Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6616|Peoria
These things are so awesome, they make Titan assault so much easier. Its so sad that noone ever uses them.

For example, I always call my squad on voip, tell them the plan, pop two smoke nades down the titan halls, then my guys rush the hall through the smokescreen and chuck frag nades down the hall. I follow, reviving people as I go. Rarely does this fail.

Also, I found another use tonight. I've been trying to get Expert Knife for a couple of weeks, and its just been a pain between my school's chincy internet, classes, and overall lack of time to dedicate. Well tonight, I was playing on titan, I had about 10 knife kills, and the enemy was dry humping my titan core, so here I am thinking another wasted round, so I go for my all, get behind them using a Titan Pod. Then it hit me, before I charge the room, smoke nade it. Sure enough, everyone got so confused I rushed in, knifing like crazy and earned a Distinguished Combat Efficiency Badge, A collector's badge, and My expert knife.
Kanye North
randy
+80|6435
nice
ozghost
Mr piss EVERYONE off
+48|6680|Kangarooland
wd
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
Never thought about using the things on the titan, that's the ideal place.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Elamdri wrote:

its just been a pain between my school's chincy internet
Wait...you play 2142 at school?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
SlightlySto0pid
+7|6420|New York
College dorm connection? maybe.

Anyway, any titan D ive seen that actually works involves 2+ supply crates and grenade / AR Rocket spm at the entrance. Everything else tends to fail, because of tactics such as the one described above.
doc. josh
+48|6515
iam sgt maj of the army in 2142 and all ihave unlocked is defib ulator and the lambert tree i think i might ned to invest in thae voss tree nades springt and the clark tree
Mafia47
+27|6710|Chicago
its a great idea man but...i've noticed on titans now the defending team just sits there with support, throws down 2 auto turrets and shields and just spams nades into the door way, which leads to no possible way to get through...pretty sad but you do got a good idea.
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6561|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Lol college.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6675|Antarctica

BabySpinach wrote:

Lol college.
Lol education.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Lol..

how u spel engilsh?
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6586|UCF

doc. josh wrote:

iam sgt maj of the army in 2142 and all ihave unlocked is defib ulator and the lambert tree i think i might ned to invest in thae voss tree nades springt and the clark tree
bad diction, syntax, and spelling makes kittens die.

You should also pop smoke like crazy on the Berlin map, just toss them when you need to assault the first position with a group, works until you come across a turret/APC whore.

The great think about smoke grenades that even with low density particle effects on, it still blocks your view of all who pass behind it.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6448|Communist Republic of CA, USA

vpyroman wrote:

doc. josh wrote:

https://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7237/grammarnaziah9.jpg
Dex Luther
+32|6408|Canukastan

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

vpyroman wrote:

doc. josh wrote:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7237 … aziah9.jpg
Actually a lot of people care.

1)Things are a lot easier to read when you don't have to use a Batman decoder ring to understand them.
2)Just because you're on the Internet doesn't mean you have to forget everything you learned in school.
3)People take you a lot more seriously when the way you express yourself doesn't make you look like an ignorant half-wit.

If English isn't you're first language, then you have two choices:
   A)Take the time you use a dictionary and/or spell check. It'll help you learn the language.
   B)Go post somewhere where your native language is the main language.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-11-26 22:41:41)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

Elamdri wrote:

These things are so awesome, they make Titan assault so much easier. Its so sad that noone ever uses them.

For example, I always call my squad on voip, tell them the plan, pop two smoke nades down the titan halls, then my guys rush the hall through the smokescreen and chuck frag nades down the hall. I follow, reviving people as I go. Rarely does this fail.
It will fail against me, I found out that sittin there with your shield, ammo hug, A12 sentry gun and support gun won't do it, whilst 2 APM's in the door way, with an RDX pack does a great defenders job I once stopped an entire crew of 5 people trying to blow our last console, 2 walked over the APM's. Blew 2 up, 2 got revived instantly, quickly threw another pack and now I killed them again + the medic that was standing behind them, ah the joh.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6616|Peoria
This personally is my ultimate strategy for attacking a Titan Hallway.

6 man squad, Voip (I know, I said ULTIMATE)

1 Engineer with the AE Defuser
1 Support with the Sentry and EMP nades.
1 Recon with RDX and APM's
3 Assault with Smoke nades and Defibs

Have recon APM mine the entrance so people can't sneak up on you while you work, and have support throw down a sentry drone to act as an alarm. At this point the engineer prones and defuses any mines in the doorway (NOTE that while prone, an APM will not detect you and blow)

Once the mines are gone, 1 assault, preferably the squad leader, smokes the hall, at that time, the other assault and support will run into the smoke, and EMP/Smoke the hall even more. The smoke will give you viable concealment and the EMP will serve 2 purposes, it will disable support's toys, like the sentry gun, and it will screw up the sights on the enemy guns. Then everyone, except the first assault, rushes the hall will frag nades, while the assault in the rear smokes the hall to revive any dead teammates. Hopefully, you managed to really weaken their defenses. This takes a lot of coordination, but with some buddies, its like poetry.
Dex Luther
+32|6408|Canukastan

Elamdri wrote:

This personally is my ultimate strategy for attacking a Titan Hallway.

6 man squad, Voip (I know, I said ULTIMATE)

1 Engineer with the AE Defuser
1 Support with the Sentry and EMP nades.
1 Recon with RDX and APM's
3 Assault with Smoke nades and Defibs

Have recon APM mine the entrance so people can't sneak up on you while you work, and have support throw down a sentry drone to act as an alarm. At this point the engineer prones and defuses any mines in the doorway (NOTE that while prone, an APM will not detect you and blow)

Once the mines are gone, 1 assault, preferably the squad leader, smokes the hall, at that time, the other assault and support will run into the smoke, and EMP/Smoke the hall even more. The smoke will give you viable concealment and the EMP will serve 2 purposes, it will disable support's toys, like the sentry gun, and it will screw up the sights on the enemy guns. Then everyone, except the first assault, rushes the hall will frag nades, while the assault in the rear smokes the hall to revive any dead teammates. Hopefully, you managed to really weaken their defenses. This takes a lot of coordination, but with some buddies, its like poetry.
and what stops someone from just shooting blindly through the smoke?

I dunno, but if I'm in the hall and see smoke apprear the first thing I would do is shoot through it to make sure no one's trying to come through it.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6616

Dex Luther wrote:

I dunno, but if I'm in the hall and see smoke apprear the first thing I would do is shoot through it to make sure no one's trying to come through it.
I use smoke grenades as a distraction. So while you're blindly firing into a cloud of smoke, I'm sneaking around the other way to give you a hot beef injection.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

haffeysucks wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

its just been a pain between my school's chincy internet
Wait...you play 2142 at school?
sure why not. i play sometimes 2142 during some of my lessons at university.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6685|MoVal, Southern California
I think the smoke nade should work similarly to the EMP nade against sentry emplacements... for instance, throwing one in front of the sentry won't temporarily deactivate it, as it will continue to shoot, but it will lose track of the enemy.
Dex Luther
+32|6408|Canukastan

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

I use smoke grenades as a distraction. So while you're blindly firing into a cloud of smoke, I'm sneaking around the other way to give you a hot beef injection.
lol it's kinda hard to go around the other way in the halls of a titan.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6680|Sweden

Dex Luther wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

lol it's kinda hard to go around the other way in the halls of a titan.
just equip your camo and you´ll be fine noone will notice you
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6616|Peoria

Dex Luther wrote:

Thats what the one guy with the Defib who hangs back is for. I'm not saying it always works, but that what I have the most success with.
ZCaliber
+12|6481|Between Canada and Iowa
I really wish the smoke was thicker... There are many things that give much thicker smike for much longer...

Drop pods, exploded vehicles (The black carcass going boomski.)... That smoke 'nade smoke is way too thin, especially for it's description (THICK potassium-chlorate based smoke...). The impact detonation is a nice feature though... Kinda like a ninja smoke bomb... But slower to throw. ^^
CackNBallz
+45|6713|Toronto, Canada
The thing about smoke is, it is damn awesome.  The support guys will start shooting their guns down the hall, and that lights them up.  If you are recon, you can snipe them, and your muzzle flash will be minimal compared to their constant barrage.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard