luckybaer
+10|6763| Going Feral
I love the grenade launcher.  It is fun to use it to kill enemy at a distance (i.e. 100 meters), and it is useful for medium range (25-50 meters).  Also, it is good against dune buggies, pick up trucks, hummers, and vodniks.

Sometimes though, I'm moving around with my GL, and I'll run into the enemy.  Well, I $hit in my pants and pull the trigger - sometimes not even remembering that I have the GL active!  Naturally, that kills me and the enemy.
I apologize for this happening!  It is kind of funny, though!

Last night, I killed a guy with the GL when he was about 20-25m away.  He got so angry!!  "OMG!  Try using a real weapon, n00b!"  Wow.  WTF?  A few minutes later, I ended up shooting him with the new assault unlock from SF, and I lost my cool and said, "Real enough for you, dip$hit?"  Of course, our server warned me for my language.  LOL.  Then the guy and one of his buddies gave me crap for that and said, "You have a real problem, kid!"  So, I realized I was being a bad host, so I typed an apology, and in the middle of the apology, I got killed and they said, "N00b."  Geez.  Kids these days.  LOL.

ANYWAY, I just like to have fun, and if someone smack talks, I figger they can take it, so I give a little back.  Was I out of line?

ALSO, I don't use the GL much.  I think I only have about 125 kills with it.  I am not a good player by any stretch of the imagination.  The only reason my K/D is over 1.00 is because I have a good K/D with armor.  Why do people whine about the GL that much?  It is only part of the game.  And, if someone tried to make a living by using it in CQ, wouldn't they end up killing themselves and losing points, too?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6709|California

for once, i agree with dice saying its best for anti-light vechile weapon. + i much prefer the AK-101 rather than the gp-30. on a side note, i took down a J-10 with the F2000 GL today )))
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6716|Debris From Space
Also, I shot some guy with my PKM and he started a kick vote saying that I had a "haxxorz gun". Ok he was a Private. I politely told him that it was a gun unlock and that he would get one if he was a good boy for santa. After this he blew his top and started spamming in caps lock at whoever killed him. I then told him where to go.

Jesus, I just hope he doesn't get hit by a flashbang or the whole server will be full of little kiddies spamming shit at people.

Last edited by idiotofwar (2005-12-23 11:37:18)

luckybaer
+10|6763| Going Feral
Well, this is my first, and I'm trying to be rational, so I hope I can elicit some intelligent responses.

Also, it isn't only about the GL.  I'm asking if I was out of line with my behavior.  Plus, I want to know if people that blow themselves up with the GL lose points like a suicide or not.

I'm new to this stuff, so I want to observe online gaming protocols and such.

Last edited by luckybaer (2005-12-23 11:35:20)

First
+3|6709|Canada
there is a million threads about the GL and if u can shoot some 1 with it from 25 feet away fine but using it from 15 feet to 0 feet is noob zone......... and u wernt out of line in my opinion

Last edited by First (2005-12-23 11:36:07)

luckybaer
+10|6763| Going Feral
I try not to use it from less than 25 METERS. 

Only sometimes I spaz and pull the trigger when I bump into someone in CQ combat.  Shame on me for being a ditz.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6795|Orlando, FL - Age 43
I share your enthusiasm for the GL.   

Idiotofwar, people need to stop complaining about the people who complain about the whiners who complain about n00b t00bs!
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Idiotofwar, people need to stop complaining about the people who complain about the whiners who complain about n00b t00bs!
I wasn't complaining. I just stated it. If i wanted to complain I would have started a topic called.

"I HATE U PPL COMPLAINING ABOUT WHINERS WHO BITCH ABOUT N00B TUBERS"

If you go back one page, you will see there isn't.

Please, think before you say something stupid. I like the M203. I'll use it against a humvee. Or a rooftop sniper.

Last edited by idiotofwar (2005-12-23 11:42:57)

luckybaer
+10|6763| Going Feral
At first I never used it because of all the posts beeotching about "N00b T00bers."  Then I realized that I was missing out on a big part of the game.  Other people were N00b T00bing me from close range, and I'd roll my eyes and cuss!  I can see why people get pi$$ed when they get their arse handed to them that way.  That's why I try to use it as a distance weapon.  It is good for disrupting snipers on rooftops or for actually killing them - especially on maps like "Warlord" in SF.
luckybaer
+10|6763| Going Feral

idiotofwar wrote:

Darth_Fleder wrote:

I wasn't complaining. I just stated it. If i wanted to complain I would have started a topic called.

"I HATE U PPL COMPLAINING ABOUT WHINERS WHO BITCH ABOUT N00B TUBERS"

If you go back one page, you will see there isn't.

Please, think before you say something stupid.
Your sig is pretty cool.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
What the custom stats sig or Bunny?
Darth_Fleder
Idiot,

You awfully free with the stupid accusation. You should take your own advice and calm down so you can think clearly. If you would look a little closer, you might see the humor in what I wrote.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Idiot,

You awfully free with the stupid accusation. You should take your own advice and calm down so you can think clearly. If you would look a little closer, you might see the humor in what I wrote.
Sorry sorry, i've been in a bit of a pissed off mood. Had a bit of insomnia lately and a bad cough. It's been hard to see the funny side of things these few days. Sorry.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6809
funny how he can call you an idiot without flaming you.
Darth_Fleder
Roger that, Idiotofwar.

I hope you feel better and have a Merry Christmas!

Btw, I like your sig too, where can I found out how to create one? (not the bunny)

Last edited by Darth_Fleder (2005-12-23 11:55:08)

idiotofwar
Jet Rammer

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Roger that.

I hope you feel better and have a Merry Christmas!

Btw, I like your sig too, where can I found out how to create one? (not the bunny)
Ok read the top sticky topic. It tells you how. Or if you're lazy here's a link.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=8391

You have to register at a site, but it took me 5 mins after that.
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6830|Scotland!
no, you DO use it much, it's people like me that don't use it much with 5 kills with it.
Darth_Fleder
Thanx for the info....I just found the thread on it as well.

Get some sleep.
Sud
+0|6737
So, I realized I was being a bad host, so I typed an apology, and in the middle of the apology, I got killed and they said, "N00b."  Geez.  Kids these days.  LOL.
Never apologize or show weakness to them. They can sense it, and they feed off it.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6758|Human Meat Shield
Why not use it? It's there, enjoy it. I thought if I was better than the rest by not using it and not being a toober, that I was A-OK... nope it got me killed with another, that thinking was just stupidity and everyone thinking that its not fair is just complaining, so I say use it to your hearts content, if you see the dude , you can actually see him pausing to launch, so the best thing is to run, otherwise you are dead anyway if you don't see him, so it doesn't matter. I used to complain about the tuber because I got shot and it was 'unfair' in the sense that I didn't see him or my back was turned and there is no aiming involved, so what, live with it. Shoot him before he shoots you, thats the name of the game. It's like complaining about someone that pulls a knife expecting you to use a knife, sometimes you get lucky, and most times the guy laughs and puts lead in your head.
luckybaer
+10|6763| Going Feral

idiotofwar wrote:

What the custom stats sig or Bunny?
LOL.  The custom stats thing. 

Oh, the bunny is cute, too.
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6730|Clinton, MD, USA
I'm starting to get addicted to the grenade launcher. I hope I don't become a n00b t00ber...
Stroudmaster
+0|6467|England
lol, i love the nade launcher, one time i was playing on strike of karkand level and i shot a guy with a nade launcher, then medics healed him, i killed them, more medics, more deaths, this kept going till i ran out of grenades, i think i got bout 20-30 kills within a few minutes, it was hilarious
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6763|Nova Scotia, Canada

lol @ 8 month old topic reviving.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6468|Trondheim, Norway
to bad EA removed the bunny hoping...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard