SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6140|North Tonawanda, NY
Last contact was 30 miles off Brazil's coast; 'he's alive somewhere'

SAO PAULO, Brazil - Searchers scanned the waters off Brazil's southern Atlantic coast on Tuesday for a Roman Catholic priest who disappeared after floating into the sky under hundreds of helium party balloons.

Rescuers in helicopters and small fishing boats spent a second day seeking signs of the Rev. Adelir Antonio de Carli, said the treasurer of his Sao Cristovao parish, Denise Gallas.

Carli lifted off Sunday afternoon from the port city of Paranagua, wearing a helmet, thermal suit and a parachute.

He was reported missing about eight hours later after losing contact with port authority officials. Authorities later saw pieces of balloons floating in the sea off the coast of Santa Catarina state close to where Carli last made contact.

"We have no reason at this point to believe he is not still alive. He may be floating in the ocean, on some isolated beach or on land somewhere," said Paulo Eduardo Neves, a commander of one of the fire departments searching for Carli.
https://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photo_StoryLevel/080422/080422-priest-vmed-2p.standard.jpg
Article

This made me chuckle a little, before I realized just how shitty that really is.  I hope they find him.

Last edited by SenorToenails (2008-04-24 22:07:36)

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5975|London, England

pop the balloons, pfft catholics, i bet he tried to get closer to "god"
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Mutantsteak wrote:

He was actually trying to raise money and break a record.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6009|The Mitten

Mutantsteak wrote:

article wrote:

The priest was trying to break a 19-hour record for the most hours flying with balloons to fund a spiritual rest stop for truckers in Paranagua, home to Brazil's largest grain port. Brazilian truckers often spend days waiting to unload in the port, especially during the busy soy export season now under way.
But of course you read the article, my bad.
EE (hats
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6717|67.222.138.85
They should check heaven.

unless...

he's been touching little boys. Then maybe they should check down under. By which I mean Australia. Just kidding, I mean hell.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6819|Marathon, Florida Keys
Lol
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6529|Adelaide, South Australia

I'm having mixed reactions here.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6759|Mark it zero.
maybe he floated his way up to heaven?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6665

Does he believe in god now?
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6551|Washington
Good. Maybe he's dead..
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Spider1980 wrote:

Good. Maybe he's dead..
Wow, you're a great guy!  Why would you hope he's dead?
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6447|Brisbane, Australia
....what an idoit.

I saw somewhere else he had a GPS, but he didnt know how to work it or something.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6577|NYC / Hamburg

at least load of boys won't get fucked now. The world is a fair place afterall
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6163|what

You can't blame the Priest. He'd never had much experience in dealing with that kind of rubber before.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6683|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
If I find him will he have a number attached for me to ring and claim my prize, like all good balloon competitions?
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6418|Somersetshire
he had a satellite phone with him. Maybe someone should have taught him how to use the equipment before letting him go
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6528|USA
re-diculous.
the fact that he decided to fly over a large body of water instead of jump out proves natural selection works.
run failatlife.exe
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6588|Columbus, OH
He should of Mary Poppins down to earth.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6698|"The Empire"

max wrote:

at least load of boys won't get fucked now. The world is a fair place afterall
Speaking from experience i take it.

Spider1980 wrote:

Good. Maybe he's dead..
One can only hope you die soon as well.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6473|A W S M F O X
I find this perhaps the funniest thing I've ever seen on the news.
jamiet757
+138|6632
You need way more balloons than that to lift a full-grown person, didn't you watch Mythbusters?

They used thousands of balloons and were only just able to lift something the size of a small child.
IonYou
+3|6644

jamiet757 wrote:

You need way more balloons than that to lift a full-grown person, didn't you watch Mythbusters?

They used thousands of balloons and were only just able to lift something the size of a small child.
That was my first reaction too. Here we go another hoax...

But no it's real. MSNBC has a video on it. You can see him lifting off. The balloons used were a bit bigger looking than your standard party balloons though. Air temp and barometric pressure play a role as well.
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5945

SenorToenails wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

He was actually trying to raise money and break a record.
n00b
kptk92
u
+972|6418|tc_london
I reckon he flew into space and suffocated
Alone+EasyTarget
+38|6367|From: From: From:
get Mr Bean to help

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard