Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6703|Espoo, Finland
Name's a bit lame, but the site will propably be pretty cool.

Would rather stay on this site though...
bennisboy
+829|6665|Poundland

OrangeHound wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

You are not having problems.

There is no site ... it is under development.  What you are seeing is all there will be for a few months.
oh OK, the way people were talkin about it made me think otherwise
By the way, that is a "radar sweep" and not a "speedometer".
lol, looks like I was wrong again then, it does look kinda like a speedometer tho
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6645|UK

Gawwad wrote:

It'll grow on you. It has on me since it was first thought of 1 year and a month ago.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6703|Espoo, Finland

liquidat0r wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

It'll grow on you. It has on me since it was first thought of 1 year and a month ago.
Sounds like flickr
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6725|67.222.138.85

ATG wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

So far it hasn't made anyone in the dev site cry streams of blood, but it will be a shift.
You haven't seen my pillow.

For the people saying there will be a dilution of members you know, this isn't meant to shove anyone away, this is meant as BF2S Community v2.0. There will be some leaving, some coming as always, but you should recognize most of the same users you do now, just on a new domain.
Accept it seems we are all reset on a equal basis, which of course is slightly disconcerting to me.
If this thing ends with me not beating Alpha I shall be morose.

But, I have forum shopped. I even made a goodbye thread.

Those who come back come back because of the people, not the karma.

There are some good running inside jokes on DST, like when Serge gets all bitchy like he's got a pussy, or Marine checks in with his usual 2-3 word post ( posts sometimes containing as much attitude and gravity as some wall of text posts ).

There are the familiar faces.

Interesting times.
I'll stay as long as it feels like home.

*edit  Alpha has 2551, lol. Go team.
After all this time, you have developed something, something that no site change can take away, your reputation.

A name like ATG, or usmarine, or sergeriver will always mean more to me than a new face, no matter what numbers are attached to the accounts.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6751|St. Andrews / Oslo

OrangeHound wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

You are not having problems.

There is no site ... it is under development.  What you are seeing is all there will be for a few months.
Bern's gonna be mad
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6645|UK

Gawwad wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Sounds like flickr
And?
Ryan
+1,230|6861|Alberta, Canada

I like the name trackr.
Microwave
_
+515|6673|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Me = excited!
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6508|Gogledd Cymru

Doubt i'll sign up.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6588|Portland, OR, USA

The Sheriff wrote:

Doubt i'll sign up.
No... you will... and I better see all of you bitches over there. this is a l33t community that shouldn't be lost to a change in the interwebs.... and everyone better have the same name or I'm going to be confused beyond all reason
Microwave
_
+515|6673|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

The Sheriff wrote:

Doubt i'll sign up.
Denial!
Simon
basically
+838|6676|UK

CommieChipmunk wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Doubt i'll sign up.
No... you will... and I better see all of you bitches over there. this is a l33t community that shouldn't be lost to a change in the interwebs.... and everyone better have the same name or I'm going to be confused beyond all reason
hehe.. reminds me of the temp forums.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6537|Montucky
hopefully it'll include a Junk Drawer.
Surgeons

CommieChipmunk wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Doubt i'll sign up.
By the way, I've just had a leet idea, and I know if I post it here, it will fall into the wrong hands.

How do you know that the new people registering are the people you know?

For example, I could register as say, Noobest, what's to stop me?
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6751|St. Andrews / Oslo

The Sheriff wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Doubt i'll sign up.
By the way, I've just had a leet idea, and I know if I post it here, it will fall into the wrong hands.

admins?

But I don't really care, nobody can steal Jenspm

Last edited by Jenspm (2008-02-02 16:33:21)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6668|Washington DC

The Sheriff wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Doubt i'll sign up.

We have ways of identifying users, and we can make adjustments where necessary.  Besides, you aren't planning to be a member there so why worry about it?
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6420|dm_maidenhead

The Sheriff wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Doubt i'll sign up.

mods can see ips.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6725|67.222.138.85

Peter wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

mods can see ips.
It's a little more than that. You know those nature shows of scientists capturing and tagging animals so they can keep track of their movement and numbers? It's kinda like that.
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6409|fÄking denmark

Peter wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

mods can see ips.
True.
Surgeons

OrangeHound wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

We have ways of identifying users, and we can make adjustments where necessary.  Besides, you aren't planning to be a member there so why worry about it?
I know, not worrying, just informing.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6544|South Florida

bennisboy wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

lol, looks like I was wrong again then, it does look kinda like a speedometer tho
I thought it was a windshield wiper.
15 more years! 15 more years!
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6409

I hope Drupal isn't the sort of weird stuff they use on invision boards.  That layout just annoys me.
Brasso
+1,549|6649

The Sheriff wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Doubt i'll sign up.

That's exactly what I asked earlier.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Ryan
+1,230|6861|Alberta, Canada

haffeysucks wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

That's exactly what I asked earlier.
Mods could always see your IP here, then look at you IP at trackr. If it is different, they will know you aren't who you say you are.
Although, you could sign up at a friends house with a different IP, that could throw things off, but they could compare Surgeon's IP with that of Noosha's, and they would see it would be the same.

Lots of work, but it's the only way to know. And why would people do it anyway?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard