I suppose EA was protecting its interests because of the upcoming 2142, but since 2142 is essentially the same game repackaged, you may have similar difficulties.

$0.02
Cheers and good luck
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6420|NSW, Australia

some one make a jihad mod
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6515|so randum
as long as the cougar is in, im in ! that thing pwned on mech w 4
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6388|Kyiv, Ukraine
Don't forget making them jump-jet capable...take the stats from the pods and make them the X button for the appropriate mech models.  You can then adjust the power of the jump jet activation similar to how they change it between regular and assault mode.  I only count 4 mechs on your modeling list that have inherent jump jets, but nothing says you can't add more.

Even if you just did Elementals, that would be the shiznit to add to the game without an overhaul.

MG arm (ATV top gun stats)
Rocket launcher shoulder boards (secondary fire, walker missile stats but only 2 at a time)
Jump capable (X key, launches itself just like a pod from an APC)
Running mode
Crouching mode
Armored (not sure how much, vulnerable in the face plate)
Regenerating

It would be bigger than human, so it wouldn't fit down Titan vents or in some crawl spaces, but otherwise would make a great edition to the game.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6705|Devon, England

brome wrote:

xWSxCriminalx wrote:

Well the very best of luck to you, but I think that the last team to have attempted something like this (for BF2) ran into a serious roadblock in the form of hardcoding.  I'm not quite sure exactly what the problem was, but it prevented them from using mechs.  They also ended up being shunned by EA and as a result by most of the community.  All morale was lost and they gave up.  They were trying to make a futuristic mod for BF2, and I suppose EA was protecting its interests because of the upcoming 2142, but since 2142 is essentially the same game repackaged, you may have similar difficulties.

$0.02
Cheers and good luck
yeh i think the thing that stopped them would have been that making things with legs in bf2 was impossible. i read it somewhere a while ago. good luck with the mod though, i suggest going here for help: bfeditor.org (that's if they do help for 2142).
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6455|Canada
no...i'd just stick to playing the origional mechwarrior...why make a bf2142 mod if mechwarrior is already good enough
Krysiss
+15|6489|NL
NOt many now this.

but EA has scruwed a mod team that included mecha;s
read the part of the story here:http://mods.moddb.com/4281/mts-mech-tactical-simulation/
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6776|Internet!
JoeFriday: Because this mod has Sparrowhawks!
link52787
+29|6536
wow, I had forgotten about mechwarrior.  Twis was a fun game, especially the first and second one.
xWSxCriminalx
+40|6551

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

Don't forget making them jump-jet capable...take the stats from the pods and make them the X button for the appropriate mech models.  You can then adjust the power of the jump jet activation similar to how they change it between regular and assault mode.  I only count 4 mechs on your modeling list that have inherent jump jets, but nothing says you can't add more.

Even if you just did Elementals, that would be the shiznit to add to the game without an overhaul.

MG arm (ATV top gun stats)
Rocket launcher shoulder boards (secondary fire, walker missile stats but only 2 at a time)
Jump capable (X key, launches itself just like a pod from an APC)
Running mode
Crouching mode
Armored (not sure how much, vulnerable in the face plate)
Regenerating

It would be bigger than human, so it wouldn't fit down Titan vents or in some crawl spaces, but otherwise would make a great edition to the game.
Well as far as jump jets go that is DEFINETLY not a problem i have already strapped jump jets onto the Reisig and Bogatyr for testing purposes and its "fairly" easy to code in. The jump jets work nicely except i have one problem with stabilization and trying to stop the mechs legs from moving whilst in the air.

As far as the Elementals go right now i'm testing out rather they will be a vehicle or the actual player model. I like the idea of a seperate vehicle for the elementals the whole problem comes with animation.

BTW THANKS YOU SO DAMN MUCH, i was trying to figure out a damn key to map the jump jets too but the problem was that all the keys were already in use by the walker and groud vehicles block out any other control input, the X key is perfect though since i think active defense is the gayness.

Add me to your xfire xxCriminalxx cause it seems like you have many ideas and i'd love to hear more. everything you have said here is definetly dooable.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6731

brome wrote:

xWSxCriminalx wrote:

$0.02
Cheers and good luck
The mod was Shattered Faith and their main guy, Scott Zier got a job at a game company...  The rest of the guys went to the First Strike mod(Starwars type)...    The problem they had was child pco's couldnt be added to a pco... i believe...   With 2142 you can do that now...
Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard