truE_Undi$puted
Banned
+2|6475|UK
OK this is going to be a BF2S list of what 3 things need to be changed/improved/taken out/put in/updated for 2142.

I know theres something like this over on the EA forum, but isnt it better to hae everything in one place.

Dont just say the 'frigin bugs' cause that isnt helping anyone.

1) Poor balancing of weapons, and the fact that all the smaller unlocks before a weapon unlock is a bit of an anti-climax once you've got the gun, because there's nothing else to unlock after you've done that. (And the sound effect of the weapon is very pathetic and weak, and the fact that when prone, too much dust and flashback make it impossible to see the target)

2) Needs one more class of vehicle, something of the Hummer variety in BF2

3) More of a difference in opposing force colours and  APC, mechs etc.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

I would say:

1) Stop the CTDs

2) Stop the Server Crashes

3) Stop the random connection failures
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6418

Jenspm wrote:

I would say:

1) Stop the CTDs

i agree, these are more important!!!. I can't see anything with the guns
KO
Banned
+31|6513|New Jersey
i would agree with 1,2,3 and the other 1,2,3
truE_Undi$puted
Banned
+2|6475|UK

Jenspm wrote:

I would say:

1) Stop the CTDs

These are the obvious ones, even though Ive never had a CTD while playing it.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6667

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

1) Violently squash the bugs

2) Make the AA skillful again

3) Bring back the old blackhawk guns (keep the armor... maybe up the speed at which engy's repair)
Wrong game.
GM_Sniper
One Shot Kill!
+4|6581
1. Well, I'm not into the beta test (haven't got a key yet) but what i would like to see in bf2142 other than a fix for all the server crashes, CTD and so on is a thermal scope adapter for the sniper rifle (I don't now if such device exists right now), so you got a chance to kill an enemy -ie: another sniper- that is using the active camo thing, (Similar to Prey's sniper rifle view) and also an adapter so you can zoom in or out using the scroll wheel NOT only a 4X zoom adapter.

2. Also, add some "mass" to the body so when you get killed by arty or C4 you don't fly across the map.

3. Maybe, just maybe and option to lean right or left so you don't expose the whole body to the enemy fire.

And a bonus one, use all the map's structures so we can take advantage of it.

Once again i repeat that i'm not into the beta test so this probably has been fixed or addressed.
Proxus
+4|6424

GM_Sniper wrote:

1. Well, I'm not into the beta test (haven't got a key yet) but what i would like to see in bf2142 other than a fix for all the server crashes, CTD and so on is a thermal scope adapter for the sniper rifle (I don't now if such device exists right now), so you got a chance to kill an enemy -ie: another sniper- that is using the active camo thing, (Similar to Prey's sniper rifle view) and also an adapter so you can zoom in or out using the scroll wheel NOT only a 4X zoom adapter.
the unlock scope lets you use scroll wheel to zoom in up to 4 x, but with the breathing deviation its fucking pointless to zoom in 4x

my only requests are

-Fix ALL crashing(including disconnects)

-remove breathing deviation from snipers in prone ffs the rifle has a god forsaken bipod on it... learn to use it.

-Fix ALL crashing...
Russkie17
+4|6431|Houston, Texas
Even though this is a beta, this constant crashing and losing connection is getting on my nerves. I have a had a good game that lasted for 2 hours straight with nothing going wrong, but other than that I join a server, and after 5 or so minutes I either lose the connection or the server itself crashes. CTD is also a problem, but I've only had it happen 3 times in the 3 days I've had the beta.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6566|Michigan, USA
-remove breathing deviation from snipers in prone ffs the rifle has a god forsaken bi pod on it... learn to use it.
A bi pod does not prevent a weapon from shifting around while you breathe, It only makes it more stable.  Besides if you know how to shoot, breathing shouldn't be a problem.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6450|Purdue

Jenspm wrote:

I would say:

1) Stop the CTDs

qft
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

truE_Undi$puted wrote:

1) Poor balancing of weapons, and the fact that all the smaller unlocks before a weapon unlock is a bit of an anti-climax once you've got the gun, because there's nothing else to unlock after you've done that. (And the sound effect of the weapon is very pathetic and weak, and the fact that when prone, too much dust and flashback make it impossible to see the target)
weapons are in perfect balance already, just learn how to use them all

2) Needs one more class of vehicle, something of the Hummer variety in BF2
there is a Jeep.

3) More of a difference in opposing force colours and  APC, mechs etc.
there are now

have you actually played this thing?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
1. tiger tank takes too much damage from doing simple driving

2. Takes way to long for prone accuracy to kick in

3. The Titan crash glitch; lost so many rounds because of that.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6450|Purdue

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

1. tiger tank takes too much damage from doing simple driving

2. Takes way to long for prone accuracy to kick in

3. The Titan crash glitch; lost so many rounds because of that.
Yea..it'd also be nice if I could actually lose a round instead of getting a freaking connection problem every single game. I've been playing for around 6 hours today and I've only actually completed THREE game. Every other one has a connection error or I CTD. I suck.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6608|Montreal, Qc, Canada
okay so :

¹ .  A server option that dont allow people to punish for accidental TK's!
(how they gonne know if its accidental or not, i dont no:D)

² .  Give point for destroying arty,scan,uav!

³ . Make the EXPERT awards and the medal a bit more easy to have!

³½ . Plz  PLZ dont take bf2142 too seriosly and stop calling all the people WHORE on this game okay PLZ it will make it a better game !
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6511|Winterpeg, Canada
Um, anyone unlocked the high caliber sniper? The scope is fucking pointless, so fucking bright that zooming in is useless. Also, the Stabilezer needs to recharger faster, and last longer. And finally, Overall, the majority of weapons are underpowered, as in it takes a minimum of 15 rounds to kill a guy at times.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

>>--SNIPERS IN GENERAL ARE USELESS IN THIS GAME--<<

they probably made the scope realistic so people wouldnt waste teamwork on them.
Jbrar
rawr

stryyker wrote:

they probably made the scope realistic so people wouldnt waste teamwork on them.
Personally I think they over did the "realistic" scope idea.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Jbrar wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Personally I think they over did the "realistic" scope idea.
I have an M40A1.. even proned its hard to keep it steady.
my guess is, it was either scope shake, or manual windage adjustment.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6588

Jbrar wrote:

Um, anyone unlocked the high caliber sniper? The scope is fucking pointless, so fucking bright that zooming in is useless. Also, the Stabilezer needs to recharger faster, and last longer. And finally, Overall, the majority of weapons are underpowered, as in it takes a minimum of 15 rounds to kill a guy at times.
the guns aren't too weak after the new build they are fine well mabie the base support guns need some tuning
Jbrar
rawr
Well besides that change, here's another thing that needs to be fixed. There's spots on the Titans in which you can walk "into" them, but if u right click (zoom) you'll see everything normally.

Sorry bout the pic, forgot they kept the same damn rules for the 2nd beta.

Images removed. You're not suppposed to post your screenshots in any other place but the private 2142 forums.

Last edited by Jbrar (2006-09-03 21:29:24)

Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6614|Ohio
1 send me a copy of the game so i can play it.
2 make the final copy free to all bf2 owners.
3 NO MORE PATCHES
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6586|UCF
1. Up the damage of the SMG in close combat(I mean really brutal, like Assault rifle damage in close combat 1m close)

2. Add auto guns to the Titan's decks, hallways, and ceilings (which can be taken out with grenades, a control terminal, or lots of bullets)

3. Raise the ammo, heal, & repair point rates

In reply to others:
The default sniper weapon takes 1~2 shots to kill, Assault takes 3 shots to kill.   Not useless

The buildings are useful in this titan map, as you can hide in them and shoot through the windows

If you can't snipe with the sniper rifle, use the assault gun and shoot.
The breathing is doing exactly what it is designed to, keep the unskilled from using it.

The weapons are well balanced with the exception of the SMG, every weapon matches its class, the support has suppressive fire, the assault can kill, the recon can snipe from afar, the engineers can kill armor no-problem.
The missiles from aircraft do lots of damage, but the fact that they are hard to steer makes them hard to get a  good strafing run.
The transport ships aren't as weak like BF2 nor powerful as before.
The titan's AA can shred gunships but they are still able to activate defenses and not die. There underside guns  have an arc path, they make concealment for advancing troops, but they can't kill as quickly as before.

Anything else?

Last edited by vpyroman (2006-09-05 09:57:49)

Entertayner
+826|6540

vpyroman wrote:

The default sniper weapon takes 3 shots to kill, Assault also takes 3 shots to kill.   Not useless
Wtf are you on about? They're a two shot kill anywhere apart from legs I think and one shot headshot kill You must be a really suckass sniper...
Nintendogamer
+72|6557|Chelmsford, UK
1. Demo needs to be released.
2.Demo needs to be released.
3.Demo needs to be released.

that is all i have to say.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard