462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6684
I had a Platronics GAMECOM1 67003-01 Headset die...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6826106069

I absolutely loved it, great clarity on TS/Vent, game sound and bass was above excellent. I'd buy another but it was less than two years old when the thing crapped out and I don't want to have another do the same thing.  So I borrow my wife's Logitech USB and boy it sounds like I'm in a tin can...

What are you all using? If you have something you really like, please let me know.  I prefer the 3.5mm over USB so if you can specify that too.

Thanks!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

I actually use professional headphones and wear a cheap Logitech headset underneath whenever I use a microphone. I haven't been satisfied with any of the all-in-wonders yet.
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6478| Texas
i use icemat siberias- http://www.compusa.com/products/product … ia_Headset

They are very light weight and comfortable and they sound great too. they go in 3.5mm so you should be good with that. the only downside is that they are not very strong, so if you sat on them more than a couple times, you might find yourself needing new ones again.

they microphone included is actually seperate of the headset and is multidirection. It has a clip on it so you can clip in on your shirt or on this little thing they give you to put on your screen. The mic quality is fairly good but not great.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6706

Darkfire wrote:

They are very light weight and comfortable and they sound great too. they go in 3.5mm so you should be good with that. the only downside is that they are not very strong, so if you sat on them more than a couple times, you might find yourself needing new ones again.

they microphone included is actually seperate of the headset and is multidirection. It has a clip on it so you can clip in on your shirt or on this little thing they give you to put on your screen. The mic quality is fairly good but not great.
50$?  For a headset?  Yea right...
joker8baller
+68|6667

Darkfire wrote:

Seconded. $50 for a headset? Cheap.
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6478| Texas

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Darkfire wrote:

50$?  For a headset?  Yea right...
they're worth it
and i bought them back when they were about 80

edit: Look at the ones he was using- they were $22

Last edited by Darkfire (2007-05-28 21:16:41)

Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6706
30$ is the most I am going to pay for some speakers and a mike in the shape of a headband.
gmoschgat
+5|6449
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85
Icemats are excellent. Good quality base and overall sound, and the mic is also quality if you know where to put it. No lapel BS, the quality is crap there, but I have mine on the headset cord itself aimed at my mouth and it sounds excellent. Slightly away from the face, good position, and it might as well be a headset without having to screw with a boom mic because I never adjust it, just put the headset on and I'm good to go.
TravisC555
+118|6219|Cox Convention Center, OK
I have these:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp … amp;loc=01

I don't use the headphone part, I just use the mic part and wear them around my neck....

If anyone knows of a mic without headphones that can be worn around/on your head just PM or something.
prsguitarman
+1|6183
I have these huge stereo headphones that came with my guitar amplifier.  The sound is amazing to say the least. 
No mic though, but i never go on vent anymore so its ok.
Microwave
_
+515|6655|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I've answered so many of these threads!

(Try searching for a few - just type headsets)

I'm going to say the same as I always say: If you have the money buy some Sennheisers.

I have the PC155 USB (the newer version is called the 156). They are perfect in every way, seriously!

Comfy to ware for long periods of time, GREAT sound, microphone is excellent for ts and they have 3.5mm and a USB connector which can double as a soundcard.

If you have the £75ish buy them.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6415|Finland

Darkfire wrote:

oh yeah. I got the black siberia and it's awsome. never used more comfortable headset than this really worth the extra 20$. so much better.....
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Profitteroles
+11|6239|Dartford
Sennheiser PC150

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC150- … B0000DCRHA

These babys rock!!
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6684

james@alienware wrote:

I've answered so many of these threads!

(Try searching for a few - just type headsets)

I'm going to say the same as I always say: If you have the money buy some Sennheisers.

I have the PC155 USB (the newer version is called the 156). They are perfect in every way, seriously!

Comfy to ware for long periods of time, GREAT sound, microphone is excellent for ts and they have 3.5mm and a USB connector which can double as a soundcard.

If you have the £75ish buy them.
Ran the searches, read those and digested...models change monthly so wanting the latest thoughts on things.  Thanks for your input.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6449

I use Logitech 350 and I love it.
Brasso
+1,549|6631

Darkfire wrote:

Yeah, I have those too.  Very nice, but the clip-on mic tends to make your voice sound tinny.  But the headphones and wires themselves are very strong.  I've dropped my headphones, rolled over the wires, and smashed the microphone on the ground countless times and they all work fine.

P.S. - I spent like $10 or $20 on mine because of Buy.com.

~$50 - $20 rebate - $10(first time Google Checkout customer) = $10 and

Last edited by haffeysucks (2007-05-30 14:47:16)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6696|South Africa
For a better priced HS (considering you have a decent sound card) :

Creative HS-600
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6829|Grapevine, TX
Plantronices GameCom Pro 1;USB Love the comfort, can be worn for hours. With Digital Sound Processing the  bass level is amazing for headphones, sound quality, and sound direction/ detection. Noise cancelling microphone
RiceKrispie
+27|6388|Ottawa, ON
I have the Logitech Precision PC Gaming headset. Mic and sound quality is good but they are fairly uncomfortable after a while. Because there is a gap at the top of the ear pads, they tend to slide down and the plastic feels like it is cutting the top of your ears after extended use. Like I said, good sound quality but wouldn't recommend them as I'm sure there are better choices.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard