FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

LaidBackNinja wrote:

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

What's yo problim ?
lol if its a joke..i laugh
if ur being serious we should make a thread on halirous bf2s quotes.
I honestly don't see it. I mean, come on. Orange juice is like 95% water, right? There should be plenty of oxygen in there for a fish to "breathe"... unless something in the oranges is toxic to the fish... I don't see why it would die. YOU don't die if I throw you into a pool of orange juice, do you?

EDIT: I looked it up, orange juice is 88% water
1 fish can't see
2 fish panics
3 fish can't breathe as well as in normal water (orange juice is sour (an acid))
4 fish either dies of exhaustion or by drowning...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Shadow893
lel
+75|6701|England
When I was in America - Do you speak English in England?
I just stood there and then proceeded to *facepalm* and walk off.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6295|eng

Shadow893 wrote:

When I was in America - Do you speak English in England?
I just stood there and then proceeded to *facepalm* and walk off.
No we speak fucking German what the fuck do you think?!?

Should have stabbed that 'ho.
#rekt
bennisboy
+829|6655|Poundland
"I'm not sleeping with you until you've helped me lose a stone"

I was like "god dammit, you already look great! Also you know sex is good excercis?"

We laughed for a while, then she said "No I'm serious" Grrrrrrrr
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6718|Charlie One Alpha

FloppY_ wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

lol if its a joke..i laugh
if ur being serious we should make a thread on halirous bf2s quotes.
I honestly don't see it. I mean, come on. Orange juice is like 95% water, right? There should be plenty of oxygen in there for a fish to "breathe"... unless something in the oranges is toxic to the fish... I don't see why it would die. YOU don't die if I throw you into a pool of orange juice, do you?

1 fish can't see
2 fish panics
3 fish can't breathe as well as in normal water (orange juice is sour (an acid))
You'd think that a fish sometimes swims in dirty water, so he'd not immediately panic... but then again, I'm not a fish. So I don't know. I know orange juice is not the ideal habitat for fish (obviously) but I'm not sure if it would kill the fish outright. If we can live in smog (polluted dirty air) and breathe it, maybe a fish can live in acidic fluids for a while. It might even depend on the kind of fish. I think my point is that it isn't really that stupid to wonder what would happen to a fish in orange juice. It might even be stupider to go "OMG UR DUMB OFCOURSE THE FISH WILL DIE". Or something.

Anyway my sentry gun beat yours.

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2008-04-14 06:30:36)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
+215|5993|Halifax, West Yorkshire

LaidBackNinja wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

1 fish can't see
2 fish panics
You'd think that a fish sometimes swings in dirty water, so he'd not immediately panic... but then again, I'm not a fish. So I don't know. I know orange juice is not the ideal habitat for fish (obviously) but I'm not sure if it would kill the fish outright. If we can live in smog (polluted dirty air) and breathe it, maybe a fish can live in acidic fluids for a while. It might even depend on the kind of fish. I think my point is that it isn't really that stupid to wonder what would happen to a fish in orange juice. It might even be stupider to go "OMG UR DUMB OFCOURSE THE FISH WILL DIE". Or something.

I'm sure it would live for a while but eventually the citric acid would fuck up it's gills, I bet.

Source wrote:

Water that is too acid or alkali can hurt or even kill a fish so it is important to get it right. Symptoms of acidosis (pH too low) include erratic behaviour such as darting and jumping, usually followed by death. Symptoms of alkalosis (pH too high) include excess mucus production, gasping and sometimes dropsy. Since these symptoms can indicate other illnesses it is important to test the water to determine the reason for the behaviour.
Relevant to Interests

Source wrote:

Many studies have demonstrated that surface water acidification can lead to a decline in, and loss of, fish populations. Below pH 4.5 no fish are likely to survive.
PH of orange juice = 3.30 - 4.19

/thread

Last edited by Ollie (2008-04-14 06:33:04)

LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation

Ollie wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

1 fish can't see
2 fish panics
You'd think that a fish sometimes swings in dirty water, so he'd not immediately panic... but then again, I'm not a fish. So I don't know. I know orange juice is not the ideal habitat for fish (obviously) but I'm not sure if it would kill the fish outright. If we can live in smog (polluted dirty air) and breathe it, maybe a fish can live in acidic fluids for a while. It might even depend on the kind of fish. I think my point is that it isn't really that stupid to wonder what would happen to a fish in orange juice. It might even be stupider to go "OMG UR DUMB OFCOURSE THE FISH WILL DIE". Or something.

I'm sure it would live for a while but eventually the citric acid would fuck up it's gills, I bet.

Source wrote:

Water that is too acid or alkali can hurt or even kill a fish so it is important to get it right. Symptoms of acidosis (pH too low) include erratic behaviour such as darting and jumping, usually followed by death. Symptoms of alkalosis (pH too high) include excess mucus production, gasping and sometimes dropsy. Since these symptoms can indicate other illnesses it is important to test the water to determine the reason for the behaviour.
Relevant to Interests
Yeah I know all about pH and stuff, but I don't know how all fish react to it. I know enough about chemistry, but not biology. I'm not a fish expert. My point is, it's not really that stupid to wonder what would happen to a fish in orange juice. Obviously some fish would die, but there is a great variety between different species of fish. Some might live in orange juice longer than others.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
I agree. I wondered about it myself till I did a little research most sources say that most fish die at pH levels under 4.5...orange juice is generally lower than that.

I guess the only way to find out for sure would be an experiment but that would be just a little bit cruel.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation

Ollie wrote:

I agree. I wondered about it myself till I did a little research most sources say that most fish die at pH levels under 4.5...orange juice is generally lower than that.

I guess the only way to find out for sure would be an experiment but that would be just a little bit cruel.
True. We could dress Mitch up as a fish and try it on him.
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Ollie wrote:

True. We could dress Mitch up as a fish and try it on him.
Lez do it!
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Ollie wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Source wrote:

Relevant to Interests
Yeah I know all about pH and stuff, but I don't know how all fish react to it. I know enough about chemistry, but not biology. I'm not a fish expert. My point is, it's not really that stupid to wonder what would happen to a fish in orange juice. Obviously some fish would die, but there is a great variety between different species of fish. Some might live in orange juice longer than others.
So when is some sick person going to test this and put a vid on youtube
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
liquix
+51|6463|Peoples Republic of Portland
I don't like him, he's just a friend.

bwauahaha.

Oh to be young
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6517
just last week so its on the top of my head "Jews don't believe in God", after we are nearing the end of our unit in religion class on jews

and "I truley believe we can get rid of racism in this life time"
"like what do you mean? total racism around the world?"
"yeah, i think its possible with help from god"
".."
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6611

FloppY_ wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Ollie wrote:

Relevant to Interests
So when is some sick person going to test this and put a vid on youtube
ok try it out, put a gold fish in a bowl of orange juice if you really think that it'll live.

im just kidding...

Last edited by {B-T}<babacanosh> (2008-04-14 17:24:09)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina
Yes.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6420|'Murka

I do.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

Pull out
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702
"You're nice, but not when you're horny."

Lol, I deserved it.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2008-04-14 20:12:57)

buttersIRL
+17|6606
was in the pub and Sky News was on the Tv.  i said look sky news is on and she said "oh right, what channel is that on ?"  its on the Sky news channel !
buttersIRL
+17|6606
The absolute best thing was this.

At the gf's house for xmas, so at christmas dinner I asked if there was any red wine and she said yes it's in the other room.  so I went in and there was about 10 full open bottles of red wine.  I said why/when did you open all the wine bottles, and she said I heard you have to let red wine breathe so I opened them about 2 weeks ago !
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6352
"Let´s stay friends..."
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6482|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Girls don't say things to me. That's because all girls around are too dumb to speak, they just make animalistic noises.
Dewd...

https://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6421/a492bmdu9.gif

On another note. I had this super-blonde in my class in junior high. She wasn't always on the map and caused some detentions too for example this one. 3 girls were skipping church one day when the whole school went to the nearby church to listen to a mass or sumtin ( I dunno what. I was listening to Megadeth ). Well anyhoo, our class teacher had a this once a week lesson where we get feedback detentions and stuff and at the point when our teacher says "Ok, that seems to be it. No detentions this week" Linda here who has been drawing the whole time humming doo-de-doo for her self goes DING! "Hey didn't we get anything from when we skipped church?!" The whole class bursted to laugh and tears so damn hard while 2 girls are thanking her for a one hour detention. She's quite smart but she had her moments every now and then
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6362|Troy, New York
"How do I accept my two free Ipods?"
"Thats a scam"
"No, a real person told me I won two free I-pods on my computer!"
Yup, blond.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6587|Columbus, OH
I miss you

My thoughts (was I gone for a long period of time?)
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6357|Belfast
"all i want to be is friends"

that was 2 years ago

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard