ghost[tORJ]
+3|6126
Guys, I'm a casual player among a pretty decent group of guys, and my kill/death ratio sucks. I'm currently Lance Corporal, and have 30 poitns left to get to Corporal. I currently play a lot of SF & AT roles, but have a couple questions that hopefully you can help with:

1) Can I get those 30 pts in one night?

2) Any advice on how to obtain them quickly?

3) How can I improve my kill/death ratio? it seems like so often I spawn in a hot zone, or on my commander & seem to die right away, etc...

I need help improving my game...

Thanks,

Ghost
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6531|Valhalla
I can safely and honestly say this is the wrong section for this...

Also you should be able to get 30 points in about 5 mins playing IO...

Last edited by loonitic (2007-07-16 09:58:37)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6733

Moved.
Shakez
+39|6166
30 points are not that hard to get.
KamakaziSparow
Time Traveling Salesman!
+8|6152|Somplace or Other
O.K. Yes, you can get 30 points in a night. And the only way I know of right now to inprove your k/d ratio is time, oh, and reading the guides in the wiki.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6592

ghost[tORJ] wrote:

Guys, I'm a casual player among a pretty decent group of guys, and my kill/death ratio sucks. I'm currently Lance Corporal, and have 30 poitns left to get to Corporal. I currently play a lot of SF & AT roles, but have a couple questions that hopefully you can help with:

1) Can I get those 30 pts in one night?

2) Any advice on how to obtain them quickly?

3) How can I improve my kill/death ratio? it seems like so often I spawn in a hot zone, or on my commander & seem to die right away, etc...

I need help improving my game...

Thanks,

Ghost
Well, out of your 20 hours of playtime, you only have 6 and a half minutes of Medic time.  Play medic, revive people.  That should get you 30 points in about 30 seconds.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6128|Scotland!
Play karkand infantry only as a medic and KDR/points are quite easy to get.
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6508
in the time it took you to post this thread you could've had 30 pts.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6837

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Play karkand infantry only as a medic and KDR/points are quite easy to get.
or can be the opposite for the way he is putting it but is the best way to practice the kdr
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6310|Netherlands
The time it took me to post this, is enough for me to get like 15 points already
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6450|USA
30 points on infantry only karkand is like 10 seconds at most....
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6377|the land of bourbon

elite.mafia wrote:

your sig is fucked up

221,540 / 1,000,000 is 22% not 2%
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6450|USA

steelie34 wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

your sig is fucked up

uh, no it's not.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6377|the land of bourbon

elite.mafia wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

your sig is fucked up

uh, no it's not.
okay, it's 22.1540% if you want to be exact.

Last edited by steelie34 (2007-07-16 10:50:11)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6407|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
BF2s Tactical Guides. Guides by us, for us. They cover nearly every single aspect of the game as it is. Give em a read and let us know.

Getting those 30 points is quite possible, just give yourself a round or two, looking at your current ratio.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6432|UK
i can get like 30 points in like < 1m

play medic easy points

or commander.

also your KDR not allot we can do about that

it just takes time to improve

id reccomend playing sniper for KDR.
ghost[tORJ]
+3|6126
<i>in the time it took you to post this thread you could've had 30 pts. </i>

OMG, HA! thanks for the comments, guys... I'm just not as serious of a gamer as the guys I play with. I've been playing some sniper, but I just enjoy AT & blowing stuff up (thanks to Duke Nukem), but in a firefight the AT gun just isn't as accurate as I'd like.

Thanks a ton. I'll check out the guides, as I've only been playing casually & haven't studied a single thing in the game.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6831|Kubra, Damn it!

Now that the flaming's done, welcome to the forums!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6762|UK

steelie34 wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

your sig is fucked up

uh, no it's not.
its % to next rank. Ie since the last rank up he gained 22k points which is 2% of 1,000,000
VicktorVauhn
+319|6388|Southern California

SplinterStrike wrote:

BF2s Tactical Guides. Guides by us, for us. They cover nearly every single aspect of the game as it is. Give em a read and let us know.

Getting those 30 points is quite possible, just give yourself a round or two, looking at your current ratio.
Yeah, the guides can help out a bit....often times you can pick up little things you didn't even think of that you were doing wrong.

Please don't go whore kark IO for the sake of stats Have fun playing, read some guides, and the rest will follow.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6286|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

VicktorVauhn wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Yeah, the guides can help out a bit....often times you can pick up little things you didn't even think of that you were doing wrong.

Please don't go whore kark IO for the sake of stats Have fun playing, read some guides, and the rest will follow.
I whore Karkand IO.

But I do it for the fun.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6187|Roma

Vilham wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

uh, no it's not.
its % to next rank. Ie since the last rank up he gained 22k points which is 2% of 1,000,000
I think i know what you are try ing to say, but your saying it wrong.

220,000 was what he needed to rank up last time, and the extra points he has now are 2 % of what he needs to rank up.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
Yeah, what the people have said, read the guides and dont worry about your k/d ratio just now.

Mine was below 1 right up until just before the 1.3 patch came out (more than a year (i think) of playing the game). It just takes time to get good at the game. Especially since nowadays most people are experts.

As for the 30 points, you should be able to do it. Either play as medic as people have said, or play as support. Give people ammo, and go prone and hold fire whenever you see an enemy as support, or heal/revive people as medic. Both classes get excellent guns (the AT ones in comparison are pretty poor), and also great ways of getting team points while there's no fighting going on.

One more bit of advice; stick to your squad like glue. Never stray away, and make sure you're following whats going on. If your squad meets an enemy, be sure to help them get rid of it. If one of your squad goes down and people dont notice, revive him.

But yeah, time and experience will improve your k/d ratio more than anything.

Edit: Just looked at your stats. Made me laugh when i saw the Airborne Ribbon. That was the first one i got too .

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2007-07-16 15:38:29)

bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6685|London, UK
I got 100 points on sharqi after joining as a medic in infantry only 5 minutes later, I was like o_0 at the end of the round which was in the next 5 minutes...
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6361
Infantry only= fast points. 30 points takes, generally, 5 to 6 minutes to get. (According to my spm)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard