ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6640
Well I was wondering what college everyone went to. That is if you are in college.

And me.. I'm not old enough for college yet, but I want to go to the Air Force Academy.

Last edited by thareaper254 (2007-02-25 20:34:04)

KillerKane0
+53|6646|Calgary, Alberta
University of Calgary for my MA; this fall, could be going to Arkansas-Fayetteville, Auburn or Cincinnati for my PhD.

Last edited by KillerKane0 (2007-02-25 20:33:54)

_1_MAN-ARMY.19
+25|6271
High School for me ;/
keimtime
+18|6394|Nebraska, USA
University of Nebraska - Lincoln!
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6760|San Antonio, Texas
I'm thinking of going to ITT Tech. (Not really a university but oh well.)
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6717|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Trinity University
San Antonio, TX
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6692|Calgary

KillerKane0 wrote:

University of Calgary for my MA; this fall, could be going to Arkansas-Fayetteville, Auburn or Cincinnati for my PhD.
Wow, U of C here too  !!!
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6624|Camp XRay

i went to northwestern for undergrad, went back home to university of mississippi for law school
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
mattrsch
Yeah, that thing I said
+18|6635|Ames, IA
Iowa State University
Ames, IA
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

Hike skool is are mi hieghest enducations
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York
Messiah College
Grantham, Pa
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

Executiator wrote:

Arizona State University. Haven't quite chosen a major yet, but I'm leaning towards either Glass blowing or rifling through a major book and putting my finger down. Kinda like roullette.
I prefer my roulette with a revolver.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6645|Camoran's Paradise
Arkansas State University
Jonesboro, AR
Pursuing bachelors in Electrical Engineering
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6634|USA

Marlboroman82 wrote:

i went to northwestern for undergrad, went back home to university of mississippi for law school
i used to live in evanston. Whatd you think of it? I Love that town.
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York

mcgid1 wrote:

Trinity University
San Antonio, TX
you guys have a great soccer program...i go to messiah college and actually play for our soccer team...we are always finding you guys in the NCAA Tournament.  We have just been blessed with success the past 6 years or so...

but none the less...you guys still have a great soccer program.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646
Purdue university
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6660|The darkside of Denver
Colorado Technical University.
Denver, CO.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6650|Keyboard
Universidad Autonoma de Ciudad Juárez in Industrial Enginering .
nonexistentusmc
+26|6446|Queens, NYC
What exactly is the difference between a College or a University?

I went to TCI (Technical Career Institutes) for a semester. Plan on going back in the Fall, needed money, I still owe the school 3,000. LOL, broke!
liquix
+51|6454|Peoples Republic of Portland
The Art Institute of Portland. Industrial Design.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6656|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Ohio University. Athens, Ohio
Smithereener
+138|6316|California

nonexistentusmc wrote:

I'm not quite sure about this, but: A college is actually a group of people, but now it's connotative meaning is a an institution of education although most people tend to think college is 2 year.

University is also an institution of higher learning, but most people assume 4-year.

I don't really think there is a difference, but most people I talk to group "college" with junior colleges.

I've got one year of high school left ahead of me. Getting like, 10 college letters a friggen week. Half of them I haven't even heard of.
maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6421|Melbourne, AUS
University of Melbourne
BVC
+325|6696
University of Canterbury, Christchurch, NZ

Smithereener wrote:

I'm not quite sure about this, but: A college is actually a group of people, but now it's connotative meaning is a an institution of education although most people tend to think college is 2 year.
Over here college generally means high school (though many are called high schools), and never university.
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York

Smithereener wrote:

nonexistentusmc wrote:

University is also an institution of higher learning, but most people assume 4-year.

I don't really think there is a difference, but most people I talk to group "college" with junior colleges.

I've got one year of high school left ahead of me. Getting like, 10 college letters a friggen week. Half of them I haven't even heard of.
student body population and whether or not it is state funded or not.  i think thats what the difference is. (dont quote me on it cuz im not definite.)  A University is usually state funded and has a larger student body.  Neither is better or worse than the other. I do know it has nothing to do with being a 2 or 4 year institution.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard