Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6839
I think there are a lot more important issues to deal with than adding female player models. 

instead of petitioning ea, why dont you petition the mod community to make new skins for the game you can dl.  they have done it with a bunch of other fps already, counter strike, rtcw and unreal to name a few.

but if ea decided to do this they need to address these issues first:

more weapon unlocks
more stable stat system
more maps
more armies
more player classes
improved tk/blame system
more vehicles
multiple zoom scope for snipers
better interface for finding games and perhaps a favorite server and friend list
and fix the voip
NoConflict
+1|6835|Austin, Texas

tF-afrojap wrote:

That's what 1.03 needs, virtual girl friends who dance around for you in the stats page. And they strip for you as you go up in rank. hah
ahahahh HELL yes, EA would have alot more players that way!!
asmodai

xidolatryx wrote:

that guy is right, women are NOT allowed in the employ of any combat arms unit or put into a situation of direct combat. i know this game is based around marine units, but to demonstrate my point here are a list of US ARMY occupations that are closed to women-
And here I was thinking the US was the land of equal opportunities for both sexes?

In the Netherlands we have a lot of women joining the military on a lot of different levels.  I would need to check, however, to see if any positions are closed to them though.

In the end, does it matter who fights for your freedom or country?
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6839|-

tF-afrojap wrote:

That's what 1.03 needs, virtual girl friends who dance around for you in the stats page. And they strip for you as you go up in rank. hah
SeeJay
+0|6833|Sweden

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

tF-afrojap wrote:

word
1simplemistake18
+0|6833
petition to change this petition to an  "hey, EA, unblock bf2s.com, thanks" petition
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6839|-

1simplemistake18 wrote:

petition to change this petition to an  "hey, EA, unblock bf2s.com, thanks" petition
Petition to keep the petition the same petition as before. Petition.

PETITION!
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6812

tF-afrojap wrote:

That sounds like Postal2?
Guruz
Sir
+20|6830|government yard in trenchtown.
I don't really see this happening, even though it would be nice detail and option in the game.

Imagine all the older ladies complaining like: "I saw my little Janet shot in the face with a anti-tank missile when she was playing Battlefield 2"
Even though they would probably do the same if Little Janet was playing with a male character
gvp000
Bah Humbug!
+3|6804|UK
Okay - trying not to come across as sexest here, but for me the atmophere of the game would change with female models running around ( character models, not Kate Moss etc. )

If the female players feel that they have to have female in game character then fair-enough, but I think atmosphere has a much more realistic feel and is easier to immerse yourself in, than say  ....MOHAA where the online bias actually swung towards the slightly smaller female model resulting in a more 'game' like experience rather then one based on reality.  I dont know why this should matter, but to me it just seemed surreal  to see large packs of women hunting on on WWII battlefield.

What do you people think would this change  the in game experience for you, and ladies how many feel hard done by that there's no female characters ?
Apocalypse416
The Sexiest Apocalypse
+55|6810
Hey, theres a womans voice that says if UAVs on or not.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6839|-

Apocalypse416 wrote:

Hey, theres a womans voice that says if UAVs on or not.
Hey that's right! I forgot about that!
Bruce
+1|6809
lol well...why doesnt some just make some models that u can replace in the game files? i think ea needs to fix the game before they add stuff that wont really change much...imo somone should just make some models and post them on a dl site or somthing...alot of games do this...mostly for hl mods, dont know how easy it would be here
jan
+0|6839|GMT -5
I think the female voice alone would distract the male players
[BFL]KER-CHINK
+0|6820|the UK

1234 wrote:

If they add female models you have to be able to have sex with them and it raises your health like in GTA, and if they put out they get a teamwork point.
LMFHORL OMG wot a thought no 1 would be killing just a huge 64man server gangbang or gang rape depends on which side she is playing on lolololol
[BFL]KER-CHINK
+0|6820|the UK

Dilly wrote:

I think there are a lot more important issues to deal with than adding female player models. 

instead of petitioning ea, why dont you petition the mod community to make new skins for the game you can dl.  they have done it with a bunch of other fps already, counter strike, rtcw and unreal to name a few.

but if ea decided to do this they need to address these issues first:

more weapon unlocks
more stable stat system
more maps
more armies
more player classes
improved tk/blame system
more vehicles
multiple zoom scope for snipers
better interface for finding games and perhaps a favorite server and friend list
and fix the voip
and dont forget the name change option without losing all your hard earned stats and rank
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6833|Missoula, MT
How about the Ronald McDonald character from Half-Life...or the dude on the unicycle.  Those were hilarious!

Don't forget the Powerpuff Girls, so tiny!!  lol

Last edited by CMDR_Dave (2005-09-09 06:25:38)

sHe01
+0|6801
Im female and personally i dont really care what my 'skin' looks like i just like playing... im struggling to see why a female would want to show themselves as such in game ...the only thing i can think of is that the female wants everyone to know there score/rank as a female ...and and show the men 'hey im a woman and can beat you' .... pathetic really... but still i suppose some females feel they need to have that power.. i for one couldnt care a damn..!! In my experience of online games some childish guys just see it as a way to become crude and abnoxious finding it ammusing to 'jump' up and 'down' on a female skin etc etc and so ruins the game for me... so id be happy for it to be left as is it ...

Last edited by sHe01 (2005-09-10 07:35:16)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6833|Cologne, Germany

sHe01 wrote:

Im female and personally i dont really care what my 'skin' looks like i just like playing... im struggling to see why a female would want to show themselves as such in game ...the only thing i can think of is that the female wants everyone to know there score/rank as a female ...and and show the men 'hey im a woman and can beat you' .... pathetic really... but still i suppose some females feel they need to have that power.. i for one couldnt care a damn..!! In my experience of online games some childish guys just see it as a way to become crude and abnoxious finding it ammusing to 'jump' up and 'down' on a female skin etc etc and so ruins the game for me... so id be happy for it to be left as is it ...
quite right..
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6825
In the upcoming mod "Shattered Faith" they have planned Female medics.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6812
plenty of other games have female models. it's not distracting at all.

just make sure the hitboxes are the same size so they're not harder to hit.

besides, they'll be so covered in helmets, equipment, and body armor that you couldn't see any curves, like the ghost recon 2 screens above. if it wasn't for the face, you couldn't even tell it was a woman.
Kingswat
+0|6746
Yes, lets add female models so we have something entertaining to watch when we are dead and waiting to spawn, but hte females must be naked and everything must be proportional, Anti tank female must weigh 400lbs for those that like the larger ones, we can't discriminate.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6722|Uhh... erm...
I agree with Krappy. Altough EA should focus on fixing the bugs before this, female skins won't exactly distract anyone, and as Krappy said, they'll be so bundled up in ammo and combat suits and whatnot that just the face will differentiate between gender. The only problem is that a sniper would hesitate to put a bullet into a woman's head, if he recognises her.
Drunk-Driver
Sober to fly?
+0|6793|San Diego, California
I think females models would be a worthwhile addition, and I mean for all the kits, not just some medic/support crap. And, as previously stated, it wouldn't be the same over sexualized bullshit you see in other games, meaning no distractions for desperate men.
faust82
+0|6778|Sykkylven, Norway
Now, here's your problem with this line of thinking.

None of the armies currently involved in the BF2 universe allows female frontline troops. This is not because they're sexist, but because they pay attention to what other countries do, and learn from it.

Israel has compulsory military service for both boys and girls, but they no longer place the girls in typical frontline units. The reason behind this is actually very pragmatic. It's not to save the women from harm. It's to keep the casualty rates of the men down. They found the casualty rate amongst male personell in a mixed sex platoon would rise, because the soldiers would sacrifice themselves to save the female members. Also, squad commanders were more hesitant to pull back if there was a wounded female left on the battlefield. This compromised squad security and combat efficiency. It's not that the girls are bad soldiers. It's the boys who can't leave their chivalry at home.

Now, several european armies include women in their combat forces, and have good experience with it. They have a different take on things, and can contribute greatly to a squad's efficiency through alternate tactics etc.
Females aren't always girls either. Friend of mine served in Kosovo under a female 2nd lieutenant ("Fenrik"), and she was the hardest platoon commander he's ever seen.

Now, leaving the real world behind, BF2 is, after all, a game, what do you think would happen if female models started appearing? Every single sad geek on the internet would set his preference to "female", so he could lure other sad geeks to stay and support, in the hopes of getting a friendly word and possibly a nude pic over email. I also doubt very many actual females would use the female models, because it would mark them as a huge, inviting target for 13 year old fanboys.

If this could be done without the aforementioned problems, I'm all for it.

Just a word to the guy who's eventually going to model these female characters: Female combat unit members do not have baywatch bodies. The training greatly alters their figure (most of what guys appreciate in the female form is pure fat (tits&ass), and that's the first thing to disappear after months of hard training. Look at decathletes for instance.), and whatever is left of them is covered up by the gear they carry. Additionally, they don't wear makeup. Think more GI Jane, less Tank Girl

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard