Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

I disagree Pollux, for the simple reason that EA stats are SHIT. It's slow, ugly and badly set out. If we were allowed the Stats feed then we could make everything faster and easier for everyone.
Just look at all the additions Chuy added to the BF2 stats page.
Imagine what he could do with the 2142 stats. Some of those websites require those stats to keep on living. It is a big deal for these communities who thrive on the stats feed of bf2 and the community inside. Without this next stats feed where will the communities go?
And yes, I know you will argue that it is a huge community and it will not go easily, or without a fight. BUT this is what Chuy made his stand on, the stats feed, without that this place wouldnt have thrived.
So think about how it affects the community, not just yourself.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6777|Orlando, FL - Age 43
One more reason why I have yet to allow EA to have another $50 from me.
thefousteph
+8|6701
I was looking for my stats (in the wait to get a BF2142s stats site) but i have to say it lacks info miserably.

What is more frustrating, is they invited some guy of BF2s to try BF2142 (clearly to try to promote their product) and now they close the door without any notice.

I know DICE/EA read forum like this one, so read this:

GO TO HELL WITH YOUR STAT SITE; I WILL NO LONGER VISIT THAT SITE AND INVITE EVERY BF 2142 PLAYER TO DO THE SAME

Why they try to "kill" those kind of site??? or should i say TeamKill cause it promote their products and help us appreciate the game. now we are stuck with their poor attempt at copying a successfull site.

I'm getting tired of EA. lets hope for other company to do a great war game with stats tracking and i'm out of their business

F U C K * E A
CLEVERLITTLETROJAN
I killed you,you just don't know it yet
+18|6584|birmingham,uk
http://www.petitiononline.com/petition.

the name in the link says it all so if someone would like to start one

START A PETITION TODAY LOL
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6692|Sydney, Australia

Darth_Fleder wrote:

One more reason why I have yet to allow EA to have another $50 from me.
Initially when I saw the link at the top, I thought we had gotten the stat feeds. I was just about ready to buy the game. Not anymore.

Mcminty.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6791|Belgium

liquidat0r wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

can we have the contact email, and spam them?
ditto

Also, if there was an 'official' petition to sign, I'd sign it!
&

CLEVERLITTLETROJAN wrote:

There allready is a fucking petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/bfstats/

Cheers,
R
darwinsGate
+0|6547
There is a thread about stats on EA's forums:  http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=161151&tstart=0

Maybe posting there will get more attention.
T0rr3nt
+54|6547|Michigan

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Deadman wrote:

EA has kicked its self in the bollocks in full view of the BF community, shamed its self beyond belief.
Listen to yourself, man. Shamed itself beyond belief!? This is not that big of a deal.
youre right its not a big deal, but when someones ideas are taken(ie the graphs and buddys) there should be some sort of makeup for that. whether it be a stats feed or some other form of compensation.

everyone on this site KNOWS EA/DICE stole these ideas for their own site.

Last edited by T0rr3nt (2006-12-14 14:18:18)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
I think IGN deserves the brunt of the blame here. They're the ones in control of the stats feeds.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6620|Washington DC

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

can we have the contact email, and spam them?
ditto

Also, if there was an 'official' petition to sign, I'd sign it!
&

CLEVERLITTLETROJAN wrote:

There allready is a fucking petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/bfstats/

Cheers,
R
Petitions toward corporations are pointless and ineffective ... it is not as if EA is a politician who is supposed to serve the people's interests.

No, the only way to influence a corporation is through finances.  If the community were sincere about this, they would need to successfully implement a boycott of EA.  Abandon the 2142 servers, stop playing the game, and refuse to purchase additional expansions until this is rectified.

A boycott takes self-discipline and maturity to be effective - hmmmm ... does this describe this community?
Defiance
+438|6641

So when are the masses going to realize that EA and it's "partners" are full of shit?

Come on, open your eyes to this for fuck sakes.

OrangeHound wrote:

A boycott takes self-discipline and maturity to be effective - hmmmm ... does this describe this community?
You've been around long enough to know that that's a 50 foot tall neon saying saying in capital, italic, bolded and underlined letters, no.

Last edited by Defiance (2006-12-14 14:59:29)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
What about an 'official' petition. The same way that this topic is 'official'.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6626|UK
FFS do they forget that we the player, PAY them the producers, i mean come on let BF2s have access to us the players stats, as your stat pages suck arse
SGT.Slayero
+98|6435|Life in a vacuum sucks
love it!
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6457|Melbourne

Petitions toward corporations are pointless and ineffective ... it is not as if EA is a politician who is supposed to serve the people's interests.

No, the only way to influence a corporation is through finances.  If the community were sincere about this, they would need to successfully implement a boycott of EA.  Abandon the 2142 servers, stop playing the game, and refuse to purchase additional expansions until this is rectified.

Im up for the boycott, Who is with me?
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Linus
+53|6623
This site rules. Im grateful for it.  They should provide a link to this site with every BF2 purchase
due to their lack of REAL programming that would in any other game include a buddy list.

I dont find it abnormal at all that they put you guys in the dark, lied to you, or otherwise. It is the EA
way.  EA is by far, without question the worst gaming publisher in the market.   DICE, the worst
group of programmers known to man.  I could have put together a better team of programmers, etc
in 30 days.

EA does not support any of their products. Never have, never will.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6609|Montreal, Qc, Canada
I say that EA and DICE are jalous of stats site like www.bf2s.com or www.bf2player.com , they know they are easier to use and more powerfull so they CHOKE !!!

FUCK THEM !!!

CHUY WE WANT YOU AS EA MANAGER!!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6601|Washington, DC

liquidat0r wrote:

The BF2.SE petition to not have squad hopping removed in 1.3 had not even a wink from EA, and it had thousands of signatures.

Let's face it: the only way EA will listen to the community is if everyone boycotted their products. And as OrangeHound said, I doubt any person in this community or any other BF community has the self-discipline to do this.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6383|Michigan, USA

I haven't purchased 2142, was possibly considering it, but now, No.  I guess that is about as much as I can do as far as boycotting EA goes since I've already purchased BF2, including SF, EF, & AF.

EA is a shame to the gaming community.  So let us shame them.  Boycott!
(... maybe someone with more intellect than myself should make an official post here titled "How to effectively boycott EA"....)
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6698|Honolulu, HI
For anyone who considers this to not be as big a deal as we're making it out to be, perhaps you have a point.  Nonetheless, consider the numerous shortcomings of EA's 2142 stat site.  If I want to view stats, I have to go to their Battlefield Community site, which has all kinds of bells, whistles, ads, and crap that I'd never in a million years click on.  Once all that loads (if you're using Firefox at least), another pop-up window opens showing you search results.  You have to click on one of those names to close that window; if you don't, the rest of your browser windows become unresponsive.  If you want to see whose dog tags you've collected, good luck.

Add to this the fact that many aspects of their site have been ripped off from bf2s.com, and I say you have a reason to be disgruntled.  Keep in mind that for every hit EA generates on its website, that's one less potential hit for bf2s to generate.  If EA has ads and sponsors and whatnot, then they make profit off those hits too--essentially profiting off Chuy's work while his website is constantly denied a stats feed.  If that were happening to me I'd be pissed.
Phrozenbot
+632|6586|do not disturb

Hurricane wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

The BF2.SE petition to not have squad hopping removed in 1.3 had not even a wink from EA, and it had thousands of signatures.

Let's face it: the only way EA will listen to the community is if everyone boycotted their products. And as OrangeHound said, I doubt any person in this community or any other BF community has the self-discipline to do this.
You bought 2142.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6450|Somewhere else

EA can piss all over its fan base all it wants to.  2142, and other EA will still sell. Simple as that. when the money stops, that's when they'll care, which is...never.

Here's the letter they have in mind but will never release:

Dear Battlefield 2142 gaming community:

We will do what ever the fuck we like -to this- and -with this- game, and you'll like it.

Sincerely,
     EA/DICE

P.S. keep sending complaint e-mails it gives us something to laugh at while taking a break from developing the 2142  booster pack due this fall, which will cost you money, making us richer! we "powned" you!

(notice the miss-spelling of "pwned" showing that EA truelly does not care to cater to or even try to undestand thier customers)

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2006-12-14 17:40:04)

topthrill05
+125|6548|Rochester NY USA
I am glad that I play WoW.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6763|Jupiter

topthrill05 wrote:

I am glad that I play WoW.
And you shall burn in the 5th tireny of hell in the shallows of borkins 3rd dimension.
MochaBayGuy
+3|6455|Fort Collins CO
Here's how we get their attention -- today I bought my first 10 shares of Electronic Arts stock.  It trades on the NASDAQ.  I will start bringing forward shareholder resolutions to have the company partner with their historic partners (such as BF2s providing stats) to build a better and healthier gaming community -- What do you all think?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard