Poll

How often can you take out a chopper pilot with the M95?

Every single time with one shot17%17% - 46
Usually everytime with multiple shots7%7% - 19
eh.....get some, miss some51%51% - 131
MAN! THIS M95 is SH**! I can't hit a g*dda*n thing!23%23% - 60
Total: 256
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6753|USA
Scenario:

Maybe Ghost Town....pilot hops in the HInd. Your a M95 sniping machine on a rooftop across from its pad. You have had your aim set on that cockpit just waiting. Waiting. Finally there is your victim. He's in! You line it perfect. Fire.

What happens for you at this point?
Ryan
+1,230|6933|Alberta, Canada

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Scenario:

Maybe Ghost Town....pilot hops in the HInd. Your a M95 sniping machine on a rooftop across from its pad. You have had your aim set on that cockpit just waiting. Waiting. Finally there is your victim. He's in! You line it perfect. Fire.

What happens for you at this point?
Erection.
Actually, it's never happened to me. The killing the pilot thing, not the erection.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6549|behind my rifle
i can, depending on my ping, and if my computer wants to work with me...i love doing it, i got a screen of me doing it also ( for the non believers)
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6608|USA
only 67% of the time i guess...
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6501|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
If he's on the ground with a cold chopper, everytime.
As for airborne choppers, I've landed 4 during strafing runs and at least a dozen during hovers or stalls.
M95 is awesome in the right hands. Mine are good, but not even close to perfect.
theexterminator222
Banned
+16|6400
m95 is a teamkillers weapon of choice on wake or some other air map. as for scenarios as described above i find the m95 to be the worst sniper rifle.  I'd take an svd or a type 88 over an m95 any day.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6783
It works like 1/10 times for me :\. Unforgivable.
t0mhank5
+319|6802|Surge
i waste several minutes of my precious time finding a perfect spot to camp an enemy airfield/helipad, waste several more minutes for some guy to get in, and then get super pissed when i cant hit the pilot's head. ive given up.
jgrahl
+4|6780
That seems quite cheap.  I prefer moving targets.  I'll show you one. 

<WP-r> Postal_Worker was the gunner, as you see he crashed.

https://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3143/screen0081yu.jpg

Last edited by jgrahl (2007-03-20 19:07:13)

DSRTurtle
+56|6776
other than the M95 sights suck, I can hit hovering or cold chopper pilots about 20% of the time.  Moving targets, I'm 0 for something.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6380|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Once I master bullet drop, I'll get that thing to work. I've come close, though. In fact, I probably would have had that pilot if one of his teammates in a FAV hadn't charged me and made me rush my shot.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6797|67.222.138.85
80-90% of the time if the chopper is still.
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6840|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL

SplinterStrike wrote:

If he's on the ground with a cold chopper, everytime.
As for airborne choppers, I've landed 4 during strafing runs and at least a dozen during hovers or stalls.
M95 is awesome in the right hands. Mine are good, but not even close to perfect.
QFT

cold copter on Sharqi from the Construction site to TV? Over and over and over and over and finally get artied by the commander...I generally don't use the M95 anymore, though, as the hard-on of shooting a pilot has faded and I prefer the sights on the L96A1...but often STILL get enough to warrant the attentions of the frustrated commander...
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6768|Middle of nowhere

theexterminator222 wrote:

m95 is a teamkillers weapon of choice on wake or some other air map. as for scenarios as described above i find the m95 to be the worst sniper rifle.  I'd take an svd or a type 88 over an m95 any day.
QFT!

however, i use it on SF maps because i don't like the SVD, well, actually i use the M24 if it's available, but i do use the M95 rather than the SVD, i just normally don't b/c i think it sucks

o well, as for the scenario, never happened, but i've had the option to do it many times... too bad i was using the L96 every damn time, lol
agent146
+127|6477|Jesus Land aka Canada
once, and that was when blackhawk whoring was the rage. if was Gulf of Oman, a full blackhawk, and the pilot was good. He hovered and i was on the crane said to my self "hey i heard my new unlocked m95 can shoot through glass." I fired, he slumped on the controls, the blackhack when out of control, two guys jump out- one did not get his parachute quickly enough and the other got gunned down by a fellow MEC on a jeep, the rest die when the chopper hit a building. I was so happy but i only got credit for 1 kill.
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6546|the guy in the hind on gator
if im waiting for some guy to get in the chopper with my aim already on the cockpit all i have to do is left click for the kill

Last edited by russ)=spetsnaz (2007-03-20 21:38:30)

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6729|Montreal, Qc, Canada
MAN! THIS M95 is SH**! I can't hit a g*dda*n thing!
.robzored.
Roflcopter Pilot
+74|6367|Illinois
I don't know, it seems like i'll shoot about 3 bullets at the pilots head before he notices, and then i waste 2 more clips trying to hit him while hes doing a panicky chopper dance on the landing pad. Then i get knifed.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6712|Gold coast, Aus.
I've hit about 4 pilots out of the air whilst doing full on circle strafing.
Hovering, every time (may take a few shots though, but if they stay hovering there gonna get ownt)
Slow moving, is 50/50.
thehootman
+1|6381|Sydney
I've done it a couple times, but most of the time when there is a hovering chopper i will have the l96a1.....
It all comes down to for me how close and how much they are moving.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6536|Queens, NYC
Right before takeoff, I can knockout the pilot maybe 75% of the time. I've had 2 moving kills, but they were coming right for me and I died soon after(the chopper crashed on me). No screenies, sorry. But both kills with the nonstationary helo had very slow moving helos that were trying to strafe me or rocket me.
downthehatch
+2|6369
"Turn round".... ......."any time"
https://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r121/jubiekubagamy/screen029.jpg
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6554|A W S M F O X
If its still i et it 85% of the time, moving...rarely, hit the pilot in full tilt chopper maybe......8 times!?
madmax
+12|6352|perth, w.a.
cant hit anything with the m95 but give me a noob tube an i can take down j-10s
on wake island
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6481

I hate the M95.  It's inaccurate because of the wide sights, it's not ideal for moving target headshots and it's gotta be one of the loudest guns in the game (short of the tank and artillery).  Really, you get one shot and then you have to run because it's easy to track down an M95 user.

On the other hand, It's a good excuse for me to miss with it (damn sights are so ******* massive, grrr), and sometimes it comes in handy.

By the way, is it the only sniper that can go through windshields?  I remember headshotting a driver heading towards me with a M24.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard