vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6587|UCF
Online distribution is a lot cheaper than in stores. You gotta include shipping fees, Store add on fees, and packaging fees. It would end up costing $20 instead of $10. Hell, Titan mode was getting a little boring, how this helps.
kptk92
u
+972|6379|tc_london
Well I live in England, and I dont use dollars ... I usually buy online, but not from EA Link (I use a internet shop, like Amazon )

Please sell boxes, not just a crappy download from EA Link!!!
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6323|uk

ffs... another source of money..... people have just forked out ~£30 on a fucking video game, and bearly a month after it has been released, they are already releasing their so called shitty booster packs.

I bet these bloody maps were created before the release of 2142... they just keep them behind to get more money.

I would have expected that with the extra revenue they are getting with all the IGA's that there would have been no need for booster packs.

Absolute shit.
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6396|Browntown
So, I already have all my unlocks, and can't get any more in the future, do I get all the weapons automatically unlocked?
Master*
Banned
+416|6465|United States
I wonder what that night level is gonna be like other than dark.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6746|EUR
brb uninstalling 2142
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Masterstyle wrote:

I wonder what that night level is gonna be like other than dark.
If you played a night map you would know this
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6592|Gold coast, Aus.

MuseSeeker wrote:

brb uninstalling 2142
Did you just come out of a coma?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

gene_pool wrote:

MuseSeeker wrote:

brb uninstalling 2142
Did you just come out of a coma?
hes uninstalling it in protest. read much?
tefI0n
Temporary Messiah
+14|6368|Kalamazoo, MI
A lot of people in this thread could use a schooling in economics, marketing, and finance. You know, to avoid looking like the cheap teenagers they are.
Magius5.0
+106|6352|UMass Amherst
gee, I can do that too...shall I give a demonstration on manipulating supply and demand curves, or marginal cost and marginal price?  karma to anyone who figures it out too.
Netsfear
+5|6412
The ingame advertising is revenue for the company, the booster pack should be free.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6607|Wigan. Manchester. England.
This might make me play 2142 again.
JovesApples
+4|6424|USA

Netsfear wrote:

The ingame advertising is revenue for the company, the booster pack should be free.
thing is, all the bitching and moaning about the "spyware" and ads in general have resulted in the only advertisement i have seen is for the booster pack... lol
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6748|Long Island
can't wait...looks like a lotta fun, especially how it will be titan mode in city settings for the first time!  Gonna be great for me, but a lagfest for others.
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

Netsfear wrote:

True.... just like all the newspapers and magazines are free. And riding the subway is free. And sport matches are free. And everything else with comercials is free. But noooooo EA wants money. Assholes.
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6512|Sammamish, WA
My question is, is this a "booster pack" a la AF & EF that's essentially additional content for the main game, or is this an "expansion pack" a la SF that's a separate "mod" to the main game? I personally never played SF just because I hated CD switching just to play those other maps.

Judging from what I'm hearing (relatively few new features and maps) and that the new unlocks, etc. can be used on preexisting maps, it sounds more like a "booster" pack to me.

I hope it's priced accordingly...
tefI0n
Temporary Messiah
+14|6368|Kalamazoo, MI

Netsfear wrote:

The booster pack is also revenue for the company. Why would they stop their own cash flows?

If NS=Free, EA makes nothing.

If NS=$$$, EA makes $$$, even if one person buys. They lose if it's free. Why would a citizen of a capitalist society want a company to lose, if that company has something that citizen desires?

Your own self-parody amazes me.
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6622|Spokane, Washington

JdeFalconr wrote:

My question is, is this a "booster pack" a la AF & EF that's essentially additional content for the main game, or is this an "expansion pack" a la SF that's a separate "mod" to the main game? I personally never played SF just because I hated CD switching just to play those other maps.

Judging from what I'm hearing (relatively few new features and maps) and that the new unlocks, etc. can be used on preexisting maps, it sounds more like a "booster" pack to me.

I hope it's priced accordingly...
You know you don't have to switch cds, right?  You can just use the vanilla BF2 disk...
Smoke_Deez
+8|6357
Count me in.  I almost wish they waited longer and added even more stuff, for say a SF-like expansion, rather than a booster...but it still sounds like fun.  Can we get some fucking IO though please?
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6787|Belgium

tefI0n wrote:

A lot of people in this thread could use a schooling in economics, marketing, and finance. You know, to avoid looking like the cheap teenagers they are.
Aha.. I'm doing that, like uhm.. Right now?
Have my exam Accountancy tomorrow..

Slickdawg8 wrote:

can't wait...looks like a lotta fun, especially how it will be titan mode in city settings for the first time!  Gonna be great for me, but a lagfest for others.
Yeah.. Like me

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2007-01-19 01:06:25)

iFro
+1|6469
I saw alot of posts about shit, crap and etc. Simple question - Do you want to do your job for free ? Its not so easy as you think, lots of people dont know who is publisher and who is developer, "EA's coding"...

Last edited by iFro (2007-01-23 02:41:02)

Zukabazuka
+23|6656

zeidmaan wrote:

thers a official thread for it already.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=61173

But its a sticky... and no one ever reads stickys
Dude did you just know you posted in the same link as the one you posted?
Sambuccashake
+126|6581|Sweden
Northern Strike Trailer to be found here:
http://www.h610332.serverkompetenz.net/ … p;categ=26

EDIT: That hover-FAV looks interesting!

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2007-01-19 03:45:10)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

Zukabazuka wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

thers a official thread for it already.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=61173

But its a sticky... and no one ever reads stickys
Dude did you just know you posted in the same link as the one you posted?
No I merged the threads.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard