Microwave
_
+515|6644|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I liked the beef.

I agree we need more funnies (in Surgeon language)

I'm with the unban.

Spawn was a coque though tbh....
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6384|Evilsville
I don't like beef actually.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6760|Rotherham, England

mcminty wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Pretty stupid how someone can get banned for having a "dispute" with a moderator. The internet moderator stereotype is always true.
And what stereotype would that be...

Mcminty.

Mekstizzle wrote:

I ain't falling for that one!

I didn't post in this topic. The government is always right. My toilet has more rights than me, i accept everything.
Chicken

Last edited by pedigreeuk (2007-06-04 05:37:13)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6638|Washington DC

justice wrote:

Well, if the dispute is over I think OH would have unbanned him by now, he's obviously banned for a reason, so why should he be unbanned over anyone else? I didn't really know the guy well tbh.
The issue was rather simple ... Beef posted an "I'm leaving BF2s" thread during a period of BF2s when we were getting about 5 attention-whore "I'm leaving BF2s" spam threads per day.  Most of these threads were just getting deleted, but I moved his thread from the [Battlefield 2] section to the [Junk Drawer] in the off chance that it was serious.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=47015

Beef thought I had deleted his thread.  Rather than having a PM dialog about it, he reacted by posting an inappropriate thread.  We later cleared things up through email ...

That's all.

(By the way, moderators do not have the power to permanently ban or to unban ... we can make a recommendation to ban, and it is most often upheld ... but we do not have such powers).
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6674|United States of America
Even if he was unbanned, who says he would come back? Probably have to send an e-mail to inform him of that fact.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6751

I like beef.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6799|NÃ¥rvei

DesertFox- wrote:

Even if he was unbanned, who says he would come back? Probably have to send an e-mail to inform him of that fact.
He want to come back to bf2s,i believe he said so to FFLink on the Irc channel.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Simon
basically
+838|6647|UK

OrangeHound wrote:

justice wrote:

Well, if the dispute is over I think OH would have unbanned him by now, he's obviously banned for a reason, so why should he be unbanned over anyone else? I didn't really know the guy well tbh.
The issue was rather simple ... Beef posted an "I'm leaving BF2s" thread during a period of BF2s when we were getting about 5 attention-whore "I'm leaving BF2s" spam threads per day.  Most of these threads were just getting deleted, but I moved his thread from the [Battlefield 2] section to the [Junk Drawer] in the off chance that it was serious.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=47015

Beef thought I had deleted his thread.  Rather than having a PM dialog about it, he reacted by posting an inappropriate thread.  We later cleared things up through email ...

That's all.

(By the way, moderators do not have the power to permanently ban or to unban ... we can make a recommendation to ban, and it is most often upheld ... but we do not have such powers).
Want to exaggerate a little more there?
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6639|Keyboard
In before the unban j/k
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6638|Washington DC

OrangeHound wrote:

justice wrote:

5 attention-whore "I'm leaving BF2s" spam threads per day.
Want to exaggerate a little more there?
Well,  maybe 4 per day ....
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6334|Cali
Who the hell is beef? The only beef I know of is beef-stew, and if he is the one banned, I say keep him banned!
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6464|Belgium
I would like beef back 2.
*signs virtual petition for unbanning beef*
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6479|Gogledd Cymru

james@alienware wrote:

we could all do with some funnies
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6642
he was the funnies. UNBAN
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6680|Devon, England
:d

Unban Beef!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6621|949

Beef was great.  He even practiced with MaCGP one day
jord
+2,382|6667|The North, beyond the wall.

surgeon_bond wrote:

james@alienware wrote:

we could all do with some funnies
Feel free to Pm me, i'll provide you with all the funnies you need.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6837|"Frisco"

Here's the deal. "People", per se, never get banned. In all honesty, anyone with half a brain could get around any kind of imposed ban. As such, we only ban accounts and the history you've created with them. For many people, this is enough that they will usually stay in line. Sometimes, it isn't.

If you get busted one too many times or just blatantly violate the rules, you lose the account. We're not saying you can never ever come back to the site, you just can't come back with that account anymore. It's like running out of Man's in Mario -- you gotta go back to level 1. This means that if an account is permabanned, it's quite alright to clean your shit up and come back as another user*. We're cool like that. Of course, a dick the second time around would get booted just the same, so it doesn't always work.

As such, the general policy is that we do not unban accounts -- pretty much ever.

* This policy DOES NOT apply to TempBans which are "timeouts" -- we reban if you create dupe accounts to circumvent a tban
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6429|Brisbane, Australia

chuyskywalker wrote:

Here's the deal. "People", per se, never get banned. In all honesty, anyone with half a brain could get around any kind of imposed ban. As such, we only ban accounts and the history you've created with them. For many people, this is enough that they will usually stay in line. Sometimes, it isn't.

If you get busted one too many times or just blatantly violate the rules, you lose the account. We're not saying you can never ever come back to the site, you just can't come back with that account anymore. It's like running out of Man's in Mario -- you gotta go back to level 1. This means that if an account is permabanned, it's quite alright to clean your shit up and come back as another user*. We're cool like that. Of course, a dick the second time around would get booted just the same, so it doesn't always work.

As such, the general policy is that we do not unban accounts -- pretty much ever.

* This policy DOES NOT apply to TempBans which are "timeouts" -- we reban if you create dupe accounts to circumvent a tban
the man has spoken.

Thats a good policy, I like it.

Good on ya chuy!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6628|Montreal, Qc, Canada
so pure_beef_69 should do another acc and start again

pure_beef_70?
LT.Victim
+1,175|6552|British Columbia, Canada
Fuck 'em, I hated the dick.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6590|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
LT.Victim
+1,175|6552|British Columbia, Canada
I think you've forgotten that we can't see deleted post..

Not all of us are moderators you know, care to quote what it says?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6590|132 and Bush

LT.Victim wrote:

I think you've forgotten that we can't see deleted post..

Not all of us are moderators you know, care to quote what it says?
ahh.. I thought it was just closed.. when I look in a certain manner it looks still open..

Let me sum it up "f/u... you suck... pricks...good bye all".
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6629

Andoura wrote:

so pure_beef_69 should do another acc and start again

pure_beef_70?
You might want to change your sig lol, I see the nipples .

edit: nvm

Last edited by thareaper254 (2007-06-06 00:05:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard