The#1Spot
+105|6546|byah
chittydog
less busy
+586|6841|Kubra, Damn it!

What's to discuss? She was doing something extremely dangerous and was punished for it.
aimless
+166|6131|Texas
lol I'm not sure how you accidentally end up on a freeway.

7 days isn't the end of the world though.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6653
lol at rl ban
Volatile
+252|6710|Sextupling in Empire

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

lol at rl ban
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6713|67.222.138.85
Only for seven days? Should have had her license taken away.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6506|so randum
read this yestarday.

funny tbh, and its not exactly a long ban. Plus, you can fail your driving test by driving too slow, and 10mph is a bit tooo slow
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jsnipy
+3,276|6528|...

chittydog wrote:

What's to discuss? She was doing something extremely dangerous and was punished for it.
Volatile
+252|6710|Sextupling in Empire

jsnipy wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Alternative modes of transportation for old people.

I think we need to incorporate tube technology into our trasportation system. Kinda like what you send your checks and money through when you go to the drive thru teller at the bank.
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6424|Florida
She's an idiot, what's to discuss!
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6690|West Yorkshire, U.K
So she should be banned the idiot
jsnipy
+3,276|6528|...

Volatile wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

chittydog wrote:

There are already plenty of services that senior citzens can take advantage of. In my experiences anyway, american elderlies tend to want to drive reguardless of ability out of a sense of pride and independence. Providing an alternative does not mean it would get taken advantage of.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6356|Iowa...
58 isn't really that old when you think about it,so age isn't the problem here.this woman simply sucks at driving.
dave_the_rave23
psn - do_one_ya_mug
+41|5985
she mite aswell have been in a wheelchair .
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6532|Milkystania, yurop
I do think they did not take her license away cause she has M.S and that she needs the car. But that what she was doing was extremley dangerous
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6506|so randum
There was a story a few years ago that made me lol. Some old guy managed to get on the M25 i think, going the wrong way....in a mobility chair. i dont think he used the hard shoulder or anything.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Skorpy-chan
+127|6351|Twyford, UK
It's easy to find yourself accidentally on a motorway. Almost managed that on my bike once, but found a bridge with a convinient slope next to it so I could get off and navigate another way.

And yes, 10MPH on a motorway is illegal. The minimum limit is around 40, designed to give police the power to arrest fuel fax protestors before the whole anti-terror legislation allowed them to do it without charge.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6506|so randum

Skorpy-chan wrote:

It's easy to find yourself accidentally on a motorway.
It's not in the slightest.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6499|N. Ireland
Even 45 (Learner speed limit, even on motorways) is too slow for motorways. My brother, while on his Rs, was being safer doing 70 instead of 45 and got pulled over for speeding. "Technically" he was speeding but it was a load of nonsense. 10mph is awful though.
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6728|Indianapolis, IN
They need to give her help....
surely there are groups of people with similar problems.....

I think they got the right punishment.  7 days, surely she can find someone to help her or they can give her options of her to find help.
The test at the end makes sense to re-evaluate her driving skills.  If she passes, she can drive again.  If not, then help her find a support group.
colonelioan
+14|6462|Kanada
Rofl, this reminds me of that south park episode when the elders want their license lol
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6657|United States
Why would she drive 10mph in first place.  If she wants go 10mph then she needs to get a bike.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6727|Sydney, Australia

Volatile wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

chittydog wrote:

I think we need to incorporate tube technology into our trasportation system. Kinda like what you send your checks and money through when you go to the drive thru teller at the bank.
Haha... like Futurama.
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6728|Indianapolis, IN

Private_Adam wrote:

Why would she drive 10mph in first place.  If she wants go 10mph then she needs to get a bike.
why, because she was scared.
I don't think you are going to see someone with MS on a bike...
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6835|Grapevine, TX

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Only for seven days? Should have had her license taken away.
QFE, permanently.
FACT: The #1 reasons for auto accidents are slow drivers!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard