M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

Just downloaded and installed this and let me tell you it is sheer chaos, I had a go on singleplayer and lasted maybe ten seconds. The bots are extremely difficult on this game even on easy mode, they use helos, tanks and vehicles just as much as you or I. It is extremely fast paced as well, the games I played couldn't have lasted more than ten minutes tops.
In conclusion, grand fun, anyone else played it?
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6470
Post a link..
The_Mac
+96|6235
Multiplayer? features? Why should I dl this mod versus the billions of others?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

Hmm, it doesn't seem to have an actual homepage, I downloaded it from TBF2, that's where I saw it, here's the link. http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114957 lists some of the features.
I haven't played multiplayer yet but the game allows you to pilot all aircraft against bots, there's a quite a few maps, other maps include Karkand with a Cobra, Sharqi at night and a few others at night. Some of the weapons have been changed as well, the assault kit carries a grapple hook as well on all maps. Its more arcade style than BF2 to be honest but still good. Its only a beta though, just realised.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-05-12 18:30:01)

GR34
+215|6555|ALBERTA> CANADA
great MORE arcade style then bf2 just what we need
siciliano732
+202|6659|New York
i think this is the thing he is talkin about....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLawzheGnzc
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6360|Iowa...
how do you even get this thing to run?
The_Mac
+96|6235

siciliano732 wrote:

i think this is the thing he is talkin about....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLawzheGnzc
uh...no thats a totally different game.
weasel_thingo
+74|6337
are there anyother links for it that totalbf2 one isnt working for me
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6537|Panama
the link isnt working for me
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

Here's the information from the link

SPARTAN HERE, the bf2 assault public beta has begun- getting the beta set up yesterday cost me 6 hours of sleep but its all good

this is the cleanest version of the mod yet
here are client
BF2 ASSAULT 7.117 BETA test client 478mb- o

turns out everything sok
server file
SERVER 140MB

- overview of bf2assault for new people
- BF2 ASSAULT, is a sp,coop,and mutliplayer mod. it is a community mod made by two devs but with content, and advice, and help from many well known modders and dev teams. BLACK SAND STUDIOS has been a major help with this mod

change list
- health packs only give u 10 percent health when picked up( kiss insta-heal good bye)
- smoke grenades have a better effect and act as LASER GUIDED beacons before they pop)
- new suppressed weapons!
- NEW SKINS US ARMY ACU, REVISED MARPAT, and weapon skins are cleaned up and sharper. and those old weapons just look way cooler now!
- USMC LOGO on m16 from first person. ARMY uses issue #
- NEW SCAR SCOPE=) - uses a red illuminated cross
- NEW MAP IWO JIMA
- lots of tweaks to weapons and vehicles
- when squad leader the commander( if a bot) doesn't spam u with messages any more phew!
- there are 10 maps. all SP\COOP\MULTI supported. 3 of which are NIGHT maps

this mods philosophy is great sp, and for content add what you can. but make what you got better then before!( hence reskins for alot of stuff) ul notice the wood grain o the ak47 is very wicked. andthe m16 looks mean and lean. the scar a desert tan with a red scope. expect more goodies in future. hopefully i can get somone to model and code weapons into the game.

- if you havnt played the mod before. there are thousands of changes not listed here. because. well. il let you experience it for ur self, and the bots are NOT ur avg bf2 bots. if u hate multiplayer then this mod will give u bots thatl whoop you where it hurts. the bots in this mod are simply. freaking awsome. things like spawning into vehicles , radar on all air vehicles so u dont have to reley on a uav. such things make the game more fun

also if you make a server could u let me know if the server files work. this is a beta but its open so i want to know if the server files are behaving properly. if you have any issues post them here

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 1409KB.

new map IWO JIMA!!!!!!

MAP LIST

nvg= night vision goggle
- to enable night vision on night maps hit item number 7 button( u need nvgs on before u enter a vehicle to have nvgs on when in one. so if u spawn in one at night u wont have ur nvgs on

Gulf_of_Oman
Daqing_oilfields
IWO_JIMA
Operation_Black_Hawk_Down
Operation_Hydra
Road_To_Jalalabad
Strike_at_Karkand
Sharqi_Peninsula - NIGHT
Iraq_Oilfields - NIGHT
atom_sp - NIGHT
- THERE IS NO INGAME TEXT no 3d maps
- benefits to those who would complain
- no rivalries, you get killed doesnt matter who killed you, its the fact that u got killed that mattesr
- no spamming
- no swearing via text.
- u gain a good amount of frames per second
- you have a clean screen and you can kill and find targets faster
- USE YOUR RADAR.

minor bugs that have been spotted after repetetive 1500 ticket games.
- bots go nuts
- tank barrel shrinks
- battle recorder doesnt work on oman and daqing
- let us know if u have problems

new maps, skins, tweaks, and maybe parachuted kit drops are gonna be looked into for final version. and perhaps more content from USI- thanks for you help guedoe!.
- eu and eu weapons, and stuff are already in the mod. but no map we have has eu on them so well be working on making some awsome map packs. BIG sp\coop support is always the focus

theres alot of credit to go around the communty. from the site admins to the devs atother mods. i cant post the credits here cus its really really long. but ingame thier working=) so u can check them out there

thanks to the site admins, BFSP COMMUNITY, black sand studios! and all the fans, testers

https://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7053/a10at5.png
https://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7059/sk47ec4.png
https://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3979/scarit7.png
https://img156.imageshack.us/img156/296/iwojimank3.png

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-05-14 03:34:17)

Fallschirmjager10
+36|6470
1st pic...*drools* I suppose I can give it a try, have you tried online? If so tell us about it..
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

Unfortunately I haven't, only two servers showed up, I don't know if theres any more, I've just been playing against the bots, which appear to be more difficult than human players.
Also if you look carefully at the stub wing of the Cobra, you might get a surprise.
The_Mac
+96|6235

M.O.A.B wrote:

Also if you look carefully at the stub wing of the Cobra, you might get a surprise.
Machine guns???
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6642

That SCAR-L Looks badass
The_Mac
+96|6235

Gooners wrote:

That SCAR-L Looks badass
Agreed.
SPARTAN117GW
+3|6203
hey there guys. im amazied that i google the name for my own mod and forum posts about it are everywhere! lol. if u have anyquestions u can ask me here. at total bf2 my xfire. spartan117gw, aim spartan117gw, hotmail\msn [email protected]. or filefront.etc its mainly about sp . we had some isssues with coop and muti online during teh beta so were sorting those out. but the sp is a big success. gladd u guys like teh stuff=)
OmniDeath
~
+726|6654

im gonna try it just for sp fun for now. if it gets popular enough and more servers pop up ill play online.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6839|Grapevine, TX
Got the Dl, Ill give it a try/ Hope to find some Servers.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6654

ok so i dl'ed it and...

pretty freakin sweet so far. i did notice in one night map that a. the moon was terribly deformed and b. things like builds and parts of the carrier would show up black even with night vision on.

also, sunday bloody sunday as a loading song was pretty sweet. anyone know who does the version in the mod? it sure wasnt u2...

[edit] m95 owns hard now. and does anyone know how to get the unlocks in sp?

Last edited by Omnideath (2007-05-15 00:53:22)

SPARTAN117GW
+3|6203
whatsup guys. the sunday bloody sunday is a remake by a band called PILLAR.

theres some issues yet to be adressed. and there isnt an option for unlocks in sp. because dice hard coded it. but if u start any game when somone joins\sp\coop\multi they can get the unlocks. but i messed up on that so il need to fix that. oh and yes the m95 is a beast=) yeah il get some fixing for the night sky. theres only like three servers up( noones on them=(  ) well it is a beta. so theres much to come. expect new skins. ALOT of new maps. like 3-4 hopefully) uh maybe even DIGITAL urban(looks like a darker more badapple version of teh acu) acu getting a lil change up to look more like the real one. some balance issues. etc its just  a lil mod growing up. thanks for trying it out=)
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

I've just found an active server, not many people, 3 in fact, but at least there's servers starting up. Here's the IP if you want to join it 84.244.131.101 :16567
It'd be good to see some guys from the forum on, believe me it would be bedlam with enough people.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-05-15 11:01:47)

OmniDeath
~
+726|6654

it would be nice to find some populated servers, even just running coop

i keep getting random ctd's too ...
The_Mac
+96|6235

M.O.A.B wrote:

Ok, so what're on the stubs of the wings now? anyone?
SPARTAN117GW
+3|6203
sorry bout random ctd=s though in singleplayer they dont occour often. some maps had problems online. were working on the online part after all this is sorta an open beta and trust me if we ddnt do the beta thers alot of bugs we douldnt know about. also about those cobra wings. lol THEY ARE PASSENGER SEATS yes. u heard right. thier seats=) enter the cobra then cyle to f3 or f4 and u got a seat on them wings=)

were working on more goods and better multiplayer for the full less buggier version

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard