Magius5.0
+106|6381|UMass Amherst

RoofusMcDoofus wrote:

[RDH]Warlord wrote:

Where's the anti-infantry base defenses? (mounted machine guns.)
I tell you this: get in one of the ground defense guns and press your right mouse button, or whatever button you use to zoom in, and then shoot away.

It's better than the machine gun.  It rotates any direction.  It's better than any sniper rifle.  And best of all, soldiers can't shoot through the front of it, so if you're looking at them, you're practically invincible unless their buddies flank you...  And you can kill walkers, you can kill tanks, you can zap FAVs as they go zooming by, you can destroy gunships and air transports that get too low.  They are the pwn.

Frankly, I shouldn't give up this little secret, because it seems nobody knows how badass these guns are.
I do, heh heh.  It's a rail gun sniper rifle, and I've used it on pretty much everything.  On a map like Tunis harbor (32 player variant) by the middle flag, you can pwn anything that comes your way.
xWSxCriminalx
+40|6537
haha i love you guys that sit on the statics. Grenades...oh noes...AR rocket...oh noes!...pilum/mitchell....oh noes!!....walker....oh noes!!! APC secondary fire....oh noes! Keep sitting on it...and remember if you're looking at me i cant kill you.

Last edited by xWSxCriminalx (2006-12-08 17:13:31)

straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6535|Edmonton Alberta
i hate those static AV's

they always kill my walker
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6575

xWSxCriminalx wrote:

haha i love you guys that sit on the statics. Grenades...oh noes...AR rocket...oh noes!...pilum/mitchell....oh noes!!....walker....oh noes!!! APC secondary fire....oh noes! Keep sitting on it...and remember if you're looking at me i cant kill you.
Well, you do what works.  If you get 50 kills with it in a round, you're not doing too bad.

Oh, and I always pick off anyone trying to aim at me with any of the above before they even get the chance.
jamiet757
+138|6622

straz_mataz wrote:

MuseSeeker wrote:

I would like to see no more BS losing connection, maps come last imo.
i have had no problem

i want the walkers to have 1000 more hit points
AA needs to be tweaked so you can fire an emp every half a second
AR rockets splash damage increased 10 fold
tv missle in the gunship is too easy to control... needs to be more sensitive and it does too much damage
more textures in the titan its to BLAH looking..... maybe make a disco in the cargo area with flashing lights and a disco ball
titan guns splash damage increased
and make it so you can shoot into the other titan's hanger with the titan AA.... so you can rape the infantry when they spawn
oh and more ads and i want them to come online..... i want to see some tampon ads and ads for some useful magazine like vanity fair or something
your sarcasm intrigues me....but dont say "something is BLAH looking" cuz you sound like my sister when she was 14...
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6545|England
enemy boat spotted
GR34
+215|6545|ALBERTA> CANADA
Wakeislan 2141 Not 2142, 2141
Dr_Paulos236
+41|6395|England
Limited burst jet packs, that would be frigging sweet! Also, new maps etc, new weapons and an extra level for badges. For example; bronze, silver, gold, elite. Give us all another few incentives
psH
Banned
+217|6383|Sydney

Dr_Paulos236 wrote:

Limited burst jet packs
That would be MMMMOOOONSSTTERRRR KILLLLLLL. But then everybody would rape with em. And they would be the billionth unlock.
SAF.Skellen
+4|6354
Well, I've taken it a stage further as suggested by the author:

I wrote DICE an email suggesting a throwing capability for the knife:

"Good Morning,

I run a squad of 70+ members and we play Battlefield 2 and 2142.  We thing they are absolutely great games and you have done extremely well with them.

I was wondering who I would have to speak with in order to make a suggestion:

I have noticed that you can get a knife unlock (a dogtag appears on top of the knife) but there is no other change.  I was wondering if I could possibly ask you to consider being able to throw the knife, which you then lose unless you go and collect it from the victim.  You would need to collect the knife from the victim to also get the dogtags.

I’m not sure if this is possible but I know that many players would love the idea of being able to throw the knife.

Well, thank you for your time."

The reply I got was positive as opposed to go away noob! lol, we shall see what happens:

"Hi TeVioNN,

Thank you for your suggestion! Your e-mail has been forwarded to the developing team.

Best regards,

Dice"

I hope they do incorporate it.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
Translation...

You will never hear from us again on the subject.  But, you will be sure to release something similar and claim we thought it up.
SAF.Skellen
+4|6354
I dont care if they do bring it out and claim its theres, as long as I can throw a knife I'm happy??  I'm not after some sort of copyright / patent type object, its a suggestion m8.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6673|Houston, Texas
A Legit ranking system for Major and Lt General ranks.

The gunner position to line up with the pilots HUD

To reduce the forcefield lag on the titans

Infantry Only.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6519|Adelaide, South Australia

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

Infantry Only.
No.
Tetn1s
+59|6642|Los Angeles
Fix the Saaw so it can hit transport ships.
zeidmaan
+234|6415|Vienna

Special Eletronic Bullets for snipers that "tag" a vehicle and make it visible on the minimap to your squad.

That would shut the yap of all those "snipers are useless for a squad" people.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6816|Belgium

zeidmaan wrote:

Special Eletronic Bullets for snipers that "tag" a vehicle and make it visible on the minimap to your squad.

That would shut the yap of all those "snipers are useless for a squad" people.
Yay, that would actually be fun.
I'd spend round just tagging vehicles.
They also should make it that you either get a teamwork point for tagging it.
And/or teamwork points if someone of the squad destroys it.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

points awarded to engineer who disarms explosive ordinance inside of squad range.
Magius5.0
+106|6381|UMass Amherst
Electronic Surveilance Counter-Measures would be a nice choice for recon, being the sneaky bastards that they are.  Let's say for instance the commander does a regular SAT scan, or deploys a UAV.  With the ESCM (acronym) activated, the unit wouldn't show up on any of the scans (no red blip on radar)...making it possible for a squad to bypass the passive systems of a commander and sneak all the way to an empty capture point by combining this with taking a less-travelled path.  However, they can still be spotted visually.  In retrospect, it could be a secondary fire upgrade on the IT-33 Active Camoflage.  It could also potentially disrupt the Netbat systems from acquiring you and relaying information to enemy squads, as well as make you invisible to the Dystek Pulse Meter...however it comes at a price, as you must keep it in your hand to use it and it would over-heat just like the Active Camo if used for too long.

More stuff as I think it up.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.
The little scanner for support should be given to Recon considering there meant to be stealthy ''ninjehs''

And get rid of the Bump Mapping. Would make the game so much smoother and less lagier....
NZDeathBoy
+20|6700|Chch, New Zealand
What i think should be added....
1.) A jeep drop, they had it in bf2, why not 2142?

2.) You should be able to spot enemy mines and sentry guns. So people in your team that aren't in your sqaud can see what you can see.

3.) Imporve teh grenades. they are sooo slow, slower then bf2. This is the future, they should be jsut as good as bf2.

4.) Tanks what the hell??? In the past (bf2) the main gunner had both shells and a chain gun, in the future (2142) only shells. So what the guy at the top is covered now, tanks are still easy to take down, just give teh gunner fight against inf.

5.) When you start a kick or mutiny vote, you have to give a reason, also, when you die the vote should come up when you are dead so you are more likly to read the reason.

6.) An option where as you can choose not to be revived, ie a DNR

7.) You get titain drop points in a transport, why can't you get points for droping people off at base's or silos??

8.) When near a titain, you can pod very high from apcs... but when you are miles away you can't... You can either pod very high, or low, not both. Make it so you can pod high to get buildings or what ever. Add a new level of fighting.

9.) If you destroy all the titian guns you get a pin, and 2 points for destroying, change it so you get 2 points for repiaring and get a pin for repairing all of them. It makes it fair doesn't it???

10.) You get a titian defence pin for geting 7 kills while defending the titian, So why not the same when attacking the titian.

There are some others but i can't think of them, and some have been mentioned above
Zefar
+116|6649|Sweden
I want a "TAKE COVER" sound while being Recon. Just anoy me that no one wanna move their ass when you put out those explosive.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
well santa, id like... joking aside, id love a better damage indicator, bf2's seems better, even though i can't figure out why.And i'd like the Engi/Anti Tank/Anti Air class, to get a pistol as well as that smg, the smg just rips through clips too fast, and ive found myself out of both rockets and smg more times than i can remember. when that happens in any other class, i just pull out the pistol and plug away ( i hate knifing)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6575|federal way washington
aliens, little green men

oh wait you want responce from someone who playes 2142 don't you
Magius5.0
+106|6381|UMass Amherst

Zefar wrote:

I want a "TAKE COVER" sound while being Recon. Just anoy me that no one wanna move their ass when you put out those explosive.
You've got two options at your disposal: FF off servers, or type it out pain-stakenly...so many fucking n00bs run up to those funny little objects and say 'hmm, I wonder what that ominous beeping noise is.'  And then the bastard punishes me right as I blow the titan core.  Definitely something they should add to the comma rose.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard