a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6685|MoVal, Southern California
Despite the fact that single player bots are quite stupid, i've come to a conclusion that they are in fact SMARTER than some noobs in 2142, which is pretty sad to say the least. Bots somehow manage to listen to my orders or radio calls, unlike some players... they speed off from bases with the FAV when you've request a pickup 8 times, they don't drop ammo/health when you need it, or they can't watch your back worth squat, upon other things.  That's just sad. Hell, even counter-strike source bots have better aim than some of the noobs i've come across!

Please provide you opinions!

Last edited by a_fraudulent_miracle (2006-12-03 14:14:54)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

bots don't have their own mind
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6601|Finland

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

I need around tree fiddy.
Dex Luther
+32|6407|Canukastan
If you want a game where people listen you need to play Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6606|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Bots play at your level. So if your good. The bots are.
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6363|Belgium

that must be fun when you have a coop server with a friend who is 15 ranks lower then you and in the other team:P. You'll own them
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6675|Antarctica

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Maybe thats why they are better than noobs
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6692
Cyborg* > bots.

They have a mind, a computer,a body  AND they are bots...
https://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Ordinateur/0008.gif

*aka androids, aka humanoids, aka ...? (The Terminator, Data, Robocop)
liquix
+51|6423|Peoples Republic of Portland
yes, i hate noobs so much. I think they shuld impose a check system on vehicles and servers where if u have poor stats/low rank you cant join and if ur in a vehicle you have preference over them if u have good stats/higher rank.
a_fraudulent_miracle
I thought there are rank-specific servers, but i haven't seen one yet.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6608|Montreal, Qc, Canada
computer are inteligent
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6744
Difference between being bad at a game and being programmed to be bad at a game. One won't change.
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6345|Inside the AR Rockets.
Whats better then noobs still? Bots from BF 1942
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Bot: Flies gunship and lines me up for TV kills.
n00b: flies aroud aimlessly until crashing into an Intel add.

Pretty sad. Whats even sadder are the bots in UT2004 are smarter than in BF2142.
JohnLeavitt
+16|6413
ya the bot at 100 they are fairly good, they make better squad members than most players do...

i find the bots good for practicing in a chopper... line a TV shot up then switch seats and try to make the shot... there are choppers on the Suez and Verdun maps
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

a_fraudulent_miracle wrote:

I thought there are rank-specific servers, but i haven't seen one yet.
i have but they arent for high rankers - they are for noobs. I couldn't join because I was more than the first 10 ranks (I think that was why)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
joemah
+6|6711
why would you even try single player?
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6685
Be nice in they had a server option for only like, say, the 20th rank and up. That would keep the total noobs out, so that at least MOST of the players got the concept of the game..
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

^ yes that would be good - possibly the rank restriction thing may be able to go the other way? doubt it though. EA wants to attract new players not cater for the ones already playing
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6603|Florida
I played the single player the other night and played at an AI difficulty level of about 75-80%. I have to admit they enemy bots were tough. What was neat, was that I joined a squad and it asked me if I wanted to be the squad leader. Hmm... so I said no, and it was kinda neat to follow the orders of a bot squad leader.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Bots always kick me from thier squad and try to kickvote me

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-12-04 13:21:09)

Zukabazuka
+23|6655
I always though of bots being better than the player online.
Bots follow orders, know what to do, and probably can aim.

Online the most noobish thing i seen is a low rank who though he repair the tank by just holding the repair tool and not pushing fire. I told him to push fire but he still didn't do it, then I told him to hold left mouse buttom but still he wouldn't. So jumped out and repaired it and jumped back in and he looked stunned.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6449
Ah the old " I never was a noob before in my life thread"  I guess we were all born as veteran players.  Noobs are a part of life. Get them in a squad and direct them.  I remember jumping cold into a game and trying my best to work as a team only to be flamed by a retarded veteran who didnt get his ammo pouch within his .005 seconds of his request.  Be a mentor not a mental retard you bunch of crybabies.  It is unbecoming of your "higher status."  Flame on.  I can take it.
a_fraudulent_miracle

ncc6206 wrote:

Ah the old " I never was a noob before in my life thread"  I guess we were all born as veteran players.  Noobs are a part of life. Get them in a squad and direct them.  I remember jumping cold into a game and trying my best to work as a team only to be flamed by a retarded veteran who didnt get his ammo pouch within his .005 seconds of his request.  Be a mentor not a mental retard you bunch of crybabies.  It is unbecoming of your "higher status."  Flame on.  I can take it.
Of course we have all come from humble beginnings, and i acknowledge the fact that I, too, was a noob when starting to play BF2 and other games. I'm not saying nor implying that i'm "sooo0 l33t ZOMG jo0 suX0rz" and i'm the best player, what i was simply stating is that some players, whether veterans or newbies alike, lack some common tactics and logic that many of us have learned thus far in 2142. Some people just don't listen to you, or have blatant disregard for everyone but themselves. Regardless of whether or not they are in a squad, they play rather aimlessly. And i do acknowledge that some players that are "newbies" at the game at least try to learn, which is cool.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6449
True that.  Those are not so much noob players as just regular plain jane Jerks.  Why play a team based game if you want be solo and destructive. Switch teams and take 'em out!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard