Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Wouldn't it be awesome if they just said "ok fuck this, you guys go buy a car from your local dealership, remove windows/glass and all the obvious dangerous stuff, then bring it to the track and lets tear this shit up"

"add turbos also"

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-11-04 15:16:40)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

we call that the destruction derby
Mekstizzle
WALKER
They just need to put the stock back into stock car racing otherwise what's the point
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5949|Blue Mountain State

burnzz wrote:

we call that the demolition derby
fix'd. knob
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

ur in ball freezing Nebraska - we call it destruction out here, hoser

nothing leaves til it's destroyed . . .
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6544
And the latest on Danica...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/1 … ks-heat-up

At last...perhaps...a woman with a touch of talent might, just might drive in NASCAR. 
Her learning curve will be steep for sure.

I'll wager we hear something definate before the end of the year.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
I wouldn't mind learning her curves ... oh, did I say that out loud?
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6544

Stingray24 wrote:

I wouldn't mind learning her curves ... oh, did I say that out loud?
umm...
yes...yes you did hehehe

Indeed, she will be a welcome sight at the track...talent, and a sweet body to go along with it.  Hottest thing in NASCAR...hotter than Bristol motor speedway in august 

Personally, I hope it all works out.  NASCAR needs a competitive woman, and driving JMS cars, she'll have Hendrick power and reliability, and "Pops" Eury is a great crew chief.  She can get this done imo, she has everything going for her.

*crosses fingers*
Mekstizzle
WALKER
She's just a show pony
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6544

Mekstizzle wrote:

She's just a show pony
I agree with that, to a degree.  Fact is tho, Danica has more potential than any other woman thats ever driven in NASCAR.  She is a marketing dream, of that there can be no doubt. 
She has won in IRL (fuel mileage in Japan) and consistantly finishes well.  She has a decent shot at some success...provided she can get with a good crew chief, a good team and if that team provides her with decent cars.  Several other open wheelers with long term success and even championships have tried and failed to be sure.  But as we saw with Kobayashi in F1, you dont really have to have success in one series, or tier to have success in another.

Fact is, I hope it works out for her.  NASCAR needs Danica right now.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6544
With the 48's win on sunday, no matter what Mark does (win and lead the most laps) Jimmie simply needs to finish 25th or better and history will be made.

wow.
Stingray24
Bow down, Chevy rules!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

i lol'ed, when i saw that if Jimmie starts the race, jeff gordon's out . . .
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6544

burnzz wrote:

i lol'ed, when i saw that if Jimmie starts the race, jeff gordon's out . . .
Indeed.
And as stated before, no matter what the 5 does, the 48 simply needs to run 25th or better.  I've never seen these guys (the 48) run in  conservative mode...ie just "ride"...so I expect the 48 to run far better than 25th.  Unless something stupid happens...like the 00 taking the 77 up the ass again for no good reason (ala Texas).  Qualifying will be very, very important for the 48 this week.

A note or opinion about next season...
If somebody doesnt step up and get their shit togeather (see the 42 and or the 18) at this moment I see no threat to cup #5 for the 48 next year.
Thats my prediction, and I'm stickin' to it hehe.
(you guys are more than welcome to chop my head off if I'm wrong )

I expect Homestead to be a barn burner...several teams with nothing to lose, and a couple that want to finish top 5 in points...its gonna be a scrap.

The 33 of Ron Hornaday has secured the championship in the truck series already, and Kyle just kinda has to start to win the Busch (nationwide) title, so really, the only true contest will be the Cup series...

Bring it baby
#4 for the 48!!

Big Dale sr. fan I am...but Jimmie and Chad and that team have never ceased to impress this year (or last year for that matter).  This guy is looking at greatness, I dont give a damn what anyone else says.  And trust me, I'll be the first to admit I was once one of the haters of the 48...
Stingray24
Get ready to see history made today at Homestead.  Either we'll have Jimmie's 4th championship in a row or Mark's first.  Either way, should be interesting.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6544
Well, thats it...
4 straight...never been done before.

I've been watching this sport long enough to have seen some of the best.  Petty, Earnhardt and so on...imho, the 48 team, not just Jimmie, not just Chad, but that team are the best I've ever seen.

Congratulations to those guys, they earned it.

I was torn between the 48 and the 5.  I've watched Mark race for a very long time, and if anyone in the garage 'deserves' a Cup, its Mark.  Maybe next year, for what they accomplished this year was simply phenomenal.

Daytona 2010 in 83 days...
Stingray24
https://www.autoracingdaily.com/images/featured/jj_Hendrick.jpg

Read em n weep
Stingray24
Danica, Nationwide, JR Motorsports ... me likey

https://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20091130/130510.jpg
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6544
That smells of wickedness thru and thru...
Just goes to show that Jr. has a nice eye for a nice ass

Glad she's comming though.  The sport could use her imo.  I hope she has some sort of success...even a little.
Stingray24
I, for one, fully support the addition of hot women to the field of NASCAR drivers.

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlin … index.html
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

Hope she can drive a stock car better than the way I saw her in an open wheels car.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6544

Canin wrote:

Hope she can drive a stock car better than the way I saw her in an open wheels car.
You must be thinking of Milka Duno.  Labeled by many drivers and team chiefs as "the rolling chicane".  Danica actually has a decent record in Irl.  I wouldnt underestimate her tbh.  She is doing it right, imho, and is going to start out in very good equipment.  Danica has talent, but we'll see what she can do in a downforce challenged, 3400lb. stock car.

Last edited by TC.Troy (2009-12-17 17:51:37)

Stingray24
Road America in 2010 schedule ...

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlin … index.html
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6162|14072
Jimmy Johnson male athlete of the year!
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6544

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

Jimmy Johnson male athlete of the year!
yeah, I thought that was rather cool myself...

I have here gents, a link to an article written by ol' DW.  Sometimes the old bastard pisses me off.  A lot of times he needs to shut up and talk less period.  But, for the most part, I agree with what he says...mostly...
Anyway, this article is in regard to the number 3, and his opinion on bringing it back.  It takes like  minutes to read...
If you know anything about the 3, or if you gave a shit about Sr. or Jr. for that matter, you NEED to read this and think about your opinion on it.
It would be interesting to know those opinions hehe.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/D … car-122009

Read this...about 5 minutes...

I'm still digesting it really.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard