OmniDeath
~
+726|6663

rabee2789b wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

entered. not too pleased with this one, but oh well...
Fuck sake, why bother? xD
i dunno, it looks boring to me. couldnt figure out how to incorporate any animation either, which is disappointing.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6552|Cardiff
lol i cant paint cars for shit :S.  im'a gonna wait for next week methinks.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6467

Com'on!!!
Entertayner
+826|6589

Ok, I've checked and we have 12 entries.. So, I'm sorry but R3v4n and **|=5h@wN=|**) will have to be excluded this week.  Sorry guys.   The voting thread will be up in due course.

Last edited by Entertayner (2007-05-28 12:38:00)

r'Eeee
+311|6467

Cool!
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6651

Yay! I cant wait to see everyones sigies
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6482|cuntshitlake

Gooners wrote:

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
r'Eeee
+311|6467

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Gooners wrote:

[PTG]shogun
PS n00b & proud vista user
+44|6451

rabee2789b wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Gooners wrote:

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6569|CH/BR - in UK

[PTG]shogun wrote:

rabee2789b wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

*jumps on bandwagon*

-konfusion
**|=5h@wN=|**
+42|6477|USA
no offense but this SOTW is bogus. i know that you can only put 10 on a poll but your really not getting the best, your getting the first to post. if you need proof look at last weeks sunset one, someone even posted that it was bad. why dont you pick the top ten then post those? anyways ill post mine since it wont be in the poll. Peace

https://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6356/bmwm3copyuu5.jpg
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6760|OctoLand
He has a point...bit how can tayner judge which are the 10 best, so he just has to take the first 10.
I know fucking karate
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6505|Melbourne

I think it would be better if he announced the theme then had to wait a day or two before accepting entry's.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
**|=5h@wN=|**
+42|6477|USA

justice wrote:

He has a point...bit how can tayner judge which are the 10 best, so he just has to take the first 10.
well if hes going to set up the poll then why cant he pick the top ten submitted, then everyone votes for the winner. i mean hes making the theme, he gets all the submit ions, then he sets up the poll, why not judge the top ten?
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6651

R3v4n wrote:

I think it would be better if he announced the theme then had to wait a day or two before accepting entry's.
I think thats an awesoem idea. I bet sigs would turn out ten times better if it worked that way.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6760|OctoLand

**|=5h@wN=|** wrote:

justice wrote:

well if hes going to set up the poll then why cant he pick the top ten submitted, then everyone votes for the winner. i mean hes making the theme, he gets all the submit ions, then he sets up the poll, why not judge the top ten?
Well, say you have 11 entries, 10 and 11 are equally good. Then what?

R3v4n's idea is much better tbh.

Last edited by justice (2007-05-28 18:00:55)

I know fucking karate
**|=5h@wN=|**
+42|6477|USA
Dont get me wrong i think that its a better idea than what the current system, but it still comes down to who submits first. i mean come on...last weeks sunset theme was basically a google image search with text. What is the sense of taking your time on a great sig and then not getting in the competition?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6726|67.222.138.85

**|=5h@wN=|** wrote:

Dont get me wrong i think that its a better idea than what the current system, but it still comes down to who submits first. i mean come on...last weeks sunset theme was basically a google image search with text. What is the sense of taking your time on a great sig and then not getting in the competition?
Look at who won the sunset theme.
**|=5h@wN=|**
+42|6477|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

**|=5h@wN=|** wrote:

Look at who won the sunset theme.
it was number 8 that won...whats your point?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6663

his point is, it wasnt just a googled image, he even showed us the stock photo, he changed a lot. and hell, mine was all from scratch.

Last edited by OmniDeath (2007-05-28 20:14:06)

**|=5h@wN=|**
+42|6477|USA

OmniDeath wrote:

his point is, it wasnt just a googled image, he even showed us the stock photo, he changed a lot. and hell, mine was all from scratch.
i didnt say all of them were......the truth is i voted for yours. im just saying there has to be a better way than just putting in the first 10 people to make a sig. atleast release the themes in advance so we can make the sig ahead of time. then we might get lucky enough to get it posted.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6663

i understand your concern, but i think its fine. it is fair this way. everyone has equal notice. its not supposed to be some big contest, i mean there is one every week, so its not like you never have a chance. this allows people to just test new things, or try new stuff out, at least i thought that was the point. dont get in one week? whats the big deal...
Entertayner
+826|6589

I don't like it this way.. I wish I could just accept as many as I like but I can't, there is a 10 option limit on polls so I have to limit it to 10.  I tried to do 15 on the first week and it just didn't work.  It's really not fair if I select the 10 "best" sigs as my opinion is most probably a lot different to the next person's and the whole idea of this SotW is to let everyone have a chance and not just be the best sig makers every week entering.  I know for a fact that a lot of people have got a lot of satisfaction making sigs for this SotW even though they're sigs aren't the best and they haven't won.  Everyone deserves an equal chance tbh.

Me wrote:

ANYONE CAN ENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please do, the best way to learn graphics is to experiment with shit and get feedback from everyone else around.  I wanna see BF2s' worse sig makers entering this competition as well as the best
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6678|BC, Canada

Entertayner wrote:

I don't like it this way.. I wish I could just accept as many as I like but I can't, there is a 10 option limit on polls so I have to limit it to 10.  I tried to do 15 on the first week and it just didn't work.  It's really not fair if I select the 10 "best" sigs as my opinion is most probably a lot different to the next person's and the whole idea of this SotW is to let everyone have a chance and not just be the best sig makers every week entering.  I know for a fact that a lot of people have got a lot of satisfaction making sigs for this SotW even though they're sigs aren't the best and they haven't won.  Everyone deserves an equal chance tbh.

Me wrote:

ANYONE CAN ENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please do, the best way to learn graphics is to experiment with shit and get feedback from everyone else around.  I wanna see BF2s' worse sig makers entering this competition as well as the best
I agree, I only entered to get a bit more experiece  with photoshop and the like, besides, the way hes suggesting is that we pick the best of the ones that entertayner likes. and someone would have a problem with that method, just have fun with it.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6678|BC, Canada
one question I do have though, is how do you decide the theme? random?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard