ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492

Marinejuana wrote:

statistically, a person is bit only once in their life by a spider. they are still creepy, but its completely a myth that people get bit by them often. basically all those times u were shown a "spider bite" the person was wrong. i am a biology major, im not making this shit up.

so in response to the previous post, we bite spiders more often than they bite us! lol

bones in tuna? dude that would suck, i dont eat it enough for that to happen.

i always bite down on something ridiculous if its sketchy ground beef
nice ROOR
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

silo1180 wrote:

I especially love the hobo spiders we have here in Texas... cousin to the brown recluse.  I'm always finding them in my kids bedroom and bathroom.  That's the only spider that bothers me, because you don't know if you're going to find one when you are looking for something in a closet, or the garage.  I'm just glad they're not very aggressive!
yeah, we have hobos and brown recluse spiders here in Seattle. I see them everywhere but I've never been bitten.

Here's some good pictures of brown recluse bites enjoy

http://www.highway60.com/mark/brs/defau … icture=Yes
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
gameaddict
+35|6650|let op drempels

King_County_Downy wrote:

silo1180 wrote:

I especially love the hobo spiders we have here in Texas... cousin to the brown recluse.  I'm always finding them in my kids bedroom and bathroom.  That's the only spider that bothers me, because you don't know if you're going to find one when you are looking for something in a closet, or the garage.  I'm just glad they're not very aggressive!
yeah, we have hobos and brown recluse spiders here in Seattle. I see them everywhere but I've never been bitten.

Here's some good pictures of brown recluse bites enjoy

http://www.highway60.com/mark/brs/defau … icture=Yes
ok this 1 deserves a big ''eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew'' in my book.
http://www.highway60.com/mark/brs/bite.asp?Msg=2653

Last edited by gameaddict (2006-12-19 12:39:40)

l41e
+677|6618

Thanks guys. Now I'm gonna start carrying around a Super Soaker just for drowning spiders.

I have arachnophobia
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6800|USA! USA! USA!
1) Why don't you just kill it?  I mean, you're already in the shower so it doesn't really matter if you get guts on you.  If you're afraid of getting bit, just use your shampoo bottle or something.  Worst case scenario it'll fall off the wall and land on the slippery parts and get washed away.

2) What's wrong with finding a bone in your food?  Have you ever had fried chicken?  It's got bones all over.  It's not like it's going to kill you or make you sick or anything.  I swear, some people get freaked out about food for no reason.  "Ohz nose! I've heard a rumor there's bug parts in my cereals!"  Who cares?  They cook that stuff so hot it kills any disease and whatever is left is a good source of protein.  Wait until you haven't had food in 3 days and you see a big fat grasshopper crawling on your ruck, then you might change your mind.

Marinejuana wrote:

statistically, a person is bit only once in their life by a spider. they are still creepy, but its completely a myth that people get bit by them often. basically all those times u were shown a "spider bite" the person was wrong. i am a biology major, im not making this shit up.
I don't know what kind of bongology major you are, but I can attest to being bitten at least three times in my life and know of many more people who have been bitten.  Maybe "statistically" speaking you are correct, but then you are accounting for all those people who won't leave their oxygen bubble and haven't ever seen the sun.  I mean, most spider bites aren't really that bad anyways, just painful. 

Here is something to creep all you blind people out:  I can't see worth a damn without contacts / glasses unless it's within about 3 feet of my face.  At my old place I was just getting out of the shower and hadn't put in said contacts.  While I was drying off I thought I saw a shadow moving on trim on the wall.  Then I noticed a knot on the wood trim and thought it was odd I had never seen it before.  Then I swear that knot / shadow moved a bit.  So I got down on the floor and leaned in real close to look at it and this is what I found:

https://uploader.digitalmight.com/~off/images/spider.JPG
Des.Kmal
+917|6588|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

MagikTrik wrote:

210lbs.,
ur 210?!?!

wtf? wow. u dont look 210 at all.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6341|Pittsburgh, PA USA

Des.Kmal wrote:

MagikTrik wrote:

210lbs.,
ur 210?!?!

wtf? wow. u dont look 210 at all.
lol that made me laugh. But ya, 210 on a good day but usually between 200 & 210.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6605|South Jersey
Whenever I see a spider in my basement I take my San Andreas strategy guide and give that mofo a smackdown.
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK

-Gunsmoke- wrote:

Whenever I see a spider in my basement I take my San Andreas strategy guide and give that mofo a smackdown.
I need to get a spider smakin' magazine too
Mike_J
+68|6639

cablecopulate wrote:

1) When I am taking a shower and I spot a spider on the wall or ceiling. I can't stop watching it to make sure it doesn't kamikazee-jihad my head. Watching it creeps me out and then I can feel every drop of water slide down my body and they all feel like spider legs on me. That is always a quick shower.

2) When I bite into something that isn't supposed to crunch and it does. Hamburger, hot dog, turkey sandwich, your moms vagina. I always instantly think I'm bitting into bone (because I usually am). I promptly gag so much I nearly throw up and spit out the bite. I rarely eat tuna fish because way more than I'd like there's always these bone shards in there. I feel like puking now just thinking of all of this.
Nothing personal, but stop being a pussy and smash the spider.  Also, the bones mixed with the tuna in the can are okay to eat.  They're soft.
Alpha.350
+19|6546
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
I would have died instantly.
leftoverkiller
+9|6433
if a small spider creeps you out this should just about kill ya http://www.wallofsleep.com/pM/images/up … piders.jpg
just one of the creepy crawlies in Iraq
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6626|The View From The Afternoon
I only eat Chicken of the Sea Tuna
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6800|USA! USA! USA!

leftoverkiller wrote:

if a small spider creeps you out this should just about kill ya http://www.wallofsleep.com/pM/images/up … piders.jpg
Is this the pic you were looking for?
https://img171.imageshack.us/img171/612/camelspidertp3.jpg

That was totally debunked a long time ago and it's on Snopes.com if you want to read more.  Basically that pic has been floating around since the first time we went to Kuwait and they only actually get to a max leg span of 6".

Edit: My pic didn't work either.  Rehosted.

Last edited by Krauser98 (2006-12-19 14:28:14)

nlsme
+48|6385|new york
I was bit by a brown recluse when I was 14. I then spent 2 weeks in the hospital and still have the scar on my arm from the quarter size hole it left there.
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6653|England and damn proud
I fucking hate spiders. If i see one i run off like a little bitch cause i dont want the bastard to eat me, or jump on me and muller me
-=AudigyXi=-
+18|6626
We don't have those spiders here in the South.  The scorpions keep them away.
Gasp....wtf keeps the scorpions away???
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

wanna hear something scary.....
Im putting my self throu college by working the shitiest jobs ever (because I can only work "illegaly"). Worst one was working in a facory that makes frozen vegetables. My job was to look throu the vegetables that come on a truck and throw out all rats that I could find.
A farmer would bring a truck full of spinnatch, for example, and there would be dozens of rats hiding inside. So the "workers" throw most of them out. Most...... not all.....
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida
EWWW OMG i seriously hate House Centipedes

https://www.uky.edu/Ag/CritterFiles/casefile/relatives/centipedes/housecent.jpg

Just looking at them knowing they can be in houses fucking freaks me out. Is that an itch on my leg omg....
15 more years! 15 more years!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
This whole thread reminds me of that part in The Replacements

"A real man admits his fears. That's what I'm asking you to do here tonight. Fears... lets talk about them."
"I'm scared of spiders, Coach."
then they get on to the bees and coach says
"Isn't anybody here afraid of something other than insects?"
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6800|USA! USA! USA!

-=AudigyXi=- wrote:

We don't have those spiders here in the South.  The scorpions keep them away.
Gasp....wtf keeps the scorpions away???
My scorpions must be lazy, because we have both.  I found one in my house in like August.  Two days later I found one in my gf's bathtub.  I went to get something to smash it with and when I came back it was gone.  Since then she has found like 20 and they are almost always in the bathtub area.  Now she keeps the drains closed when not in use and hasn't found any since.  Does anyone know if the things come out of drains???
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
I hate spiders, and if I see one while im gaming, I will stare at it, quickly look at the screen, get as many kills as possible in 2 seconds (you can get quite a few when you have to ) and then stare at it again. I hate spiders, snakes are ok though.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock

Krauser98 wrote:

leftoverkiller wrote:

Is this the pic you were looking for?
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/612/ … dertp3.jpg

That was totally debunked a long time ago and it's on Snopes.com if you want to read more.  Basically that pic has been floating around since the first time we went to Kuwait and they only actually get to a max leg span of 6".

Edit: My pic didn't work either.  Rehosted.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that vid on the site creeped me out. They look so scary running lol.
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6422|Bradford UK
lmao, are we all spider haters? i fuckin hate them, we must all be total bitches on this thread, should rename it to bitches scared of spiders!!! joking aside, i totally cannot stand them.I used to work in a well known UK supermarket years ago, and would find them in the banana boxes, coiled ready to pounce!!! that was creepy as fuck, once one got loose, was half the size of a human fist, it was 'lost' in the supermarket for 2/3 weeks, i phoned in sick the next day for fear of it dragging me away to its new found nest or some shit like that!!

/rant, scared as fuck of spiders, over.
Widjerd
I like sausage
+18|6511|Bristol UK
you know i didnt mind spiders before but now im thankful i live in england where the worst we get are daddy long legs...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard