Bernadictus
+1,055|6734

https://www.bf2142benelux.com/TDG/nspressrelease/BF2142NSpcLOGOukeng.gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kratos Aurion wrote:

Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike

The PAC (Pan Asian Coalition) has secretly moved into northern and central Europe, using abandoned urban areas to establish new strongholds. Intense close-quarters warfare awaits the EU forces when they mobilize troops for a full-force assault to claim back their land. The Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike™ Booster Pack brings all-out infantry-focused battles into new snow-covered battlegrounds across Europe.

Three new maps provide the setting for the Booster Pack. High up in the Alps the EU uses launch pods to launch an assault on a PAC Titan docking harbor on the map Port Bavaria. Bridge at Remagen, the scene for one of WWII’s major battles, is once again the setting for intense battles as both sides fight to secure the bridge. Finally, night has fallen when the EU launches their assault on the city in the Liberation of Leipzig..

Battlefield 2142: Infantry Storm offers an asymmetrical vehicle set-up with one new vehicle available to each army. The heavy IFV Goliath is a massive, slow-moving firing platform available to the EU, the attacking side, only. It is used to provide cover, as well as health and ammunition, to nearby infantrymen. The fast-moving hovering light IFV Speeder, available to the defending PAC only, is an efficient vehicle killer when staffed by a well coordinated pilot/gunner team.

With ten new unlocks, also available in the core game, and ten new awards, Battlefield 2142: Infantry Storm offers unprecedented persistence for a Booster Pack and makes the Battlefield 2142 experience deeper than ever before.

The epic Titan mode introduced in Battlefield 2142 is available on two maps, and for the first time in an urban setting. All maps also feature Conquest mode with a tweaked Conquest Assault set-up, in which the attacking army (the EU) now has to conquer all control points before taking the enemy’s main base. Welcome to the future of war!
Key Features

* Fast–paced, infantry-focused gameplay boosts the intensity of the all-out war experience.
    * Three new maps set in Europe, where snow-covered post-apocalyptic cities and a ridge in the Alps become the new battlegrounds.
    * Two brand-new vehicles designed to support infantry combat available in an asymmetrical set-up, with the hovering light IFV Speeder available to the PAC and the massive heavy IFV Goliath available to the EU.
    * Increased persistence. Ten new rewards and ten new unlock items at the top of the unlocks trees, available also on core game maps, take persistence to new levels. Unlock credits earned in the booster pack can also be used in the core game.
    * Epic Titan mode available on two maps, and for the first time in a urban setting, for more intense Titan gameplay.
    * Tweaked Conquest-assault gameplay (Assault Lines game mode) on all three maps creates more choke points and more heated battles.
    * New use of pods gives infantry additional ways of moving across the maps quickly

http://bf-eastage.gamespy.com/battlefie … ;Profiles=

Didn't see any topic about this..
https://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/images/bf2news/northern-strike.jpg

The official thread, rant and rave all you want about Northern Strike. This will be the central location to keep things tidy on the forum.

This topic will be moderated according to these rules.
Sambuccashake
+126|6607|Sweden
I was just about to post an "I'd hit it" picture as a first post but thank goodness I read the rules first.

2142 is mighty fun so I look forward to get NS as well!
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6697|MoVal So-Cal
I'll happily fork over some $$ to make a game thats already better then BF2 even better
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6402|NSW, Australia

lol nice rules.

i reckon titan mode in an urban setting should be pretty cool, although snipers it will be Paradise because i would imagine they would just use pods to jump on roofs, but hey well see.

Last edited by <<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven (2007-01-18 02:46:17)

Sambuccashake
+126|6607|Sweden

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

lol nice rules.

i reckon titan mode in an urban setting should be pretty cool, although snipers it will be Paradise because i would imagine they would just use pods to jump on roofs, but hey well see.
If we weren't living on different continents we could go "pod hunting" these roof huggers together.

They'd have to place those APM's reeeally close to their six unless they want people to scour the roofs in search of knife fodders.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6402|NSW, Australia

Sambuccashake wrote:

lol nice rules.

If we weren't living on different continents we could go "pod hunting" these roof huggers together.

They'd have to place those APM's reeeally close to their six unless they want people to scour the roofs in search of knife fodders.
that would be cool.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6734

Sambuccashake wrote:

lol nice rules.

As far as I read, there won't be many rooftops, because the city is basically one big ruin.
Goliath IFV. I drool by it's name. I hope it will be strong enough to counter those pesky walkers.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6402|NSW, Australia

Bernadictus wrote:

Sambuccashake wrote:

lol nice rules.

As far as I read, there won't be many rooftops, because the city is basically one big ruin.
Goliath IFV. I drool by it's name. I hope it will be strong enough to counter those pesky walkers.
ohh like a massive stadium were all we have is knives...that would be so fun.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6707|Sweden
anyone got a link with some information? not from EA though can´t see those sites from work.
Sambuccashake
+126|6607|Sweden
@Madmurre
Funkar denna?
http://www.bf2142.se/forums.php?m=posts&q=3466

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2007-01-18 03:17:54)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6734

So, new titan maps. A confirmed new Infantry Storm mode featuring the Goliath IFV and that Machimoto thingy.
Can't wait till they release it, I just hope they aren't gonna release it Credit Card only.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6402|NSW, Australia

whats the new mode?, i mean what do you do.

Last edited by <<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven (2007-01-18 03:24:47)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6564|NYC / Hamburg

EU has to cap all the "outside" bases before it can attack the PAC main base

thank god i finally have a credit card. seems like NS will be my first online transaction with it
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6734

max wrote:

EU has to cap all the "outside" bases before it can attack the PAC main base
Supply line mode. You can't attack flag #2 if you do not posses flag #1.
For instance: Camp Gibraltar: You can't capture Toll station if you do not posses Harbour.

This will make up for far more intense fighting, and with the IFV Goliath it will be devastating.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6707|Sweden
GIbraltar, Cerbere and Berlin will be camp festivals with supply line mode fun though if you find fairly balanced teams.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6554|Brisbane, Aus

Booster packs are an awful creation, i'm not bagging the product, the EF/AF were great for BF2 but i had to wait 6 months till it came out in stores, i don't wanna let out our cred card numbers to the internets.

they should wait, expand on their pack and release it as an expantion, none of this EA downloader nonsence (which i've heard doesn't work half the time and is butt slow)

At the content: this pack looks pwnage, can't wait to drop pod into a Titan drydock
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6391|Evilsville
I think the bridge battle is going to be quite intense.
psH
Banned
+217|6380|Sydney
10 new unlocks? SWEET! i might start playing this again, Bf2 just got alot better when i went back to it.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6538|Doncaster UK
i wish i was at home so i could see all this info

are there any pictures of the new maps/ weapons?????

Last edited by mavrick 3399 (2007-01-18 04:53:46)

JonnyNuemonic
+22|6709|Dublin, Republic of Ireland
I've read the release details a few times but still havent seen any answers to the question that has popped up on a number of forums now....

The Booster Pack = BF2142 : Northern Strike

Whats BF2142 : Infantry Storm ????   Is this the name of the new game mode or anyother Booster ??

Like Af and EF ???

And will it be a fully compatable booster pack not like an independent one like SF ??? Which in my opiniun will split the BF2142 community
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6646|Hong Kong

EA wrote:

The heavy Goliath IFV is a massive, slow-moving firing platform...used to provide cover, as well as health and ammunition to nearby infantrymen.
I can almost see the massive IFV advancing up a hillside, all battle stations occupied, each gun pouring high caliber bullets into the air, while 20 or so soldiers are huddling behind the vehicle, walking in a column in the IFV's wake. Goliath whoring FTW!!!

Last edited by SmilingBuddha (2007-01-18 05:42:14)

Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6730|Singapore
Wtf, not an expansion set? Are they gonna release it on ea link? If it is, screw it.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6506|Los Angeles, California
And here is the Goliath.. again. Sorry for the crappy Res... I needed better loading times.. and it got laggy for Titan on medium...

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/lone_wolf_xp/screen000-2.png

Last edited by chaosdragon001 (2007-01-18 07:06:26)

Master*
Banned
+416|6491|United States
How the heck are they gonna award the new unlocks to people that maxed out thier ranks.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6678|Dayton, Ohio
Not sure I like the fact we are going to have to wait till spring to see this thing.  Although that does buy me some time to build a new rig to play on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard