Like them3%3% - 1
Love them!12%12% - 4
Total: 33
Madhadda1
+270|6552|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Changes made today in tf2:

Sudden Death mode is now a server option (a convar) and defaults to OFF

Sapped buildings now take slightly less damage from the Spy who sapped them

The Medic's Medigun now charges at an increased rate during Setup time, to remove the need for self-damage grinding

Fixed an rcon/console command that could cause server crashes

Prevented players from playing the "civilian" class

Prevented players from hiding their name in the scoreboard

Fixed exploit where the Medigun UberCharge wouldn't drain if you switched weapons

Fixed decals not being correctly applied to the world in some cases

I was just wondering how people felt about them, also they added a staircase into a dustbowl map.  Personally i do not like these changes at all, i honestly think the game was absolutley perfect before hand ( other than the glitch's of course ) .... So how do you feel about them?
Stimey
­
+786|6128|Ontario | Canada
My TF2 Broke
Its only compatible with about 7 servers.
Re-install time.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6446|King Of The Islands

Madhadda1 wrote:

they added a staircase into a dustbowl map.
Whar?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York

Cheez wrote:

Madhadda1 wrote:

Whar?
Third stage. With the Rocket at the end, I think.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6332|New Haven, CT
More ubercharge is a bad thing.
Madhadda1

Poseidon wrote:

Cheez wrote:

Madhadda1 wrote:

Whar?
Third stage. With the Rocket at the end, I think.
Stage 3 by the first cap point.
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

they anything new new (maps etc)?

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-12-20 19:42:15)

David.P
Banned
+649|6281

Madhadda1 wrote:

I was just wondering how people felt about them, also they added a staircase into a dustbowl map.  Personally i do not like these changes at all, i honestly think the game was absolutley perfect before hand ( other than the glitch's of course ) .... So how do you feel about them?
Same here. But really got to me was this "Sapped buildings now take slightly less damage from the Spy who sapped them" Come on! Wtf is this shit? Do you know how hard it is to sap buildings already? Do you know what hell it is waiting for the sentry gun to be sapped and hoping to god an engineer does'nt come in and wrench you? Do you know what kind of fucken tension it is? Fuck if sapping sentry guns is hard now in a crowded room, Imagine it with maybe a 10% longer destruction time! And add to that the ever suspicious enemy teammates who look at everyone carefully that goes by buildings. Fuck! This change was'nt needed! What does everyone at valve play engy?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6715|67.222.138.85
What was the "civilian" class?
Madhadda1

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Its like natural selection, but in video game form.  You type some command in the console and you end up spawning as a scout, but with no weapon, lowered health and decreased speed. So you pretty much have screwed yourself for what remains of the round, running around.... and getting killed.  Whats the point you might ask? Attention i suppose, otherwise its just plain stupid.
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

Madhadda1 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Its like natural selection, but in video game form.  You type some command in the console and you end up spawning as a scout, but with no weapon, lowered health and decreased speed. So you pretty much have screwed yourself for what remains of the round, running around.... and getting killed.  Whats the point you might ask? Attention i suppose, otherwise its just plain stupid.
probably the unfinished work of the civilian class in hunted maps
https://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8012/55679100js1.jpg

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-12-20 20:05:25)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6501|N. Ireland
I don't really notice a difference so yep, they are fine for me!
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6443
I'm a little sad that they've disabled the civilian. That was some funny stuff going around on servers with everyone staring at you. They just really need to fix that exploit to see cloaked spies.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6278

Fat_Swinub wrote:

I'm a little sad that they've disabled the civilian. That was some funny stuff going around on servers with everyone staring at you. They just really need to fix that exploit to see cloaked spies.
What exploit?

I think the changes are fine. The sappers thing was a little unnecessary, but everything else is great. Whats wrong with the ubercharge change, Soliders firing at the ground get the same thing done. It just means people wont have to spend ages doing that at the start of the round.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6443

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

What exploit?
When the spy cloaks instead of a shader effect and at range invisibility you just see a black spy model walking around. It isn't very well known and I'm not saying how to do it.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6278
Oh right. It's ok i don't want to know.

Maybe Valve don't know about it then.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6710
I thought they were adding more achievements in this new patch?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476

The Medic's Medigun now charges at an increased rate during Setup time, to remove the need for self-damage grinding
Okay so engi and medic are now MORE POWERFUL, and Sudden Death is gone?

That fucking sucks dick.

Valve you guys are gay.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6715|67.222.138.85

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Okay so engi and medic are now MORE POWERFUL, and Sudden Death is gone?

That fucking sucks dick.

Valve you guys are gay.
Sudden death isn't gone, it's just a server option.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6278
Plus, the medic isn't more powerful at all. They've just got removed the "Soldier shooting at the floor" thing that goes on before rounds start.

Its just the Engineer that gets a little boost.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6661
The spawn exploits on dustbowl are also fixed. I laughed hard at the nubs trying to fire rockets through the gates.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
David.P
Banned
+649|6281

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Valve you guys are gay.
I just had my worst and hardest round as spy, And let me just say we spies are getting shafted!

Last edited by David.P (2007-12-21 09:59:23)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6574|England

Havent really played enough to notice most of that, but the longer time for sappers is a bit fucked up.
Engineers and sentries are overpowered as it is IMO, so making them harder to kill is ridiculous.

I wouldnt mind seeing the end of Sudden Death actually, as it just ends up with the entire team just sat in their base, sentries everywhere and anyone who ever tries to attack gets wiped out. Ive only seen a handful of rounds where Sudden Death resulted in a win/loss and wasnt camped up.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5982|England

Couldn't tell any difference tbh
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6585|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Sapper thingies is ghey tbh....the rest of those is not that bad...But ill be missing the civilian class

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard