DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6153|Vancouver | Canada
Could someone please tell me it's possible to have more than one unlock on your gun?

I can only seem to choose one per gun.

Edit: Another quick question: Is there a site keeping track of stats?
Because as you know, stats are life.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2007-11-24 14:19:38)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6704|67.222.138.85

DefCon-17 wrote:

Could someone please tell me it's possible to have more than one unlock on your gun?

I can only seem to choose one per gun.
You can only have on accessory on your gun, if that's what your asking. For example you can't have a grenade launcher and a red dot sight on your m4.
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6136|New Jersey
Nope!  For whatever reason, it's impossible to put a silencer AND a sight on your weapons in this game.  Perhaps they thought people would pimp out their guns too much.
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6232|United Kingdom
You can use "Overkill" and carry 2 main weapons instead of a sidearm
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Whaaat.

That's retarded.

I think they care about new players too much.
bennisboy
+829|6643|Poundland
Ah how ill out would it be if you could have it like the SAS rifles, silenced, grenade launcher, red dot and laser sight.
Imagine playing on the darker multiplayer maps and being able to see all the laser sights
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

bennisboy wrote:

Ah how ill out would it be if you could have it like the SAS rifles, silenced, grenade launcher, red dot and laser sight.
Imagine playing on the darker multiplayer maps and being able to see all the laser sights
Well then the new players could play on lighter maps before getting those unlocks.
Flaming_Maniac
I think it's more about choice anyways. If you can put everything on, it's not fun, it's better if you have to pick and choose.

For example I think it's pretty obvious a grenade launcher is better than any of the other slot one perks, but on my m16 class I had to choose between that and the red dot scope, and the red dot won out.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
I don't like nade launchers.

Ooooh and another question:
Is it possible to change the default classes?
If not, aren't they completely pointless once you get a few unlocks?
Flaming_Maniac

DefCon-17 wrote:

I don't like nade launchers.

Ooooh and another question:
Is it possible to change the default classes?
If not, aren't they completely pointless once you get a few unlocks?
Completely pointless
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Pffft.

This game could use some fixing.

..It's still so damn addicting though. O.o
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida
While I really love the custom stuff you can do, they really need to rethink the way they did the perks.  It seems sometimes I'm forced to have something one way or another, instead of just making my own class.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6465

DefCon-17 wrote:

Whaaat.

That's retarded.

I think they care about console people too much.
fixed
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6460|meh-land

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

For example I think it's pretty obvious a grenade launcher is better than any of the other slot one perks, but on my m16 class I had to choose between that and the red dot scope, and the red dot won out.
no

3x special grenades with Flash or stun grenades is pretty much equally useful as the GL

I use those things like CS pros use their flashbangs, throw them everywhere

I've actually found that if you are in a well traveled spot with no UAV if you toss a flashbang out you will get a hit registered blip which you can use to determine whether or not someone is out there

helpful hint for teh noobs...
bennisboy
+829|6643|Poundland

DefCon-17 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Well then the new players could play on lighter maps before getting those unlocks.
wah? I was saying how cool would it be, not that it would be unfair
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6283|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I started this debate on another forum,,

I was later convinced that the game was better off with these limitations because otherwise we would all choose the same thing because of the overpowered-ness.....

But you never know what IW might come up with in future patches... so far they've allready used 1.1 and 1.2 to fix two minor problems,,, if they keep going at this rate they will hit 1.9 with nearly no fixes done and there will be no more room for patch names O.o
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Commie Killer
+192|6384

ShawN_ wrote:

I was later convinced that the game was better off with these limitations because otherwise we would all choose the same thing because of the overpowered-ness.....

But you never know what IW might come up with in future patches... so far they've allready used 1.1 and 1.2 to fix two minor problems,,, if they keep going at this rate they will hit 1.9 with nearly no fixes done and there will be no more room for patch names O.o
Well at least they are fixing things while NOT fucking up other stuff......*looks at EA/DICE*
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS

ShawN_ wrote:

1.91, 1.92, 1.93... 1.991, 1.992...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6757|San Antonio, Texas

Spark wrote:

ShawN_ wrote:

2.0, 2.01, 2.1, 2.11, 2.2, 2.21, etc ???
FloppY_
­

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Spark wrote:

ShawN_ wrote:

2.0, 2.01, 2.1, 2.11, 2.2, 2.21, etc ???
You can't go 2.0.... that will be a new game... I would call CSS,,, CS 2.0

And the 1.91 ?! .... i just think that IW hasn't planned on doing much to the game thats why they didnt start with 1.15 etc. like BF,,,

But yes, thank god that IW can patch stuff without ruining everything that was working :S *cough dice*
shoopysean
+11|6132
Dunno if I've missed this question being answered in this thread already but all your stats are stored client-side as in on your own computer and not on a massive online server like in BF2 so there can be stats websites.
FloppY_
­

shoopysean wrote:

Dunno if I've missed this question being answered in this thread already but all your stats are stored client-side as in on your own computer and not on a massive online server like in BF2 so there can't be stats websites.
Fixed

Last edited by ShawN_ (2007-11-26 03:47:21)

shoopysean
+11|6132

ShawN_ wrote:

shoopysean wrote:

Dunno if I've missed this question being answered in this thread already but all your stats are stored client-side as in on your own computer and not on a massive online server like in BF2 so there can't be stats websites.
Fixed
Lol, thanks mate.
I was referring that there could be online stats in BF2 but I now see how it could've been confusing.
I think I've played with you once or twice. I will have to keep an eye out for ya.
FloppY_
­

shoopysean wrote:

ShawN_ wrote:

shoopysean wrote:

Fixed
Lol, thanks mate.
I was referring that there could be online stats in BF2 but I now see how it could've been confusing.
I think I've played with you once or twice. I will have to keep an eye out for ya.
You have ?   My ingame name is ^1FloppY (FloppY)

Sry but i haven't noticed you
shoopysean
+11|6132

ShawN_ wrote:

shoopysean wrote:

ShawN_ wrote:

Fixed
Lol, thanks mate.
You have ?   My ingame name is ^1FloppY (FloppY)

Sry but i haven't noticed you
Haha, I dunno why I thought it could've been you... (I'm really tired atm and not thinking very straight)
There's a million "Shawn's" and you're in Denmark...
My bad!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard