Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
It actually looks pretty damn decent.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fu … mp;game=10

(Yeah yeah, planet battlefield, etc gay fsdkjgbkjfb)
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5956|London, England

That does look fucking brutal, the customizable aspect is awsm.

I saw a Captain Price Mustache at the end, i know what my guy is gonna look like

I wish i could be invited to test the beta
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6428|Brisbane, Australia

Awesome!
GR34
+215|6536|ALBERTA> CANADA
Tf2?
Tetn1s
+59|6633|Los Angeles
What does it take to get invited to the beta?

I wanna beta so bad..
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6435|California
I can see the mass of people running to the planes in the beginning of the round already.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6548|Brisbane, Aus

at  00:32  (the video clock is backwards so 32 till end)..  guy who's supposed to be a spy character, same smoke effects & cloak as TF2

if anything they've tried to make it as silly as they can so people can't say it's ripped off theme, hasn't worked.

Last edited by Fenix14 (2008-04-27 00:28:56)

-=Scott=-
+2|6824|San Diego, CA

Poseidon wrote:

(Yeah yeah, planet battlefield, etc gay fsdkjgbkjfb)
What's wrong with Planet Battlefield?
kptk92
u
+972|6399|tc_london
Secks
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459
WANT WANT WANT!!!!!!

And TF2 was not the first cartoon game ever, so they ain't ripping off anyone any more than Valve did with TF2.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459
Is that a peg-leg? Holy shit I'm gonna be a Nazi-Pirate when this game comes out@!!!!!!!1111111111111111

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-04-27 11:39:47)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
I'm glad you think it looks good. I still think it looks stupid. Cartoon style with none of the charm and none of the character.

They've even included 'taunts', if they can be called such a thing. Arms moving about while making strange noises isn't funny.

The best part of that vid was the peg leg Nazi. Well. Peg leg 'National Army' or whatever the hell it is.

Still, i'm going to try and get the beta of course. Just because I think the trailers look rubbish doesn't mean i'm discounting the game just yet. I just think they're trying hard at humour and failing miserably.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6277|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Dogfighting looks absolute win, and Nazi-Pirate? Fuck yeah.
weasel_thingo
+74|6318

Fenix14 wrote:

at  00:32  (the video clock is backwards so 32 till end)..  guy who's supposed to be a spy character, same smoke effects & cloak as TF2

if anything they've tried to make it as silly as they can so people can't say it's ripped off theme, hasn't worked.
in 2142 the sniper could cloak aswell (also in tf2 the smoke is when disguising, but that isnt really relevant)
and also TF2 wasnt the first game to have a spy like characters or cartoon type graphics

but i suppose GTA4 did copy TF2 as you can clearly shoot in both games, and TF2 came out first
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

lol i wanna peg leg
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6373|the land of bourbon
ill pass.  i'd rather have realism over cartoons
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6293
Lol, This game looks so hilarious!

I want to play it.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6277|eng

steelie34 wrote:

Fun > All.

amirite?
#rekt
DrunkenPirate
Rum Baron
+44|6685|Norfolk, England

steelie34 wrote:

You're turning down a free game that's focused primary on the actual fun aspect simply because it isn't going to be historically and militarily accurate?
Not everyone wants tactical and realism shooters ALL the time..
d.Luxe
Banned
+64|5842

Mint Sauce wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Fun > All.

amirite?
urite
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6393|dm_maidenhead

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I'm glad you think it looks good. I still think it looks stupid. Cartoon style with none of the charm and none of the character.

They've even included 'taunts', if they can be called such a thing. Arms moving about while making strange noises isn't funny.

The best part of that vid was the peg leg Nazi. Well. Peg leg 'National Army' or whatever the hell it is.

Still, i'm going to try and get the beta of course. Just because I think the trailers look rubbish doesn't mean i'm discounting the game just yet. I just think they're trying hard at humour and failing miserably.
Taunts are good when tf2 does it though amirite?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261

Peter wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Yup. Effort went into TF2's ones. These Heroes ones are rubbish.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6357|California

steelie34 wrote:

please go to your local recruiting center, thanks.
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6148|Anaheim, Mexifornia

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Peter wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Yup. Effort went into TF2's ones. These Heroes ones are rubbish.
I thought they were cute.

>:[       <---- this is mah sadface.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6294|The | Netherlands

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

please go to your local recruiting center, thanks.
woot, a post of you without saying you played cal.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard