RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51
If you didn't notice it yet, this is for 2142

Hey there,

I've been playing 2142 for about week and half now again, had to download 1464 patches (<- Don't take this to literally ) or sumthing etc etc. Anyway game play has been fine for lets say a week, couple connection problems, but that was due to faulty internet settings and a few CTD's, but this is Battlefield and its from EA so I woudln't have expected anything else, but the last few days its been going crazy! Nearly a fucking CTD every round and if I'm lucky its every 2 rounds, in conclusion I can't play a normal round without a server crashing, internet fuckin up or the game crashing. Well now I've been hearing some things about patch 1.25 crashing servers, does this also apply to the players? Or is this something else?

For the record:

I've updated my drivers.
I've allways played with these settings on this PC.

Don't think the specs and settings need to apply, but if it does here they are anyway:

AMD Athlon 3800+
7600 GT 256mb
2 GB PC6400
K9N 570 Force Sli Mobo
430 watt PSU.
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60hz, both ingame and not ingame.

Settings: Medium/High without AA. The gameplay is fine, not lag or anything but the game just crashes every single damn round.

Can anyone help me? Or is it just a EA mess up with their latest patch?

EDIT: I use XP and Patch 1.25, and its not an overheating prob as well. GPU tempature doesn't go over 60 degrees ingame, its 52 idle. And its cool air coming out the back when playing.
Thnx in advance,

RDMC

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2007-07-04 12:08:42)

r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6597|Michigan, USA
Been fine for me, CTD issue seems to plague a few horribly, and then some others have nothing.  You arent running vista by chance?  though vista works for some, seems to cause alot more problems then its worth.  For XP I really cant help you out, you say you've downlaoded a bunch of patchs, theres only one you need, the 1.25 full patch.  If your using the 1.40 patch, its still in beta, and thus prone to those types of issues.
RDMC
+736|6566|Area 51

r2zoo wrote:

Been fine for me, CTD issue seems to plague a few horribly, and then some others have nothing.  You arent running vista by chance?  though vista works for some, seems to cause alot more problems then its worth.  For XP I really cant help you out, you say you've downlaoded a bunch of patchs, theres only one you need, the 1.25 full patch.  If your using the 1.40 patch, its still in beta, and thus prone to those types of issues.
The ''bunch of patches part'' was figurativly speaking taken the fact that the last time I played at that point was 6 months earlier, I downloaded the FULL 1.25 and have been using that up untill to day, and yes I have Windows XP, don't need that vista crap
shoot2kill500
+0|6144|canada
Ive heard the rumors about the 1.25 server problems aswell, but im yet to experience them. as for a possible solution try giving your case a good clean out, if your drivers are all up to date and your specs seem fine id say your comp might just be over stressing. try closing all backround programs aswell, anything that isnt crutial to the comps functionality
RDMC
+736|6566|Area 51

shoot2kill500 wrote:

Ive heard the rumors about the 1.25 server problems aswell, but im yet to experience them. as for a possible solution try giving your case a good clean out, if your drivers are all up to date and your specs seem fine id say your comp might just be over stressing. try closing all backround programs aswell, anything that isnt crutial to the comps functionality
Might wanna give the clean out a try then, since I allready have everything thats not crucial shut down..
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6711|Sweden
This comes and goes for me had 4 ctd in the same round as a personal record, most times i Ctd once the first round i play then i log back and it´s fine... quite annoying though sometimes nothing helps so just quit the shit and play some other day.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6558|Brisbane, Aus

Hmm, your specs/settings are almost the same as mine, and I'm not 'usually' CTD'ing that bad..

Haven't heard about a crashing  issue, but then I've been out of 2142 for a bit

You could try the Deleting the My Docks folder for 2142, that usually solves a fair few problems, just remember all your settings/passwords.
kachunkachunk
+8|6390|Ontario
How up-to-date is your installation of Windows?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Well... I used to CTD every round but I found that if I disabled the VOIP the CTD's were no more.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271

Spark wrote:

Well... I used to CTD every round but I found that if I disabled the VOIP the CTD's were no more.
Same.

Except i still get one every now and then.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6690|London, UK
recently I found a new bug where you throw the UAV unlock for the support on to a wall by jumping if you get me. I seemed to crash every time I started the round until i reinstalled but when I threw the UAV up in the air at the wall it would crash again, maybe your doing the same as me when your support?
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6650
Are you getting a runtime error..

This may not be linked but in bf2 I got these errors because an error in my tweaking of the config files..
Apart from this I have no idea.
Slickfish
+24|6624
I've had problems with the game getting halfway through loading the map then locking up, I've tried a re-patch and full reinstall of the whole game.
Still the same problem, this has come on all of a sudden after months of running fine, it been unplayable for about 2 weeks now.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
All the "turn off VoIP" people are being retarded. Turn of Anti-Asaling not VoIP.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
sux2bu
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Cursed You
+64|6589|Idaho
My game crashes to desktop when Im not too active (i.e. sitting in a gunner seat of a tank) so it'll minimize my screen like "ahh this isnt that important let me just get this out of your way" but its not really a crash its a minimize, and sometimes its a crash though.  Im not sure if its just your computer not liking that its not allowed to play
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6741
I have just started with freeze ups about 10mins into a game and I have to reboot the PC, now trying a full reinstall.
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6633|Derby, England

run the game in windows mode and see the error message u get ( wrong section by the way moved )
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

this is a bf2142 problem, but its in bf2 help...
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6739|The Hague, Netherlands

Moved to 2142 Help Section
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard