Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
[Battlefield 2142] Q&A covering the upcoming Battlefield 2142 Update 1.50

Q. What new content will we see in Battlefield 2142 Update 1.50?

A. As well as a number of bug fixes and tweaks based on community feedback we are going to be releasing two new maps created by community members. Wake Island makes its return to Battlefield PC thanks to the guys at Sir. Community and a map which you may have heard of called Anzio will be appearing with a name change as Operation Shingle created by Jason Brice. We are also bringing a No Vehicles option to a number of 2142 maps for those players who want to fight it out on foot as well as allowing you to access 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions for those widescreen monitors. We also heard your cries for movement in pods to be re-introduced on transport ship escape pods so we have been working on giving that back to you while still limiting pod surfing use.

Q. How did you select the community maps to include in Update 1.50?

A. Both maps we decided to include in Update 1.50 were selected from a wide choice of maps that are out there in the community, it was felt they brought something new to Battlefield 2142 and although some of you will have seen them before in previous forms, they have now been updated and are new maps to Battlefield 2142. Both groups have worked closely with DICE Live and have gone through extensive testing to get the best balance and Battlefield experience from the maps. Wake Island 2142 also holds a little twist to the way Conquest game mode is usually played so watch out for that.

Q. When will Battlefield 2142 Update 1.50 be released?

A. Update 1.50 will be released for public beta towards the end of April and is there to get your feedback as well as run checks on server stability. All being well, we will release Update 1.50 at the beginning of May. Visit EA - ::Battlefield Franchise:: for more announcements regarding the beta and launch and leave your feedback on the forums.
Wake? Seriously?

Oh well. Any content is better than no new content .
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6409|Somersetshire
"We also heard your cries for movement in pods to be re-introduced on transport ship escape pods so we have been working on giving that back to you while still limiting pod surfing use."

/shocked

my goodness, all that bitching about it and they listened, alright people this is what we do, bitch (in email form lol) to EA for a patch for bf2 lol

i wonder what wake will be like? a single titan unmovable hovering over the sea lol
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6436
Even though I don't own a widescreen monitor, I find it very interesting that they've added the widescreen options since I thought it was just another one of those things they would never listen to. The new content I'm not so bothered about but it'll mean BF2142 will get a reinstall if only for a few days.
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6245|TEXAS
WOOOOOOOO I CANT WAIT!!! Shingle sounds freakin cool for clark fans like me.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344
Widescreen resolution was way overdue.

But I/O? Ffs, please don´t. It was gay nade fest in Bf2 and will be in 2142. We do not need a no vehicles mod, teh vehicles in 2142 arn´t overpowered. Damn whiners and point whoring kiddies.

Well, guess I jsut wait what april brings
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
I agree completely about IO. It ruined the class balance in BF2. Games desolved into bunny hopping and nade spamming, and the G36E was king. The worst part was that most servers switched to it. It was a dark day for Bf2, even though I didn't realise it at the time.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-04-28 14:19:48)

kptk92
u
+972|6409|tc_london
lol I told you Wake was gonna be there
Brasso
+1,549|6631

I guess I'll try out 2142 again, although I won't play on my old account.  I don't want to mess up my stats.  Yes, I said it.  I had a KDR and I'm not going to ruin it.

Hopefully with the rig below, 2142 won't be a lagfest anymoar.

But I know it will be.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
chittydog
less busy
+586|6836|Kubra, Damn it!

So the new content is just old content?
Zukabazuka
+23|6686
Just wonder where did this come from?
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5932|Somewhere out in Space
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6158|Anaheim, Mexifornia
Wow 2142 has reached 1.50
While Bf2 is still at 1.41 gg DICE.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271

MetaL* wrote:

Wow 2142 has reached 1.50
While Bf2 is still at 1.41 gg DICE.
Well, to be fair, 2142 skipped 1.3 entirely, so they've had the same number of patches.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6779|Long Island
I like how the wake description says it will have a twist on Conquest.  Whatever it may be, sounds fun!
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6409|Somersetshire

Sisco10 wrote:

i don't know about you, but here in merry old England, April's nearly over, one more day after today and it's May, so when are they releasing the beta again? lol

(i'm hoping for today or tomorrow lol, give me something to do, i just hope there will be more then 3 servers and that they don't constantly crash each round)
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
IO infects 2142? FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!!!!!!!
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker
Sweet, I just re-installed 2142 and NS on my new PC. 
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN
This is great.  2 new maps AND widescreen support.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6503|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
It's nice.
But I have my thoughts about Wake with the Titan Mode...

We just have to wait and see.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California
wait a second.. whats the current patch for it now lol?
Sisco
+493|6344

Tehremos wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

i don't know about you, but here in merry old England, April's nearly over, one more day after today and it's May, so when are they releasing the beta again? lol

(i'm hoping for today or tomorrow lol, give me something to do, i just hope there will be more then 3 servers and that they don't constantly crash each round)
Yeah, well, uhm, lol. Dunno, they said at the end of it. Today is the 29th so I guess its gonna be soon .

And I bet the twist on wake is assault lines mode with the airfield as the pac homebase. Would fit perfectly.

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

wait a second.. whats the current patch for it now lol?
I think it´s 1.4. Been a while since I installed it.
~edit~ Yep, 1.40 ~edit~

Last edited by Sisco10 (2008-04-29 00:33:06)

Hakei
Banned
+295|5996
Best part is, I think about 5 times the number of people play BF2 over BF2142, and they still have no plans on patching BF2.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN

Hakei wrote:

Best part is, I think about 5 times the number of people play BF2 over BF2142, and they still have no plans on patching BF2.
I know isn't that great! 
Sisco
+493|6344

Naturn wrote:

Hakei wrote:

I know isn't that great! 
It´s because they fucked up bf2 so bad, theres no way to fix that.

btw, DICE, today´s the 30th, so whats the dealio?
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

Hakei wrote:

Bf2 died when 2142 came out, same thing happen with bf2 and BFV, besides that, the 2142 community isnt nearly as bitchy as the BF2 ive noticed.  That said, 2142 really hasnt had alot fo support any ways

Bf2 had 1 expansion and 3 addons where as 2142 has one addon.  Now tell me 2142 is getting more attention.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard